[3.9] Windz's Generic Miner Sabo (Arc/Pyroclast focused)

"
I'm sure this has been answered before, but at this point would this be a viable Flashback starter?

Depends on your goals:
Do you want to get to maps as fast as possible? Go Sunder, Totems or Minions.

If that's not too important for you and you'd rather start with your real char, this might be for you.

This build is not pleasant to level through the campaign. Before all the mine laying improvements it is rather clunky, especially if you're not used to mines. If you do want to do this, rush Clever Construction over everything else so that your mines don't get killed all the time before they do anything. Don't try Izaro without it, that's my most hilarious memory of the leveling part. It took forever.

However if you endure that, you get a monster boss killer with decent mapping capabilities.

For the record, I've finished my Bestiary journey and killed the remaining prime evils (*) yesterday: Shaper, Uber Atziri, even HoGM. All deathless and it was never that easy. I don't have the Shaper-damage of ShadowGenisys but Atziri did phase instantly for the entire fight, there wasn't a single double-Flameblast to avoid. HoGM also had no dangerous moments. I got a Balefire but never needed it. Either the guy didn't show or he died just like the other ants.

*edit: Stupid me, no Uber Elder done because I can't be bothered to grind to 15 fragments ;)

You can ignore the Farrul's Fur on my gear and call it a budget solution (there's not even a real 6L). For that money I could have made better purchases for this build (dual mod daggers for example) but I wanted to get it for potential future uses. The only other thing > 1ex was the helmet, which is the centerpiece of the build and cost me 2 ex. That might be more expensive now given that it saves you multiple ex on a 6L chest (and is still better than that). I got lucky with my 21/20 GC (vaaled myself), but that isn't necessary, just buy a 21/0.

This is it:

Jewels: 2x Long WInter, 1x Clear Mind and one rare with 7% life and combined 27% increased damage

Note that I only used that dagger for endgame bosses. Brightbeak is fine for everything up to t15. And instead of the Farrul's Fur you could just use a Carcass Jack or Belly (no links needed).

edit: The Less Duration gem in the boots affects the Aspect of the Cat to the effect that the charges refresh themselves before they run out without any extra duration mods.
The boot enchant is only the 3rd best, but I was happy enough to get one of the 3 relevant ones.
Last edited by Solmyr77 on Apr 30, 2018, 7:03:44 AM
"
Solmyr77 wrote:
"
I'm sure this has been answered before, but at this point would this be a viable Flashback starter?

Depends on your goals:
Do you want to get to maps as fast as possible? Go Sunder, Totems or Minions.

If that's not too important for you and you'd rather start with your real char, this might be for you.

This build is not pleasant to level through the campaign. Before all the mine laying improvements it is rather clunky, especially if you're not used to mines. If you do want to do this, rush Clever Construction over everything else so that your mines don't get killed all the time before they do anything. Don't try Izaro without it, that's my most hilarious memory of the leveling part. It took forever.

However if you endure that, you get a monster boss killer with decent mapping capabilities.

For the record, I've finished my Bestiary journey and killed the remaining prime evils (*) yesterday: Shaper, Uber Atziri, even HoGM. All deathless and it was never that easy. I don't have the Shaper-damage of ShadowGenisys but Atziri did phase instantly for the entire fight, there wasn't a single double-Flameblast to avoid. HoGM also had no dangerous moments. I got a Balefire but never needed it. Either the guy didn't show or he died just like the other ants.

*edit: Stupid me, no Uber Elder done because I can't be bothered to grind to 15 fragments ;)

You can ignore the Farrul's Fur on my gear and call it a budget solution (there's not even a real 6L). For that money I could have made better purchases for this build (dual mod daggers for example) but I wanted to get it for potential future uses. The only other thing > 1ex was the helmet, which is the centerpiece of the build and cost me 2 ex. That might be more expensive now given that it saves you multiple ex on a 6L chest (and is still better than that). I got lucky with my 21/20 GC (vaaled myself), but that isn't necessary, just buy a 21/0.

