[3.0] Poison/Bleed Tornado Shot Assassin (budget friendly)

https://pastebin.com/3QvzQv2W

20 wither stacks - 330K split arrow / chain (pack clear) 172K 1 wither stack

20 wither stacks - 740K burning arrow / vile toxins (single target) 386K 1 wither stack

20 wither stacks - 524K split arrow / vile toxins (single target with adds) 275K 1 wither stack

Iron Reflexes - a little more tanky with 4.5K life - 5.5K if drop dps (Darreso's endurance charges & onslaught).

Temp. Chains on hit with weak ass unique gloves

Leaves chest piece open for wither totem, aoe, duration, faster casting etc...

94 crit with ambush / bow nodes (also give ailment dps) - Lioneye's 330 dps (don't have to worry about accuracy).

That should work a pinch better but have a look at it

Grace, artic armor, lvl 6 clarity

What do you think about lightning arrow instead of tornado on the "curse on hit" modified shots? Or even Ice shot? (got a lightning arrow hits 2 additional enemies enhance on my rat's and got a quality 14 lightning arrow gem, been using an ice arrow till now)
"
Sydin117 wrote:
https://pastebin.com/3QvzQv2W

20 wither stacks - 330K split arrow / chain (pack clear) 172K 1 wither stack

20 wither stacks - 740K burning arrow / vile toxins (single target) 386K 1 wither stack

20 wither stacks - 524K split arrow / vile toxins (single target with adds) 275K 1 wither stack

Iron Reflexes - a little more tanky with 4.5K life - 5.5K if drop dps (Darreso's endurance charges & onslaught).

Temp. Chains on hit with weak ass unique gloves

Leaves chest piece open for wither totem, aoe, duration, faster casting etc...

94 crit with ambush / bow nodes (also give ailment dps) - Lioneye's 330 dps (don't have to worry about accuracy).

That should work a pinch better but have a look at it

Grace, artic armor, lvl 6 clarity

Looks like a really cool build! Kind of different from mine though, as it does not use Crimson Dance and the Haemophilia explosions. It seems to require more micro-management since you're casting Spell Totem and Blood Rage manually (which you assumed were active for DPS calculation). You also assume your enemies are moving, which really improves your bleed DPS but isn't always true. And I also doubt you can apply more stacks of poison with every Split Arrow compared to a 7-arrow piercing Tornado Shot with +1/+2 subprojectiles helmet enchantment. You only have chain for coverage, which means that every arrow hits 3 targets at most. In a pack of 15 mobs you're going to hit each one 2 or 3 times on average. PoB doesn't factor that in when calculating DPS.

I'm really not sold on Perfect Agony either, I included it in my build when I first planned it, and quickly removed it when I realized the DPS boost is marginal compared to all the investment you have to make. It should really be at least 50% scaling from your crit multiplier. 30% is way too low.

Daresso's Defiance is an interesting option for a chest though! I might mention it on my guide.

Good luck with your build :)
Last edited by gamboy on Aug 17, 2017, 1:21:15 PM
"
zehel07 wrote:
What do you think about lightning arrow instead of tornado on the "curse on hit" modified shots? Or even Ice shot? (got a lightning arrow hits 2 additional enemies enhance on my rat's and got a quality 14 lightning arrow gem, been using an ice arrow till now)

Oh any bow skill with good coverage can work for the Curse on Hit setup, since we don't care about its DPS! It's just a matter of preference. I'm hitting the entire screen with Tornado Shot and it kinda fits the theme of the build so I'm using it :)
Last edited by gamboy on Aug 17, 2017, 1:20:32 PM
I'm gonna try this out on HC SSF. A couple questions:

1. I have the The Embalmer, Queen of the Forest or Daresso's Defiance, Three-step Assault, and Reach of the Council. Think it's manageable with these items?

2. Did you have any trouble with any bosses or pay anyone to kill anything for you before maps; e.g. Kitava?

Thanks for sharing your build.
"
I'm gonna try this out on HC SSF. A couple questions:

1. I have the The Embalmer, Queen of the Forest or Daresso's Defiance, Three-step Assault, and Reach of the Council. Think it's manageable with these items?

