[3.0] VP DP OP - Dark Pact Berserker - New Minotaur Facetank Video

"
xodrul wrote:
question: if you are going MOM, wouldn't taking an 8% to mana node be better than 5% to life?

The shadow area has that 18%er too.. am I misunderstanding how MoM works?

Only 30% of damage goes to mana. But yeah, you should ensure you have enough mana to make use of those 30% against big hits.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
s
Last edited by HairApparent on Apr 27, 2021, 6:13:08 PM
"
Krayth wrote:
So I am currently working up towards this build, at around what level should I look to switch over to dark pact? And what items are absolutely necessary for me to do so?

The answer to your question is in the Leveling section.

"
xodrul wrote:
question: if you are going MOM, wouldn't taking an 8% to mana node be better than 5% to life?

The shadow area has that 18%er too.. am I misunderstanding how MoM works?

Running out of life is still what kills you. Because with acuity we almost always leech back all of our health and mana every hit, the only reason we have MoM is for big hits that threaten to one-shot us.

What this means is, having less unreserved mana than 30% of our health means we're not getting the most out of MoM (ideally we should never be hitting 0 mana). On the other hand, if we have more than 30% of our life as unreserved mana, it will probably never be used, because we would die from the hit before the mana gets lost. So we're shooting for unreserved mana of around 30% of our life.

Before the serpent stance change, we were erring on the side of more mana. Since I had to free up the points from Righteous Decree to get Arcane Potency, though, we're now slightly under. But it's still very close, and we don't have any points to spare.

But if you're thinking we ought to drop some life nodes for mana nodes, I disagree. Life is still what keeps us alive.

"
I can let you test the retch belt; whenever your on just message me.

ign: mormotheos

Thanks man, I appreciate it.
Last edited by Enblighten on Aug 13, 2017, 7:10:09 PM
Auras/heralds if even for leveling? What is a good gem set (auras/heralds) for sunder? I am using sunder in 6 link and DP in a four link right now until i get the trials i need, also using skeleton totem (i know most people don't like the skelies) but i want to use them for the build, at least for a while. Great work, i'm looking forward to late game. Also i tested DP in act 6 with no links, and was still clearing like i had a tabula on, this skill is sick.
"
Rtimusexile wrote:
Auras/heralds if even for leveling? What is a good gem set (auras/heralds) for sunder? I am using sunder in 6 link and DP in a four link right now until i get the trials i need, also using skeleton totem (i know most people don't like the skelies) but i want to use them for the build, at least for a while. Great work, i'm looking forward to late game. Also i tested DP in act 6 with no links, and was still clearing like i had a tabula on, this skill is sick.

I leveled sunder with HoAsh and blas-WM when I got it.

Sunder you'll want to link to added fire, faster attacks, just anything that gets you through the acts easier.

There are racing guides if you want to be super efficient before switching to DP after cruel lab. I admit that's not my strong suit.

I never tried skeletons, because it's just not the fantasy I had when I wanted to use DP. But yeah DP is super strong and I love it.
This looks cool but I'm trying to decide between this, occultist ED/contagion, and AW totems. My budget is only 200c for harbinger sc, and I don't care about clear speed, only boss killing potential. Thoughts?
Leveling this in HC, so far so good. When should I spec out of VP?
"
broseidon07 wrote:
This looks cool but I'm trying to decide between this, occultist ED/contagion, and AW totems. My budget is only 200c for harbinger sc, and I don't care about clear speed, only boss killing potential. Thoughts?

I don't have any familiarity with those other builds (except ED/Contagion when it was new, which was disappointing), but this one can facetank bosses if you pass the gear check, and pumps out really solid DPS. The only things out of your budget are Kaoms and Acuity, and the build is incredibly respectable without either of those items. I'm not exactly impartial, but I highly recommend my build.

"
Leveling this in HC, so far so good. When should I spec out of VP?

When you have Atziri's Acuity to replace it.
Last edited by Enblighten on Aug 14, 2017, 1:09:47 AM
I beat baby Atziri. Tried Core Malachai (with max burning roll and temp chains on map :( ) and did not beat him. I am currently level 86.
Last edited by Enblighten on Aug 14, 2017, 5:54:48 AM
So tried playing around with PoB with the profile in the OP and found you can get an extra 300k dps out of the build for the small small price of 1500 life (and saving you 300 chaos) and ~5% crit. Do so by swapping to 2x Apep's and Covenant robe. I'll admit I am kind of new to PoB so I might not be thinking of something. Pastebin https://pastebin.com/bHMAcgKb

Should note fast casting is not needed as you already probably cast too fast with 2x apep's

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info