[Dead after 3.0] Facetanker Frost Blades Berserker - Budget, Beginner Friendly [Detailed Guide]

Just wanted to leave a reply saying that I have really enjoyed this build. I'm at level 76 with a 6 linked terminal, with all the gems mentioned in the guide. By the way, this is my highest character I have ever had, I always gave up on other builds.

You made this easy to follow and very detailed. I was wondering if you had any other build guides similar to this one because I would definitely want to try another one of your builds out. Thanks for the awesome build!
What do you think of the unique body armor Queen of the Forest? It comes up often in searches.
"
tcastle92 wrote:
Just wanted to leave a reply saying that I have really enjoyed this build. I'm at level 76 with a 6 linked terminal, with all the gems mentioned in the guide. By the way, this is my highest character I have ever had, I always gave up on other builds.

You made this easy to follow and very detailed. I was wondering if you had any other build guides similar to this one because I would definitely want to try another one of your builds out. Thanks for the awesome build!

Thank you for the kind word. It's great to hear positive feedback :) And I hope you keep enjoying the build for a while.

Unfortunately, I do not have any other guides. I'm a reasonably new player still. Had only four characters who reached maps before this one, and only one of these had been a build I've made myself (that didn't work out great, so I gave up soon after reaching maps). The build in this guide has been my first succesful one.

But I'm happy to hear you'd like to follow another build of mine. Maybe I'll be able to make another build I like in the future, and then write a guide about it. For now, though, that's my only one.

"
AzUther wrote:
What do you think of the unique body armor Queen of the Forest? It comes up often in searches.

Queen of the Forest is a unique used by builds who stack a lot of Evasion, and then can move around faster. You need at least 11.250 Evasion to not end up moving slower than without it. Even with really high evasion gear, we don't get this much evasion in this build, as we don't invest in % evasion passives. So it really isn't a good chest for us.
Chris Wilson took my soul
"
DanutMS wrote:

"
AzUther wrote:

Queen of the Forest is a unique used by builds who stack a lot of Evasion, and then can move around faster. You need at least 11.250 Evasion to not end up moving slower than without it. Even with really high evasion gear, we don't get this much evasion in this build, as we don't invest in % evasion passives. So it really isn't a good chest for us.

Ok. This is along the lines of what I was expecting, so I'm glad I didn't buy a QotF for my chest. :)

Next.... I have the HoI/CoH/AM in a 3B1G dex-based head. (As a dex head, getting it to be 2B2G is not an option for me at this point.) I'm looking at possible gems to put in the extra slot. From your list, that would be either a Chaos or Lightning Golem, or Vaal Lightning Trap. I was also thinking that since this is our power charge setup, that putting Power Charge on Crit would be a good support for this setup as well. What are your thoughts on these options as to how they compare to each other?
"
AzUther wrote:

Ok. This is along the lines of what I was expecting, so I'm glad I didn't buy a QotF for my chest. :)

Next.... I have the HoI/CoH/AM in a 3B1G dex-based head. (As a dex head, getting it to be 2B2G is not an option for me at this point.) I'm looking at possible gems to put in the extra slot. From your list, that would be either a Chaos or Lightning Golem, or Vaal Lightning Trap. I was also thinking that since this is our power charge setup, that putting Power Charge on Crit would be a good support for this setup as well. What are your thoughts on these options as to how they compare to each other?

Unfortunately, Herald of Ice can't crit by itself - it has a base chance of 0% crit, so unless you have something that adds flat crit chance (Assassin ascendancy or critical strike support gem, for example), it will not be able to crit. So in your situation it just would not do anything.

As for the other options, I've tried to cover the advantages and disadvantages of each on the guide. Between both Golems, it's a matter of small ofensive bonus vs small defensive bonus. I can't tell you which one is better, you'd have to decide yourself. However, both of them will probably die quite a lot, which can be annoying (as you'll have to recast them manually) and makes it so that they are less effective when you most need them (they usually die during harder fights, leaving you on your own).

Because of this, I'd probably go with a Vaal Lightning Trap. It may not have any effect for general play, but it helps on bosses/harbinger packs, which is where you end up needing help more.
"
DanutMS wrote:
"
AzUther wrote:

Unfortunately, Herald of Ice can't crit by itself - it has a base chance of 0% crit, so unless you have something that adds flat crit chance (Assassin ascendancy or critical strike support gem, for example), it will not be able to crit. So in your situation it just would not do anything.

