[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

Really enjoying the build as well. Currently pondering between 6L carcass jack vs 5L Soul Mantle. Since I don't have the curse immunity potions, probably gonna be carcass jack.

"
Heracleitus wrote:

Decoy Totem->Inc. Duration->Vaal Skeleton->Vaal Haste
Immortal Call->Inc. Duration->CwDT->Enfeeble
Lightning Warp->Faster Casting->Less Duration
Wither->Arcane Surge->Faster Casting
CwDT->Stone Golem->???Molten Shell???

Since CWDT can't activate vaal skills, you might want to move one of them to one of the weapons and put increased aoe/totem resists back in the helm for decoy.
"
matt813 wrote:
Crushing all maps with this equip at level 82 in SC:

Just Ascended.
Tomorrow i'll try Guardians.

Wondering about drop "Attack Speed" on "Frenzy"-"GMP" and use that green socket for a "Vaal Haste" or maybe a "Vaal Grace"

Oh, the wither CwC setup is actually interesting. I will try if wither CwC summon skelly will help in single target DPS and distracting the boss.

Edit: Did some test on T13-15 maps and guardians, felt quite good with the CwC summon setup. Bosses felt a lot smoother and those without massive AoE were completely distracted by skellies.
Last edited by lostcoaster on Sep 2, 2017, 12:23:38 PM
"
Dashgibin wrote:
Really enjoying the build as well. Currently pondering between 6L carcass jack vs 5L Soul Mantle. Since I don't have the curse immunity potions, probably gonna be carcass jack.

"
Heracleitus wrote:

Decoy Totem->Inc. Duration->Vaal Skeleton->Vaal Haste
Immortal Call->Inc. Duration->CwDT->Enfeeble
Lightning Warp->Faster Casting->Less Duration
Wither->Arcane Surge->Faster Casting
CwDT->Stone Golem->???Molten Shell???

Since CWDT can't activate vaal skills, you might want to move one of them to one of the weapons and put increased aoe/totem resists back in the helm for decoy.

With nodes we're already taking, totems are only 9% off the cap anyway, which can easily be addressed by a jewel (which will also give the bonus to our DP totems), but keeping a totem resist gem around could be beneficial for EE or lowered resist maps I suppose.

I've been running Lightning Warp->Faster Casting->Less Duration->Swift Affliction and I like it better than Flame Dash, but spending a 4-link on movement seems like a luxury when you could easily just add Flame Dash in a 4-link with Wither, get Arcane Surge on both channeling and movement and have another 3-link to use as you please. On the flipside, using Lightning Warp more or less obviates the need for a Devoto's, so that's a consideration, I suppose.

"
whiskeyjoel wrote:
I splurged and found some decent 3-dps jewels on poe.trade like you suggested, and have taken the two jewel slots by the Scion starting area (extra life regen, and resists), and the jewel slot between Scion and Duelist. Solid increase. I have also redone my tree to spec out of Iron Wood, and I've taken Dark Arts instead. The increase is quite noticeable, at least according to the tooltip DPS. I've left the one Eldritch Knowledge in the Witch area, because pathing to Dark Arts gives me +35% SD. I may swap it out later if I find an amazing 3-dps jewel, but for now it's fine. With the tree changes, and the addition of the jewels, I've increased my tooltip dps by about 8k. Good suggestions :P

With the extra points I've saved from specing out of Iron Wood, I've filled out some more of the Scion life nodes, and plan to fill it the rest of the way out. Future points, maybe the spell damage nodes in Templar, and Combat Stamina for extra life regen.

As far as using Repentance goes...I thought about it, but the Strength and Int requirements are quite prohibitive. The Iron Will from Repentance also only gives you the Str bonus to spells, whereas the Iron Will gem does that, as well as giving a flat spell damage increase. My Iron Will gem is currently Q20 lvl 15, and gives me a bonus of 38%, plus the bonus damage from strength. Seems to be worth keeping it.

Awesome! I haven't even taken Dark Arts yet (focused on the defensive nodes first), but it's my planned path from 91-98 (assuming I get that far).

