[3.0] Skeleton Mage build. 7 aura necromancer can both solo endgame maps and support party play

8/12/2017 11:34 P.M. Update:

- Bandit choice update
- Path of Building link update
- Added suggestions tab

To-do list:

- Image additions
- better guide format
- alternative items
- Ascendancy explanation (I can't believe I forgot to do this.)
Last edited by KTMetis on Aug 13, 2017, 6:48:37 PM
How muc hdoes the build cost?
"
AgentKelvin wrote:

To start the build off is pretty cheap. You basically just need these items to switch into skeleton mages:

Queen's decree/escape, Victario's influence, and two dead reckonings.

these items as of 8/13/2017 cost around 15-18 chaos in total.

Upgrading your build can be costly though. The usual should be expected like a 6 link and lvl 21 gems.

To dust jewels are pretty expensive right now hovering 20-30c. I was lucky to get them around 10c in the beginning of the league.

Also getting Kingmaker and Gruthkul's pelt can be costly. Just don't let them die lol.
Last edited by KTMetis on Aug 13, 2017, 5:01:06 AM
"
KTMetis wrote:
"
AgentKelvin wrote:

To start the build off is pretty cheap. You basically just need these items to switch into skeleton mages:

Upgrading your build can be costly though. The usual should be expected like a 6 link and lvl 21 gems.

To dust jewels are pretty expensive right now hovering 20-30c. I was lucky to get them around 10c in the beginning of the league.

Also getting Kingmaker and Gruthkul's pelt can be costly. Just don't let them die lol.

How well does the build work without the expensive stuff? Like what maps can you do without it. I don't really ever get a lot of currency when I play.
Hey, I just died so was looking for a new build and I'm interested in this build.

So, is this HC viable? How much HP do you get at at complete build(Cause Victario's influence gives none)?

If I wanted to make it more tanky(cause HC), could I use bone offering instead of flesh offering after Normal Lab?

Considering no Life Regen or leech, how do you live through boss fights like kitava or brine king(I could not even reach act 7)

Why use those purities instead of using purity of elements and other auras like Artic Armour(I mean, dont skeles cap resists with just that much)?

Any other means of beefing up MYSELF?

"

Hey, I just died so was looking for a new build and I'm interested in this build.

So, is this HC viable? How much HP do you get at at complete build(Cause Victario's influence gives none)?

Right now I am looking at 5k life and 1.5k energy shield.

"
If I wanted to make it more tanky(cause HC), could I use bone offering instead of flesh offering after Normal Lab?

Yea you don't need flesh offering to clear fast. It is mosly there to smooth out mapping since it speeds you up

"
Considering no Life Regen or leech, how do you live through boss fights like kitava or brine king(I could not even reach act 7)

I had no issues relying on just potions to get through boss fights. I didn't die until I reached maps with this character.

"
Why use those purities instead of using purity of elements and other auras like Artic Armour(I mean, dont skeles cap resists with just that much)?

It isn't about capping resists it is about raising the max resist cap. If I remember correctly it makes max resist 84-85% roughly. Elemental damage can wipe your skeletons pretty easily. I am running auras that benefit both my skeletons and my friends when we party so that's why I chose what I chose. It also helps your animate guardian and zombies not die as much. You could choose not to use them and run Artic armour or discipline instead but they won't help your minions or party members survive that much.

Saying that though, I have been thinking of getting rid of wrath and changing up my auras a bit. I am not sure what I want to do just yet however.

Most of the time I find myself just positioning myself more safely if I am worried about dying. Skeleton mages being ranged helps you keep your distance since their range is absurdly long.

Last edited by KTMetis on Aug 13, 2017, 2:19:13 PM
"
AgentKelvin wrote:
"
KTMetis wrote:
"
AgentKelvin wrote:

How well does the build work without the expensive stuff? Like what maps can you do without it. I don't really ever get a lot of currency when I play.

Ok I just tested this out. I made my skeletons a 4 link with minion damage, pierce, lmp. I took out 4 out of the 5 To dust Jewels. I used a level 20 skeleton mage instead of lvl21. And I didn't use my animate guardian.

I was still able to do tier 10-11 maps pretty fast. T12+ was kinda slow though. Honestly you should be able to farm yourself a 5-link and a couple more To dust jewels pretty easily.
Last edited by KTMetis on Aug 13, 2017, 5:31:20 PM
Oh neat. I'll give this build a try once I have the time to play later this week.
Last edited by AgentKelvin on Aug 13, 2017, 6:33:44 PM
8/13/2017 3:21 P.M. Update

- Added build progress tab
- Slight reformat of build
- Path of Building link Updated

To-Do List

- Image additions
- alternative items
- Ascendancy explanation
Last edited by KTMetis on Aug 13, 2017, 6:51:13 PM
Is there any reason that you dont use GMP instead of LMP?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info