This is it:

Jewels: 2x Long WInter, 1x Clear Mind and one rare with 7% life and combined 27% increased damage

Note that I only used that dagger for endgame bosses. Brightbeak is fine for everything up to t15. And instead of the Farrul's Fur you could just use a Carcass Jack or Belly (no links needed).

edit: The Less Duration gem in the boots affects the Aspect of the Cat to the effect that the charges refresh themselves before they run out without any extra duration mods.
The boot enchant is only the 3rd best, but I was happy enough to get one of the 3 relevant ones.

Also, since you're using less duration, your buffs should last sub 6 seconds. You can snap shot bosses if you want like shaper for the 100% increased crit from one of the buff which it always starts with (cat's stealth), turn the buff off, prior to let's say shaper immune phase is about to be done with, activate the buff for instant frenzy/power charges + cat's stealth :)
nvm :c
Last edited by bahnschranke on May 1, 2018, 9:05:54 AM
"
bahnschranke wrote:
nvm :c

Now you have me curious lol.
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:

Also, since you're using less duration, your buffs should last sub 6 seconds. You can snap shot bosses if you want like shaper for the 100% increased crit from one of the buff which it always starts with (cat's stealth), turn the buff off, prior to let's say shaper immune phase is about to be done with, activate the buff for instant frenzy/power charges + cat's stealth :)

Nice trick, thank you. The charges are permanent anyway for the buffs each last < 4 seconds with the Less Duration gem, but forcing the crit buff at the start of a new phase (I'm mainly thinking Atziri here) is a good plan.
Does anyone have tips for more survivability for my character, before I move on to minmaxing damage?
"
Does anyone have tips for more survivability for my character, before I move on to minmaxing damage?

Absolutely. No offense but you have a great budget (2 dual daggers, 2 socket Bubonics), yet you make beginner mistakes:

Biggest issue: You need Bleed- and Freeze-protection, so craft your flasks accordingly. Also quality them. And what's the point of the Silver Flask?

Your Le Heup is nice to fix resist or stat issues, but it's not an endgame item (no life roll). You could go for a Dream Fragments instead to cover the Freeze immunity and get EHP through its mana bonus. Else just buy a rare with life and resists.

Your gem setup isn't very good: Please add Fortify to your Whirling Blades.
Also, I'm afraid that your entire helmet setup doesn't trigger because of the Remote Mine support. If so, you lack Enfeeble on enemies. I suggest to move the CWDT setup into the gloves. What you have there isn't that important anyway. Move Frost Bomb into the boots instead of the support gem. Use your helmet for your movement skill (attacks don't care for the Remote Mine support).

Your passive tree could probably be optimized as well. Compare it with mine to see where you can get more survivability (mainly Acrobatics) and which nodes to regret for that.

"
Solmyr77 wrote:
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:

Nice trick, thank you. The charges are permanent anyway for the buffs each last < 4 seconds with the Less Duration gem, but forcing the crit buff at the start of a new phase (I'm mainly thinking Atziri here) is a good plan.

No worries.

Also to your point:
Biggest issue: You need Bleed- and Freeze-protection, so craft your flasks accordingly. Also quality them. And what's the point of the Silver Flask?

He doesn't have any flat ias% anywhere so onslaught helps mitigate that issue with whirling blade recovery/animation speed however in saying that, I only use Silver Flask whenever I do uber elder since it's heavy on movement being life/MoM based, just thought I'd share this as Onslaught is often overlooked but speeding your frames up is quite awesome especially if you got shit for attack speed.

Last edited by ShadowGenisys on May 2, 2018, 6:46:29 AM
For the flashback league since it is so short I am trying a personal challenge, 0 uniques. Any suggested gear\rolls for a pure non-unique attempt?
"
idgarad wrote:
For the flashback league since it is so short I am trying a personal challenge, 0 uniques. Any suggested gear\rolls for a pure non-unique attempt?

This build has no enabling uniques, those used are just more (cost-)efficient than their rare counterparts.

To give you just one example:
The Essence Worm ring grants a massive EHP boost and allows the use of a Clear Mind jewel. Now you go and look up the prices for a combo of a rare unset ring and jewel that provide comparable EHP and damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info