[3.0] VP DP OP - Dark Pact Berserker - New Minotaur Facetank Video

Please don't lose your passion! Build creation is a gnarly thing that might not always work out and people will always give you shit about it because there are too many aspects of a build to cover especially when it's a theorycrafted one. I really appreciate the fact that you're humble enough to admit the shortcomings of the build and improve on it.

That being said, I think a way to mitigate the mana issue is to ensure that your mana is more than 30% of your hp. Either increase your mana or decrease your health. That way your mana will never hit 0 assuming you're at constantly full mana while casting darkpact.

In the case when you cannot sustain mana costs, consider taking reduced mana cost wheels, getting the 0.6% life + mana leeched/2% life+mana regen/16% reduced mana cost boots enchant. Also, try to also get reduced mana ost on jewels. Those are pretty cheap in combination with life/chaos+spell dmg.

Regardless of acuity, crit should always be the way to go no matter how little you invest in it. Because diamond flask.

Also, for anyone daunted by the high costs of self-cast dark pact builds, why not consider blight pact? It's pretty cheap yet able to tackle the endgame!
[3.0] BLIGHT PACT | Guardians+Shaper Down on a 4l! Budget To Not So Budget | 9k life | Starter Build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1957148
Last edited by lumosnoxlumo on Aug 17, 2017, 12:09:12 AM
Fuck the haters, yo! Constructive criticism is one thing, however berating an individual is something that a big portion of this community obliviously does, and it's just childish.

This definitely helped me gain the baseline knowledge of how I should spec a DP char! MoM might be outta the situation, but spec outta crit/mana/MoM for hp/survivability nodes and it's still definitely viable w/ Pledge & Kaom's!

Keep your head up dude!

EDIT: Also maybe swap the CiS Ascension with the war cry ascension for more reliability in tough situations??
Last edited by jk97310 on Aug 17, 2017, 12:38:07 AM
@OP: please remember: Just because someone's cries the loudest, it doesn't mean he's right.

@others: Clickbaity title or not, if you are going to make a time investment of at least 5 hours to try a build, you should read the post before making a character.

When I started a character based on this build, it was totally clear to me that I could never actually get any of the GG-items used in PoB. Why would OP put them in there then? Easy: To give an end game goal to work towards to. I won't actually reach that goal - heck, no one will! - but that's not really the point. It's the direction to that goal that I as a player want to rely on when it comes to buying gear.

Another thing is: I think it's a good idea to have the gear and level being normalized to the best possible rolls in PoB. Not that it's the one and only way to truly compare builds but it's a starting point. Anyways, a level ~90, ~100 Chaos version of the build is certainly much more helpful for the player. This build contains both (not exactly level 90, 100 chaos but you get the idea).

Edit: I didn't notice your recent changes to the build. I just read to page 13 or something yesterday before I went to sleep and wanted to share my thoughts about it.
Last edited by RipleyScroll on Aug 17, 2017, 4:06:41 AM
Acuity isn't necessary. I've been doing fine without it, but I also maintain more than 30% of my maximum life with MoM. If you have Kaom's and a lot of health rolls this may become difficult but Kaom's isn't necessary either, and it's unlikely you'd be 1-shot from 6-7k+ HP (removing all your mana) anyway.

For what it's worth, I don't have Lav's either.

There are few enemies in the game who will straight up one-shot you with regular attacks at 6k HP or more. Key words: Regular attacks. Malachai's slam is not a regular attack, it should be dodged. Few builds can reliably facetank that, and those who can probably aren't going for clearspeed.

In general, so long as you have enough mana your new build has roughly the same effective HP as the old build since you're only actually getting an extra ~30% base life (4300 vs 5500 at level 100).

This isn't taking into account Enfeeble, which does make the new build better, I just don't think it's necessary unless you really want to sit there and facetank. Hell, you could take Enfeeble with the old build and have the best of both worlds (you could even remove MoM and take Whispers of Doom and use two curses)!

tl;dr: Don't be so hard on yourself. The build is fine.
Last edited by MrTastix on Aug 17, 2017, 5:27:43 AM
Would be nice to know how to read pastebin.... Or a Full text would be easyier for all.
"
xDmacx wrote:
Would be nice to know how to read pastebin.... Or a Full text would be easyier for all.

My guess would be that it's a Path of Building import code.
Some improvements from me. I looked at your pastebin again and added ele dmg to spells adds like almost no damage to this build. So when you search for items ignore that. It isn't worth to pay severel chaos or maybe ex more to get a mod, that just adds like 3k dmg. High spell damage, cast speed and attack speed and bonus strength is what I look for.
I have to say that so far this build is amazing and fun. I started with another build league starter to farm currency and leveled this. After figuring out my leech problems now I am just plowing through maps and still have room for improvement. I bought kaons and pledge 5l and am just decimating everything. I still have tons of critics another ascendancy to get and lots of levels but this is the first build I've played where I was destroying red maps at lvl75 and had to slow down due to lvl difference and it taking awhile to kill the bosses when I got to them. Great build don't listen to the haters. I can easily see this doing guardians and shaper once I get more crit and acuity.
Hey guys,

so I rolled my DP Zerker today but I am having huge leech issues with bosses/rares so far. Packs and other stuff is really easy but I don't know how to kill bosses with this build. Currently I'm level 65 and going through act 9. for example the Basilisk which is has chaos resistances. I get close, put my wither totem spam DP and just die. It doesnt do a savage hit and otherwise I cant leech enough back. How do you guys handle those situations ?

"
Infernus2k wrote:
Hey guys,

so I rolled my DP Zerker today but I am having huge leech issues with bosses/rares so far. Packs and other stuff is really easy but I don't know how to kill bosses with this build. Currently I'm level 65 and going through act 9. for example the Basilisk which is has chaos resistances. I get close, put my wither totem spam DP and just die. It doesnt do a savage hit and otherwise I cant leech enough back. How do you guys handle those situations ?

I had the same problem. Until you get higher gems you don't hit hard enough to make up the life loss. You have to run blasphemy warlords mark to leech through single target. Your damage might still be too low to 100% it back but it'll be ALOT easier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info