As for the other options, I've tried to cover the advantages and disadvantages of each on the guide. Between both Golems, it's a matter of small ofensive bonus vs small defensive bonus. I can't tell you which one is better, you'd have to decide yourself. However, both of them will probably die quite a lot, which can be annoying (as you'll have to recast them manually) and makes it so that they are less effective when you most need them (they usually die during harder fights, leaving you on your own).

Because of this, I'd probably go with a Vaal Lightning Trap. It may not have any effect for general play, but it helps on bosses/harbinger packs, which is where you end up needing help more.

Ah. This is why I follow a build plan and don't try to theorycraft. :D Vaal Lightning it is... until I get a final head. With 2B2G, I'd add Blind. If I happen to find an excellent 2B1G1R for the HoI setup, what would you suggest for the red slot?
I got a question about what your dps is with just haterad up and a lightning golem. I am following the guide and have no idea how you got it to over 300k dps, the best I can get it to at the moment is 30k
"
AzUther wrote:

Ah. This is why I follow a build plan and don't try to theorycraft. :D Vaal Lightning it is... until I get a final head. With 2B2G, I'd add Blind. If I happen to find an excellent 2B1G1R for the HoI setup, what would you suggest for the red slot?

Those things are not always easy to grasp. I used Power Charge on Crit for a good while before realizing it wasn't doing anything for me.

As for your question, I don't think there is any red gem that would help much. If you still don't have Vaal Pact, you could get a Stone Golem. It has the same problem as other golems, but I like it's life regeneration, is a nice quality of life effect. Of course, it only works if you don't have Vaal Pact (and don't delay getting Vaal Pact just because of it, Vaal Pact is much much better than the life regen from the Golem).

Other than that, you could use a Warcry. However, it would hardly be worth it, since you have to stop attacking to cast it. In dangerous situations, this would be deadly (we need to attack to leech life). And if the situation isn't dangerous, then there's no need for the warcry in the first place. In the end, just attacking is better in all situations.

If you really couldn't change socket colors, I'd probably just put the Ancestral Protector in that slot, and change the socket colors from the other item where the Ancestral Protector was.

If that isn't possible (or if you're using any support skills with Ancestral Protector, and thus don't want to swap it around), I'd just grab a Portal gem to slot in there and stop worrying about portal scrolls. I can't think of any other useful gem for that one slot.
"
g87tc wrote:
I got a question about what your dps is with just haterad up and a lightning golem. I am following the guide and have no idea how you got it to over 300k dps, the best I can get it to at the moment is 30k

My guess is that you're looking at the in-game DPS tooltip. That tooltip should actually be removed from the game, as it is completely misleading.

My advice is for you to import your character into Path of Building (if you don't have it,
here is the forum thread). It has a much more accurate damage calculation, as it will factor in your other skills and effects. Just be sure to check the right options in the configurations as well (like checking "have you been savage hit recently?" and "have you been hit recently?", since the build relies on taking those hits).

As you had a public char, I did imported it into my PoB. With only Frenzy charges and the "have you been hit" options checked, you're dealing 99k damage against bosses, which already is quite more than the 30k you mentioned.

If you were to add an Atziri's Promise and a Lion's Roar flask, and activate them together with your diamond flask, that would get the damage up to 174k. Adding in the Uber Lab ascendancy as well gets DPS to 255k. With power charges, it would be 284k. And you could still add in a Terminus sword with a better physical damage roll, if you can afford swapping yours around.

TL;DR: In-game damage says nothing. Your damage right now is slightly over 3x what tooltip says. If you want to get it further up, do Uber Lab and pick the Aspect of Carnage ascendancy (makes a huge difference). Also, get yourself some damage flasks and consider swapping your Terminus sword for one with higher physical damage.

Just to compare, my in-game tooltip damage right now is 67k. And this is with a considerable amount of currency invested - my fully buffed PoB damage is now at 420k.
Thanks for the reply. I still have to do the uber lab, wasn't sure if i could survive the hits. I really like this guide as like you said you can just stand there against most of the bosses and just go to town on them. I will look into the new flasks; Atziri's Promise and a Lion's Roar flask; and also the new sword. I was nervous about how that extra 10% damage was going to affect me, as some of the T 9 bosses can still one shot me, and wasnt sure where the uber lab falls into the equivalent of the maps.

Thanks again for the reply and the great guide. far better then the first build i had this season.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info