PoB suggests Efficacy support is a 5% dps increase over Iron Will, which seems odd to me if you read the description on the two gems, so I bought an Iron Will and tested it out in-game as well (only as a 5-link because I didn't feel like recoloring my chest twice) and the in-game tooltip confirmed Efficacy is indeed better, but Iron Will isn't a bad choice.
"
Heracleitus wrote:
PoB suggests Efficacy support is a 5% dps increase over Iron Will, which seems odd to me if you read the description on the two gems, so I bought an Iron Will and tested it out in-game as well (only as a 5-link because I didn't feel like recoloring my chest twice) and the in-game tooltip confirmed Efficacy is indeed better, but Iron Will isn't a bad choice.

I think iron will gets better with more strength right? Try adding a few 30 nodes if you can or get a few rolls on your items for added strength. Dick around in the PoB maybe with those changes you can get it up higher.
"
IANF1 wrote:
"
Heracleitus wrote:

I think iron will gets better with more strength right? Try adding a few 30 nodes if you can or get a few rolls on your items for added strength. Dick around in the PoB maybe with those changes you can get it up higher.

I did (and may have mentioned it in another post). At 300, Iron Will is behind Efficacy, Less Duration, Added Lightning/Cold Damage and Faster Casting. Iron Will became the top choice at around 570 strength... and there are no 30 Str nodes on our direct path. Certainly achievable if you gear for it, but it doesn't seem like the optimal choice given how much you'd need.
got my second apeps today. tooltip dps is up to 9k some with the flame golem out. I'm contemplating whether i should swap to stone or not. The build is pretty safe and i already have a lot of regen so i don't really feel like i need it. I'm mostly just fucking around in maps, never done em before this character, never got far enough because i'm trash at this game sometimes. Shaper freaked me out by buffing a boss, didn't realize he could do that. He drops in freezes time and i'm like shit did i d/c am i dead? i died once to the game freezing but sound still playing please tell me i survive this, then he leaves and buffs the boss and i'm like mother fucker don't do that to me.

Most of what i don't have on the tree yet is little bits and pieces of mana/jewel nodes and the flask nodes by scion. I think i'm going to take the jewel right under scion instead of the one up by MoM so i can take those 16% resist nodes as well. I was not totally prepared for resistances to drop after kitava so i need them and in the end game it will mean less i have to itemize for and more room to get other stats like life mana regen and damage.
"
Heracleitus wrote:
"
IANF1 wrote:
"
Heracleitus wrote:

I did (and may have mentioned it in another post). At 300, Iron Will is behind Efficacy, Less Duration, Added Lightning/Cold Damage and Faster Casting. Iron Will became the top choice at around 570 strength... and there are no 30 Str nodes on our direct path. Certainly achievable if you gear for it, but it doesn't seem like the optimal choice given how much you'd need.

How is that even possible? At lvl 20, Efficacy increases spell damage by a mere 20%. A lvl 20 Iron Will increases spell damage by 38%, plus the bonus from strength. Seems like Iron Will should definitely be ahead.
Last edited by whiskeyjoel on Sep 3, 2017, 8:32:33 AM
Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried playing around with 2x Breath of the Council? Obviously the Apep's are much, much cheaper, but with Breath, you'd be getting 80-100% increased chaos damage, 10% increased AoE, and 40% increased "chaos skill effect duration", per Breath.
Last edited by whiskeyjoel on Sep 3, 2017, 9:00:12 AM
"
whiskeyjoel wrote:
Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried playing around with 2x Breath of the Council? Obviously the Apep's are much, much cheaper, but with Breath, you'd be getting 80-100% increased chaos damage, 10% increased AoE, and 40% increased "chaos skill effect duration", per Breath.

apep give flat chaos. its huuuuge
-Помню, как толпа крестьян убить меня хотела,
После инквизиторы калечили мне тело!
Все восстало против молодого некроманта,
Сделав меня мучеником моего таланта.
Last edited by 6aPMaJIeuKuH on Sep 3, 2017, 11:11:59 AM
Really loving this build! I 6 linked a Covenant and it has made things so much better. I definitely need some constructive criticism on my gear and skill tree though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info