2. Did you have any trouble with any bosses or pay anyone to kill anything for you before maps; e.g. Kitava?

Thanks for sharing your build.

Hey. First of all good luck.

1. Queen of the Forest and Daresso's Defiance don't have any particular synergy with this build, but either of them is a decent option if you like what they provide. A well rolled rare chest will do just fine too. Dendrobate is not build-enabling, but it provides us with the biggest DPS boost out of all the possible chests in the game. Three-step Assault is decent, especially if you use Daresso's Defiance for onslaught, but then that will result in at least 3 armour parts without elemental resists, if you count Embalmer. If you can't cap your resists with this, just go for some average rare boots with movespeed instead. Embalmer is very good and suited for SSF since it will provide you with a pseudo-5L which might be otherwise hard to obtain. Use Tornado Shot with GMP, Deadly Ailments and Unbound Ailments on it. If you someday get your hands on a Haemophilia then I really recommend switching to it, maybe you will manage a 5L by then (Jeweller's Touch? I already got one this league). One of the big issues I'm seeing right now is that you're not going to have piercing. Piercing is a big component of the build and I really don't recommend playing with at least 3 or 4 target pierce. If you use neither Voidwalker nor Infractem, then you absolutely have to grab the pierce cluster above Acrobatics, and probably also use a piercing quiver.

2. I admit I died once on A10 Kitava, didn't pay attention and got two-shot by the adds' "leap slam". Otherwise no, did every boss solo, and I never took my time to farm either. If you want to minimize risks then you should probably take it slow, make sure you are always resist capped, have a few levels above the content you're doing, and take more life nodes sooner than I did.
Last edited by gamboy on Aug 18, 2017, 12:14:04 PM
If you have to choose between 5l Death's Opus (50% crit, 89-199 10as) or 5l Reach of the Council (93-275, 11% as) which would you go with and why? I am new that's why I am asking alot of questions :S
Hey, considering to roll this build, but have a few questions, have you tried this build against guardians and how have you performed?
one simple question, why use rotc over a lionseye?
"
gamboy wrote:

Hey. First of all good luck.

1. Queen of the Forest and Daresso's Defiance don't have any particular synergy with this build, but either of them is a decent option if you like what they provide. A well rolled rare chest will do just fine too. Dendrobate is not build-enabling, but it provides us with the biggest DPS boost out of all the possible chests in the game. Three-step Assault is decent, especially if you use Daresso's Defiance for onslaught, but then that will result in at least 3 armour parts without elemental resists, if you count Embalmer. If you can't cap your resists with this, just go for some average rare boots with movespeed instead. Embalmer is very good and suited for SSF since it will provide you with a pseudo-5L which might be otherwise hard to obtain. Use Tornado Shot with GMP, Deadly Ailments and Unbound Ailments on it. If you someday get your hands on a Haemophilia then I really recommend switching to it, maybe you will manage a 5L by then (Jeweller's Touch? I already got one this league). One of the big issues I'm seeing right now is that you're not going to have piercing. Piercing is a big component of the build and I really don't recommend playing with at least 3 or 4 target pierce. If you use neither Voidwalker nor Infractem, then you absolutely have to grab the pierce cluster above Acrobatics, and probably also use a piercing quiver.

2. I admit I died once on A10 Kitava, didn't pay attention and got two-shot by the adds' "leap slam". Otherwise no, did every boss solo, and I never took my time to farm either. If you want to minimize risks then you should probably take it slow, make sure you are always resist capped, have a few levels above the content you're doing, and take more life nodes sooner than I did.

Thanks for the informative reply. I'm 64 at the moment in Act 9. I actually have an Infractem and I'm noticing the difference pierce makes. Think I'll stick with it. I only have 60% chance to bleed with passives and no Haemophilia gloves so I'm swapping out Unbound Ailments Support for Chance to Bleed Support. I'm considering picking up the Bloodletting or Red Storm wheel because of the lack of gloves and a lack of good jewels. I somehow managed to 5L the Queen chest without too much currency so I'm using the maim/curse Tornado as well. It seems to do good damage on it's own for now.

Does "xx% increased Physical Damage with Bows" increase bleed or poison damage? What % is your estimated chance to evade attacks on your character?
Last edited by LAMSOL on Aug 19, 2017, 9:15:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info