[Dead after 3.0] Facetanker Frost Blades Berserker - Budget, Beginner Friendly [Detailed Guide]

"
AzUther wrote:

Yeah, I finally got my 5th trial. Need the 6th now....

I'm not sure if you know, but people often share trials on /global 820 chat. If you stay around that chat for a while, you should get it quite fast. Finding it yourself can take forever.
Chris Wilson took my soul
Hello,

I'm running frost blades according to this guide IF you want to check. Completely up to you. I have made my own adjustments though.

http://pathofexilegems.com/builds/3-0-crit-dual-wield-frost-blades-marauder-berserker/#comment-1628

Currently in my six-link I'm running: Frost blades> Multistrike support> Elemental Damage with Attacks Support> Melee Physical Damage Support> Faster Attacks Support> And Elemental Focus Support.
I'm doing ALOT of good damage, but I'm squishy even at level 88 with almost 6,000 life and 75% Fire,cold, and lightning resistances. I JUST now picked up vaal pact and haven't tried it out yet. I'm Hoping it helps alot, I wanted to get all my trials done first; Because I needed the life regen from the traps.

Ok, so on to my question.... Does Frost Blades NEED "Global" Critical strike chance stat on jewel's or will the Critical strike chance with melee weapons, 1 handed weapons, while dual wielding, and with cold attacks work just fine? I'm very confused about this whether I need global or not, and whether global affects my projectile damage or not. I really thank and appreciate any advice or feedback I can get at this point, I just started playing this game 2 weeks ago and I'm highly hooked. Cheers!

-Russ :)
"
RexRose wrote:
Hello,

I'm running frost blades according to this guide IF you want to check. Completely up to you. I have made my own adjustments though.

http://pathofexilegems.com/builds/3-0-crit-dual-wield-frost-blades-marauder-berserker/#comment-1628

Currently in my six-link I'm running: Frost blades> Multistrike support> Elemental Damage with Attacks Support> Melee Physical Damage Support> Faster Attacks Support> And Elemental Focus Support.
I'm doing ALOT of good damage, but I'm squishy even at level 88 with almost 6,000 life and 75% Fire,cold, and lightning resistances. I JUST now picked up vaal pact and haven't tried it out yet. I'm Hoping it helps alot, I wanted to get all my trials done first; Because I needed the life regen from the traps.

Ok, so on to my question.... Does Frost Blades NEED "Global" Critical strike chance stat on jewel's or will the Critical strike chance with melee weapons, 1 handed weapons, while dual wielding, and with cold attacks work just fine? I'm very confused about this whether I need global or not, and whether global affects my projectile damage or not. I really thank and appreciate any advice or feedback I can get at this point, I just started playing this game 2 weeks ago and I'm highly hooked. Cheers!

Hi mate. Sorry I didn't answer you before, and won't answer today. Just wanted to say I'm ob vacation, so it'll be two or three days more until I can focus on Poe things again. I have to check to answer your question, as I really don't know it for sure, so I'll give you an answer later this week.

And I'll check your adjustments then.
"
RexRose wrote:
Hello,

Ok, so with a bit more time now, let's comment on your post:

a) Crit with melee weapons/1 handed weapons/while dual wielding works because you're using a weapon to deal your damage. It doesn't matter if you're dealing projectile or melee damage, both of them start from a melee weapon, and will scale with anything that scales the damage with that type of weapon.

b) With cold skills/with elemental skills work as well, since you're using a cold attack/elemental attack.

c) Global crit is global (duh), so it works as well.

d) What won't work is Melee crit. This will only affect the melee part of your hit. It's still something you might use if you only care about scaling single-target damage, but it will do nothing for the projectile part of the skill.

As for feeling squishy and your build in general, a couple notes as well:

a) Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics is good to help against situations where you get hit a few times in quick succession. I'd at the very least pick up Acrobatics. Even if that means a hit to your block chance, the dodge gain makes up for that.

b) Elemental Focus might also be part of the problem, since you can't freeze enemies with it. Freezing is a good defense.

c) I'd add a Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call setup to your gems.

d) In general, dual-wielding claws is a strong option with Frost Blades, and you've built an interesting tree with that. However, your hit chance is really low, and that is something you should address. Specially considering you need to hit things to get your life back, missing so often is bad. Given that, there are a couple of possible solutions:

d.1) The first one would be to invest in accuracy rating on your tree and your gear. Remove the three Life Leech points (you don't need those at all as a Berserker with Cloaked in Savagery), and invest them into Eagle Eye. Respec attack speed for dual wield accuracy on the Dervish cluster, get flat accuracy rating from your gear and, if needed, pick up Acuity on the tree as well.

d.2) The second option is to drop one of your claws and use a Lycosidae shield instead. This would mean you have to respec a couple nodes that work only with dual-wielding (and Weapon Artistry, which works with a Shield but is just not good enough if you don't pick Aspect of the Panther as well). But it would give you 100% hit chance, which is really nice. It's what I'd do in your place. You can then get a tree like this: http://poeurl.com/bBVQ, and use the last points to either work towards Phase Acro (defense in general), life (defense against one-shots) or claws of the pride (more damage).

The first option means you'd have to swap some pieces of gear. Your gloves would need accuracy rating, as well as your amulet and at least one ring. The second option would only need a weapon swap (change your second weapon for a lycosidae shield), and one jewel swap (the one with "while dual-wielding").

e) Speaking of which, I'd recommend you to swap two of your jewels anyway, since you're not using the Fight for Survival treshold jewel. The Cold Penetration it gives you is just too good to ignore.
How viable is this build now? Are there any changes that can be made to fix / cover the changes?

Cheers.
"
Lordbob360 wrote:
How viable is this build now? Are there any changes that can be made to fix / cover the changes?

Cheers.

Sorry I never answered, been living in another country with shitty internet for the last months, so PoE hasn't been a part of my life.

In any case, build is pretty much dead. You needed the insta-leech for this build to make any sense. Without it, just play some other ascendancy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info