[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

Not sure if using soul mantle with Hierophant is really best idea. You would have to use Kikazaru and I think 7L is not worth playing with curses. With new jewels we can have a lot flat chaos dmg and remember about clear mind. Dont think that we need Soul mantle to have great damage.
BiS stats on jewels in 3.1?
I usually play at a pretty low level. Never really build much wealth, never really play any top end builds. I was pleased with how cheap it was to get this going; I bought my Apeps early, well before I could even use them, and paid 1 alch apiece. Lucky enough to have my Tabula drop very early as well, and even luckier to get it vaaled +1 gems.

So far, although most of my other gear is still pretty scrubby, I am super pleased with how well this build does. Super pleased. Although I find the effects for Dark Pact kinda ugly, it certainly does demolish stuff very quickly. Probably the most powerful build I've ever played.

Like a lot of other folks, I hate Flame Dash. I'm thinking of following another poster, and linking Despair to my Arcane Surge instead.
Not playing this build in this league but I'm guiding some people in the guild.

As I mentioned before the patch hit I had some hope for 5link wither and there's things like this now:

Using my old leagues char with some better tier of above helm + despair would yield me roughly
1.2 million dps skelecasting (compared to 860k last league), with the added benefit of a Storm Barrier linked into it for -13% less dmg taken. Power charges now works for us in a viable way and next up would be getting a good shaped bodyarmor with base+1.5%spellcrit. They're not there yet gearwise in the guild but they're slowly working towards it to make a crit based hiero work.

And that's not even factoring in new jewels this league, overall the net buff I tc'd prepatch turns out to become quite major. Going for a good shaped rare chest is most certainly BiS this league endgame.
Last edited by Lysithea on Dec 17, 2017, 10:02:49 AM
As far as shaped rare chests go, are there any mods in particular to keep an eye out for (other than spell crit)? Thanks!
Last edited by borommakot77 on Dec 17, 2017, 7:08:27 PM
Hello guys

Ive started this build recently but im probably too dumb to use it. Can you translate it to me I mean what is the skills sequency? I see in darkpact description that it needs sceletons to do dmg but it does dmg without skeletons too, why?

Do i have to use just darkpact with spell totem alone or what. And i see that there is frenzy with GMP there i dont know how does it match up with darkpact?

Sorry for being lame and thanks for clear answers.
"
Bullsh1t wrote:
Hello guys

Ive started this build recently but im probably too dumb to use it. Can you translate it to me I mean what is the skills sequency? I see in darkpact description that it needs sceletons to do dmg but it does dmg without skeletons too, why?

Do i have to use just darkpact with spell totem alone or what. And i see that there is frenzy with GMP there i dont know how does it match up with darkpact?

Sorry for being lame and thanks for clear answers.

see this post as a base from last league, barely anything has changed early game, only endgame stuff has changed due to shaped/elder items.

Vid of general map clear from last league should explain when to use totems vs witherskele, short answer: witherskele boosts dps when needed.
Last edited by Lysithea on Dec 17, 2017, 11:25:01 AM
On lvl 92 now in AHC. Got easymode Chimera down after 15min fight with 5link Carcass Jack. Has been struggling with the damage since not been able to 6link my Carcassa Jack.

Bought decent regular 6link and I think boss dps is better now but I really HATE tiny aoe, especially can't run concentrated effect on maps. Another problem in late red maps are survival of the totems. Unfortunately there are no totem modifying jewels on abyss gems :/

I don't know if the boots are BiS lacking stats but they give +40% dmg. Next step is to get rid of Phase Run and get blind into Orb of Storms if not replace whole setup with wither.

MVP has been Vaal Summon Skeletons. It's insanely good on abysses overwhelming them. Don't know what to do with Despair yet since it has been single gem that drift here and there and can't find good home for it.

If I get rid of Orb of Storms setup I might be able to run wither. Not sure how much more damage that would be. Running Culling strike and item rarity might not be worth it if getting like +40% damage etc
Last edited by Possu81 on Dec 17, 2017, 11:45:17 AM
"
Possu81 wrote:
On lvl 92 now in AHC. Got easymode Chimera down after 15min fight with 5link Carcass Jack. Has been struggling with the damage since not been able to 6link my Carcassa Jack.

Bought decent regular 6link and I think boss dps is better now but I really HATE tiny aoe, especially can't run concentrated effect on maps. Another problem in late red maps are survival of the totems. Unfortunately there are no totem modifying jewels on abyss gems :/

You're missing a HUGE part to totem survivability and boss dps by not using witherskele, absolutely core in the build. The aoe issues you have is also solved by witherskele since I'm guessing you have trouble with the dmg hitting mobs moving around. You continuously summon skeles ontop of the bosses running around which makes your totem always shot at them from range.

If you still have issues with totems dieing after getting witherskele make sure you get your totems rescapped if it's elemental you got issues with, base res of totems is 40 so you need 35 somewhere from tree/jewels. You'll most likely pick up 2nodes and a stat on a normal jewel.

edit:
quick dirty vid to show the MASSIVE difference you're missing out on, without despair.
Just totems 0:20
With witherskele 2:15

Give it a bit to process if it looks like crap.
Last edited by Lysithea on Dec 17, 2017, 12:25:40 PM
Ok, I hate to ask such a noob question but where do I get the other 2 totems? So far I have the start one and one other from Ancestral Bond. I cant find any others on the tree and none of the gear in the build show + to totems.

THANKS!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info