[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

Re dual curse:

For the number of skill points required to get it, I personally don't feel it's worth it. As always, try it if you want to and let us know what you think if you do.

-O
"
Orion72 wrote:
Re dual curse:

For the number of skill points required to get it, I personally don't feel it's worth it. As always, try it if you want to and let us know what you think if you do.

-O

I did already :) Few pages back there was a discussion about it: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1942074/page/11

Felt good, but somehow I felt like I am missing some damage/life nodes instead.
I was thinking about the self-cast Wither too, but I just feel too lazy not to cast it lol
Unless some is rushing through the contents, I would just recommend to use 2 decoys:2DP totems setup as Orion72 has suggested.

This is my theoretical build skilltree for Lvl 90
https://pastebin.com/6RLG45Xt
slightly more DPS, less life. There might be someone who came up with the same setup already.
I am also using "The Broken Crown" for chaos res instead of Devoto's because I love to see Chaos res at 75%. I know there is no need for that, but just I love to do so.
Hi again!
I did my own approach on this build.
Did like some other guy here mentioned and grab more life on the tree.

http://poeurl.com/bvI6

Also i picked up a

so i can run a 6 link on a 5 link and in the end 7 link.
Beacuse of how the armor work i also got these 3 to keep the cruses at bay.

Since we kill everything so fast i have no problem keeping the flaskes up att 100%.
Atm i'm at lvl 87 with 6,1k hp, 1,7 k es and 3k mana.
Don't think it works so well for shaper or guardians since the fights are rly long or i guess it could work if you use portals but for maps it's rly nice.

Cheers!
Last edited by masive on Aug 28, 2017, 1:06:34 PM
"
Orion72 wrote:
Shaper down, image link: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/854976708544908746/9E3C38A1FF0FE812C0099EFA8E7170A5887F3DC0/

So, the bad news is that I died again in hc, because I was careless. Ordinary T12 with extra damage, got in a bad situation surrounded, didn't log, rip one more char.

But the good news is that when I tried Shaper in SC using the new variation, it worked like I had hoped. Devotos and dream fragments did their job in keeping me mobile and allowing me to get good vortex placements, the extra dps made keeping Zana alive easy, the self cast wither was phenomenal in bringing Shaper down in a reasonable amount of time, and 10.5k EHP was plenty to tank one shot of anything but the slam, which is all one should reasonably need anyway. I was not perfect-- 2 deaths in the third phase due to pilot error (first two phases were perfectly clean and not particularly difficult). But the new variant could -farm- Shaper in SC and the new variant can definitely do Shaper in hc with more practice.

My conclusion after the fight is that the skellies are not really necessary--fun, but an extra complication I would rather replace with a good CWDT setup. I would scrap these and bring immortal call back into the build. They might work with wither>CWC>summon skellies>inc dur, though it's not clear whether this would be better than wither>faster casting>inc dur--a topic left for testing.

(edit--further testing suggests that optimal set up may actually be wither>CWC>temp chains>inc dur skipping skellies entirely. Additional note--I may reroll to test ideas one more time. Having played with it some in SC now, my impression is that the impact of the self cast wither is so strong that I may be able to revert to a tankier version of the build while still burning down the top level content with significant speed. This would be ideal if it works and is what I plan to attempt next.)

Anyway, Shaper down--ambition fulfilled!

-O

Congrats on Shaper and sorry about the death.

Really enjoying the build. Loving Wither and tried skellies, but didn't really find it worth the effort (especially if it requires sacrificing Immortal Call). Messing around with PoB only, but I just can't find a way that the Repentence gloves are worth it. At 300 str, they are barely a 5% dps upgrade (and only 6.5% at 400) over a pair of fingerless gloves (which have a lot more utility, especially to make up for the inflexibility of Daresso's and Fragments) and require one to have Str on gear somewhere.

Not anywhere near as cheap, but I'm really liking using Covenant and Efficacy as the 6th gem (even if the Blood Magic does screw with ES regeneration).
What I also like is using arcane surge with wither, instead of inc. duration. I just hate flame dash.
Hello,

Thanks for the hc build its awesome and sorry for my bad english.

Just pointing in using a variation of the build and testing it in sc. Its basicaly the same build but with lots of crit and crit multi coming from jewels and a bunch of nodes. Problem is that nowdats getting crit rings and amus is pretty expensive but my dmg has been x3 easily and im on 5.5k hp and 2.5k Es.

For sf users i think is the way to go.

Never mind
Last edited by Gammon88 on Aug 28, 2017, 4:56:00 PM
"
masive wrote:
Hi again!
I did my own approach on this build.
Did like some other guy here mentioned and grab more life on the tree.

http://poeurl.com/bvI6

Also i picked up a

so i can run a 6 link on a 5 link and in the end 7 link.
Beacuse of how the armor work i also got these 3 to keep the cruses at bay.

Since we kill everything so fast i have no problem keeping the flaskes up att 100%.
Atm i'm at lvl 87 with 6,1k hp, 1,7 k es and 3k mana.
Don't think it works so well for shaper or guardians since the fights are rly long or i guess it could work if you use portals but for maps it's rly nice.

Cheers!

I do not think thisbody to good choise. to much controls need already (decoy>DP totem replays>wither>kite boss), so curse will be boring.
it good only with 2 kikazaru + selfflugelation gewel.

i choise this

some life,armor,eva, plus very good bonus to chaos dmg.
-Помню, как толпа крестьян убить меня хотела,
После инквизиторы калечили мне тело!
Все восстало против молодого некроманта,
Сделав меня мучеником моего таланта.
if you want to try dual curses but don't want to spend the skill points for it you could try to get a corrupted amulet of some sort.

Edit: or doedres damming
Last edited by IANF1 on Aug 28, 2017, 5:13:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info