[3.0] Skeleton Mage build. 7 aura necromancer can both solo endgame maps and support party play

I'm also playing this build in Abyss. I've found that replacing one of the health flasks with Witchfire Brew has worked well.
It's a decent defensive flask (smoke cloud really helps against melee abyss mobs) and the despair aura adds some of damage to your skeletons and zombies.
Last edited by Gloveless on Dec 13, 2017, 1:24:10 PM
this build works in 3.1?
"
esedanio90 wrote:
this build works in 3.1?

It's better in 3.1 than when OP actually posted it.
"
despair aura

it is not an aura, it is curse... and I don't think that in this build is any possibility to use Blasphemy

I'm struggling with burst dps situations where ES/mana can't take care of and high dps one shots :(,
zombies are stupid they are running from target to me all the time, I need to stay close enough to target and then happens death :)
Last edited by andriuscer on Dec 15, 2017, 5:33:38 AM
burst dps is and always is the bane of fragile builds . and like it or not this IS a fragile build.
5k hp with 1.5k es on a build with no armor , no physical reduction , no evasion and no dodge and low block outside of bone offering is extremely squish.

you need to have your fingers on probably 3 -4 hp flasks for some of the more dangerous fights

as for zombies . you need a direction spell .. like ball lightning or hell auto attack while holding shift works too

I was wondering if it would not be worth it to use rare jewels of the new Ghastly Eye Jewel, over To Dust Jewels? as you would get none of the drawbacks from To Dust.
I pushed red maps with a build using 6 auras and skeletons this season. Abyss bonestalkers are a bit iffy but not impossible. To free space, I will soon move my zombies in one of the new loops and get some control over endurance charges and immortal call.

The 50% more added damage seems to work well with high base damage mods like auras, added chaos, added cold, ghastly jewels and such.

The highest tier I cleared was a corrupted Basilica (T15) at the moment with turbo and 1 damage mod.

Last edited by Chillsabre on Dec 16, 2017, 2:40:47 PM
I'm in reds myself now, I don't see any reason this build can't do Shaper at least. Not sure about Elder/Uber Atziri because I dont know those fights well enough anyway.
Hello OP, I've been following this build since new Abyss league.
However, I often feel confused with the new 3.1 skeleton mage.
Here are the questions that I sum up:

1. Does skeleton mage benefit from the PhYSICAL flat dmg on the ghastly jewel???
(cuz from my knowledge, SM only deal elemental dmg)

2. Which stat on the ghastly jewel yields the most dps for skeleton mage:
a) flat ele dmg
b) increased cast speed
c) Increased minion damage if you have used a minion skill recently

3. Does added ele dmg support gem always better than minion dmg support gem?
(tooltip's number seems bigger but I don't really trust it, especially for summoner)

4. About generosity, I link it with anger but tooptip seems decreased nor does charsheet
is it factional?

5. on the sidenote, flesh offering function weirdly in 3.1. It often consume only few
corpses on the ground and it sometimes won't consume random corpse at all, is it normal?

I know that's a lot of questions and thank you for your patience and looking forward
to your reply.
Last edited by ibecomesonumb on Dec 18, 2017, 6:37:41 AM
Hello OP, since it's possible to have "minion damage" lvl 16 on a helmet, I would like to know if I can put the weapon gems (spell echo, summon skeleton, pierce sup, less multiple projectile) on the helmet and replace the queen's decree by the scourge and a lycosidae shield for better survival. What do you think about this? Even without the Queen's decree with 5 to dust Jewel, the skellies last 22 sec wich is enough. Can The scourge's passif (70minion damage if you have hit recently) be activated by the minions attack or should I hit myself to activate it? And lst question, Are these doable with this build : Atziri, Uber, Shaper?

Edit : Or severed in sleep cutlass/lycosidae is good too
Last edited by MontaYuras on Dec 17, 2017, 6:58:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info