[3.0] BLIGHT PACT | Guardians+Shaper+UberAtz Down on a 4l! Budget To Not So Budget | Starter Build

"
Volkhen wrote:
"
lumosnoxlumo wrote:
"
Tanzt wrote:

And another thing I noticed, what is up with the single crit node between Assassination and Coldhearted Calculation?

Ah! Initially when doing this build, I actually intended for this build to be a transition build to a pledge of hands self cast dark pact build

After dumping more than 900+ fuses into PoH, I was like fuck it and thereafter pushed this to greater heights. Had I 6led my PoH, I would respec out of all my chaos nodes and go for crit instead. I probably allocated that node and totally forgot about it. Thanks for pointing that out!.

I honestly didn't expect a pseudo 5l cwc build would take me this far, but I ain't complaining ya.

Currently doing this on my toon (got lucky on the 6L today). The lack of slots for gems is a bitch, I hate leap slam and the weapon swap feels too slow at the end of a whirling blades.

But 170k DPS on shaper (1 wither stack, no onlaught, lucky crit, charges nor "took a huge hit recently" bonus) feels good and 7.5k hp + MoM soak up some damage. I may remove MoM tho: I was using The Covenant before which is free Blood Magic. I still have to get my hands on high level maps to really test-drive this toon.

Nice to hear that you're enjoying your build bar leap slam. Whirling blades was one the biggest reasons why I designed my build this way or I would have gone dual voids and be done with it.

Also I feel that MoM is kinda a noob trap for most people. Would you trade an extra 1.5k mitigation for critical moments when you can't leech? I feel that MoM will only truly shine when you're using a +3 chaos gems staff with a blood magic mastercraft.
[3.0] BLIGHT PACT | Guardians+Shaper Down on a 4l! Budget To Not So Budget | 9k life | Starter Build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1957148
Last edited by lumosnoxlumo on Aug 17, 2017, 12:18:00 AM
"
Volkhen wrote:

But 170k DPS on shaper (1 wither stack, no onlaught, lucky crit, charges nor "took a huge hit recently" bonus) feels good and 7.5k hp + MoM soak up some damage. I may remove MoM tho: I was using The Covenant before which is free Blood Magic. I still have to get my hands on high level maps to really test-drive this toon.

Similarly, on PoB, with only one wither stack, no onslaught, sulfur flask, damage taken recenty or savage hit, my dark pact itself already does 123k dps to shaper. Blight additionally does 6k dot per stack and with a cast rate of 4.83 and a duration of 3.5sec, max dot will be 102kdps. Thats 225k dps without any gimmicks. Not to mention that 16 stacks of wither is very manageable due to increased duration from breath of the council.
[3.0] BLIGHT PACT | Guardians+Shaper Down on a 4l! Budget To Not So Budget | 9k life | Starter Build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1957148
Last edited by lumosnoxlumo on Aug 17, 2017, 1:04:03 AM
Hi, I made the switch to your build from the other obnoxious one with mom and no proof of clearing end game contents, How big of a difference would choosing alira over the passive 2 point make with this build, as I'm kinda screwed over from the previous guide I followed and turns out it was very bad. Also I cant be bothered to level another marauder.

Lesson learnt, only followed guide with proofs of content cleared instead of theorycraft :(
Last edited by JaytheJazz on Aug 17, 2017, 1:20:29 AM
"
JaytheJazz wrote:
Hi, I made the switch to your build from the other obnoxious one with mom and no proof of clearing end game contents, How big of a difference would choosing alira over the passive 2 point make with this build, as I'm kinda screwed over from the previous guide I followed and turns out it was very bad. Also I cant be bothered to level another marauder.

Lesson learnt, only followed guide with proofs of content cleared instead of theorycraft :(

Hi there! Thank you for your interest in my build! As for the bandit rewards, it's just a difference in 2 passives points! It's actually a minor difference yet it can simply be rectified with 20 orb of regrets. As we scale our DPS and life more from the gear than the passive tree, changing the bandit rewards/worring about it should be the least of your concerns!

Also, I would not diss the other build creator. I can tell he's pretty disheartened by all the negative criticism, more so when he's really passionate about it. It's also our responsibility to be more discerning about which build guides to follow.

I really do hope you'll enjoy my build! Cheers!
"
lumosnoxlumo wrote:

Nice to hear that you're enjoying your build bar leap slam. Whirling blades was one the biggest reasons why I designed my build this way or I would have gone dual voids and be done with it.

Also I feel that MoM is kinda a noob trap for most people. Would you trade an extra 1.5k mitigation for critical moments when you can't leech? I feel that MoM will only truly shine when you're using a +3 chaos gems staff with a blood magic mastercraft.

Yeah I may drop MoM to take more pure HP and be able to use haste and arctic armor. I also hae some points to remove from chaos damage to put them in crit to get some damage. I may reslot Allelopathy once my gems are leveled and I have some T14+ maps to test everything (I like my Divinarius).

As boots go, Mutewind Whispersteps may be a good alternative to get gem slots: 300 less hp but more crit chance and no chilled effect insted of no stun. Another thing to test.

"
JaytheJazz wrote:

That's the joy of new skills revealed almost on launch day: lot of theorycrafting. I started with a high HP / spell and chaos damage before using a lot of regrets to reorient points to crit. I think we can all thank the PoB creator who let us do some exploring before using those hard earned points.
"
Volkhen wrote:

Yeah I may drop MoM to take more pure HP and be able to use haste and arctic armor. I also hae some points to remove from chaos damage to put them in crit to get some damage. I may reslot Allelopathy once my gems are leveled and I have some T14+ maps to test everything (I like my Divinarius).

As boots go, Mutewind Whispersteps may be a good alternative to get gem slots: 300 less hp but more crit chance and no chilled effect insted of no stun. Another thing to test.

Yup mutewinds are really good for spell crit builds! However, Kaom's is much more defensive, making you immune to freezes, chills, temporal chains, and stun. I really can't justify having boots other than kaom's
Last edited by lumosnoxlumo on Aug 17, 2017, 5:02:11 AM
"
lumosnoxlumo wrote:
"
nocx13 wrote:
Thanks for the build OP im leveling up a berserker right now to try out the build ! Will let you know how it works ! By the way is there a recommanded level to drop sunder & go for DP + Blight? I figured around 70?

As soon as you hit 69 and equip those gloves! Then you're good to go!

Thanks for the reply man !
"
nocx13 wrote:
"
lumosnoxlumo wrote:
"
nocx13 wrote:
Thanks for the build OP im leveling up a berserker right now to try out the build ! Will let you know how it works ! By the way is there a recommanded level to drop sunder & go for DP + Blight? I figured around 70?

As soon as you hit 69 and equip those gloves! Then you're good to go!

Thanks for the reply man !

My pleasure!
bumppp
I respec'd to give this a try from traditional dark pact, and unfortunately the lack of leech just kills it. I faced a few enemies and bosses who were not doing savage hits, that I couldn't leech off of.

I think it would be a great starter build, but its not for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info