[3.0] The Gatling Storm Burster - MOM-Crit-Life 1,8 Millions DPS Inquisitor

"
Llyrain wrote:
I'm not fan of slower projectiles with this skill - clunky aiming and the damage multiplier doesn't count for the explosions. Increased area should be almost as good, but with better hitting - and no concentrated effect. Again because of overlapping.
Better get a additional conrolled destruction or an elemental focus for making the hits count than a slower projectiles - especially with bosses that like running and teleporting.

For leveling I have even a wand with increased proj. speed at the moment - for clearing this helps.

Just my thoughts.

In the guide you can find controlled destruction and elemental focus in the boss fight set-up. What is missing is increased aoe, I'll give it a try for sure , even if at the moment, running only a 4l, will lower a lot the DPS.
Anyway we boost aoe radius from tree and gear (hope it's enough).

I'm totally not a fan of Slower Projectile too, and it is suggested only in close combat ( this is also in the boss fight set up as well). The multiplier applies to the proj base damage, which will be later affected by the explosion multiplier. So it affects the explosion, but not double dipping.

Faster projectile is a different thing: the most DPS orientated set-up is G-B-B-B-B-B. And GMP is required always. Faster projectile will decrease DPS. Have it from gear is OK for sure, you can use Winds of Change. But I'm not feeling like to suggest to use Faster proj in the set-up. But hey, it's just my 2 cents in faster projectile...

Thank you a lot for sharing your experience and thoughts with Storm Burst!! It's really helpful!
Last edited by Effe86 on Aug 15, 2017, 12:38:37 PM
Hi, thanks for the reply.

As far as I have read proj. damage won't influence the explosion damage, only AOE + the usual spell power etc. It's like molten strike and lightning strike calculated seperatly.

Increase proj. speed was from the leveling weapon found on the floor - I won't socket it as gem.

For clearing it's good, hunting faster monsters, for bossfights more meh as you mentioned.

Still leveling - are the endbosses pimped up in hitpoints, or is this skill so bad in single damage?
Hi,

I have a question about HoT, curse on hit and assasssin's mark.

How is it suppose to work? HoT doesnt trigger and i cant apply the curse to nearby ennemies. Am i doing something wrong?
"
Llyrain wrote:
Hi, thanks for the reply.

As far as I have read proj. damage won't influence the explosion damage, only AOE + the usual spell power etc. It's like molten strike and lightning strike calculated seperatly.

Increase proj. speed was from the leveling weapon found on the floor - I won't socket it as gem.

For clearing it's good, hunting faster monsters, for bossfights more meh as you mentioned.

Still leveling - are the endbosses pimped up in hitpoints, or is this skill so bad in single damage?

It doesn't affect directly the aoe damage, but increasing the projectile damage you also increase the aoe which is 250% more Projectile damage.

Oh ok yes, I've misinterpreted your line about the Projectile speed. Yes having it on weapons is good for levelling.
Winds of Change can be a nice option as gloves

I'm still playing on a bad pc, actually the only thing I can do is try to level up on Reliquary..but the few boss fights I've had went fine, no big problems
"
SirWhizer wrote:
Hi,

How is it suppose to work? HoT doesnt trigger and i cant apply the curse to nearby ennemies. Am i doing something wrong?

Hello Sir! :)

How is your crit chance? You have to kill a shocked enemy in order to "activate" HoT second ability. It has a not so big radius anyway..HoI would be a better option to spread curse, but we have to freeze, and we deal too low cold damage to freeze efficiently
Did you mean to write Vaal Grace instead of Vaal Haste on the boots? Or are you having Vaal Haste in 2 different 4-links?
"
"
SirWhizer wrote:
Hi,

How is your crit chance? You have to kill a shocked enemy in order to "activate" HoT second ability. It has a not so big radius anyway..HoI would be a better option to spread curse, but we have to freeze, and we deal too low cold damage to freeze efficiently

Omg im dumb, i'm using elemental focus on my storm burst so i cant shock lol
"
Venom368 wrote:
Did you mean to write Vaal Grace instead of Vaal Haste on the boots? Or are you having Vaal Haste in 2 different 4-links?

Thank you a lot for pointing this out.
I've improved the gem section

In particular,if not using Kaoms Roots, this should be the set-up in boots:
CWDT + Immortal Call + Increased Duration + Vall Haste

In the second weapon slot, use wrath + enlighten + vaal lightning trap
"
SirWhizer wrote:
"
"
SirWhizer wrote:
Hi,

Omg im dumb, i'm using elemental focus on my storm burst so i cant shock lol

Your character section is set to private, so i can't see your actual gear and gem links.
I can suggest you to use concentrated effect or controlled destruction instead of elemental focus ;)

thats what i will do, was just lvling the support

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info