[3.1] Raider - Ice Shot/Barrage / Everything Viable / 1 Week in League / Awesome Swag

"
Fritso wrote:
"
imbafromNorth wrote:
What should I look for first in stats? Elemental damage? Cold dmg? Phys?

Imo you should probably focus on lvling up and getting more life first. You have about 3.5k life, which will get you killed easily. Get life on ur ring/ammy and quiver.

I really don't like that Marylene's Fallacy. It provides no life, and lowers your crit chance. A lower crit chance means you will be freezing less, which is one of our most important defences.

Try and get a corrupted +1 frenzy ammy with life, like:

Cost me 2ex, and provides similar dmg. But has nice life, and no downside of lowering crit chance.

When you are going to put focus on dmg, get a +2 barrage helmet, and mods like attack speed, ele damage with attacks, projectile damage, elemental damage (opal rings)...etc...

Also, get a Chin Sol for offhand. Does a lot more dmg than Death Opus for barrage when ur at close range. For me it's 6.68m Shaper dps with Chin Sol versus 4.0m with Death Opus. So a big difference.

Yes I will, I know all of that I was just curious which stat exactly will give me most dmg output, so attack speed > ele dmg wit hattacks > proj dmg > elemental dmg? does it mean that I dont have put high focus on Opal rings, but rather on Diamond or even Coral rings? Also that poor ammy gives you similiar dmg to +1 frenzy Marylenes? I thought multiplier plays a bigger role, because if 215%~ multiplier less gives u similiar dmg then im missing something here. Thanks for answering =) and Idk whys doomfletch sio much more faomus than this build, they have same dmg output for much less currency.
"
imbafromNorth wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:
"
imbafromNorth wrote:
What should I look for first in stats? Elemental damage? Cold dmg? Phys?

Imo you should probably focus on lvling up and getting more life first. You have about 3.5k life, which will get you killed easily. Get life on ur ring/ammy and quiver.

I really don't like that Marylene's Fallacy. It provides no life, and lowers your crit chance. A lower crit chance means you will be freezing less, which is one of our most important defences.

Try and get a corrupted +1 frenzy ammy with life, like:

Cost me 2ex, and provides similar dmg. But has nice life, and no downside of lowering crit chance.

When you are going to put focus on dmg, get a +2 barrage helmet, and mods like attack speed, ele damage with attacks, projectile damage, elemental damage (opal rings)...etc...

Also, get a Chin Sol for offhand. Does a lot more dmg than Death Opus for barrage when ur at close range. For me it's 6.68m Shaper dps with Chin Sol versus 4.0m with Death Opus. So a big difference.

Yes I will, I know all of that I was just curious which stat exactly will give me most dmg output, so attack speed > ele dmg wit hattacks > proj dmg > elemental dmg? does it mean that I dont have put high focus on Opal rings, but rather on Diamond or even Coral rings? Also that poor ammy gives you similiar dmg to +1 frenzy Marylenes? I thought multiplier plays a bigger role, because if 215%~ multiplier less gives u similiar dmg then im missing something here. Thanks for answering =) and Idk whys doomfletch sio much more faomus than this build, they have same dmg output for much less currency.

That "poor ammy" also has +1 frenzy charges, and I'd take that one any day over the Marylenes. The huge downside of Marylene is the 40% less crit chance and no life. The reason damage is similar is because of the 40% less crit chance. Keep in mind it's not 40% reduced, but less. So it's a 0.6 x multiplier to your total crit chance. So having a 60% total crit chance would get reduced to 36%. That's why it balances out with the high crit multi.

As for your last sentence, they have similar damage output, but for far MORE currency investment, not less. By the way, the OP with full mirirred gear has 5.4m shaper dps, while this chin sol version can get 7m+.

As for rings, yeah, you don't need opals. THey are for absolute min-maxing, and can be expensive. I'm just using regular resist rings, cuz I needed the res. Just get a good elemental damage with attacks roll on em, and life ofc.

/edit: Marylene's does have the culling, so that's essentially an 11% more dmg modifier that doesn't show up in PoB tooltip. So it is indeed more dmg than my ammy.
Last edited by Fritso on Oct 12, 2017, 10:56:38 AM
Well, I've been busy min-maxing the char.

Current stats:
Lvl: 98
HP: 6.3k
Shaper DPS: 7.28 Million......lol

PoB link:
https://pastebin.com/w1XKm4TZ

Also recorded Phoenix run with updated stats:
https://youtu.be/htyBYzVi6Tc

Gear:

Got some more improvements to be made, like replacing one of my rings for Opal ring, and another 2 lvls to lvl 100. Shooting for that 8 Million Shaper deeps ;-)
Would power charge on crit have any place in this build (since you mention AM is not the best at)?
I'm using this build mostly for farming maps, and I don't /really/ care that much about my single target dps.

One thing I'm wondering is how to keep onslaught up? I have a little bit over 300% MS with all flasks popped and onslaught up, but it's almost NEVER up. What's required for herald of ice to proc onslaught?
"
Bananskrue wrote:
I'm using this build mostly for farming maps, and I don't /really/ care that much about my single target dps.

One thing I'm wondering is how to keep onslaught up? I have a little bit over 300% MS with all flasks popped and onslaught up, but it's almost NEVER up. What's required for herald of ice to proc onslaught?

I have the same issue. The onslaugth buff is kinda not really reliable. You get the buff whenever the HoI explosion kills an enemy. But hey, it's free, and you don't need to do anything for it.

p.s. you may want to reroll your either your Jade or Quicksilver flask. As far as I know 2 of the same mods (% increase evasion during flask) don't stack.
"
H3avyM3tal wrote:
Would power charge on crit have any place in this build (since you mention AM is not the best at)?

You could use orb of storms - pcoc - inc crit for bosses if you like. Just don't use it in any of your active damage setups, since it's a waste during mapping when we get reliable (at least for me) power charges from HoI - CoH - Assassin's Mark.
Can any1 explain me Generosity Support using with Herald of Ice + assasin mark/ice bite + cure on hit.

Cures on hit + assasin mark/ice bite i can understand but can't understand Generosity.
"
Fritso wrote:
"
FCbully wrote:

"
Fritso wrote:

Just make sure your fire res is at least 50% lower than ur cold. That's what I did. I'm at 49 fire res without flasks, and 114% cold res.

My advise would be to lvl up, and get all your gems to at least 20/20. Feel free to look at my char, and compare gear.

Also, I recorded a Minotaur run of my Ice Shot/Barrage character which currently is lvl 97 with 5.07m Shaped dps. Just in case anyone is interested. 3 sec to kill Minotaur isn't bad ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE5wLye98bo&t=1s

Do you have this build in POB

Yes, I do. Here's my updated PoB link with my new +1 arrow Chin Sol. Shaper dps is now at 6.15mil. So minotaur kill should be quite a bit faster than in above vid where I had 5.07mil:

https://pastebin.com/WfmWp0st

Just a question, should i go for duelist or shadow tree first? Also, do you think that's possible for that build to work on HC?

edit: also, what is your pantheon?
Last edited by Raidki on Oct 15, 2017, 8:30:59 AM
"
noegamer wrote:
Can any1 explain me Generosity Support using with Herald of Ice + assasin mark/ice bite + cure on hit.

Cures on hit + assasin mark/ice bite i can understand but can't understand Generosity.

Probably a mistake. Forget about it.

Best 4L would be HoI - CoH - Assassin's MArk - Onslaught

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info