[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

Thanks for sharing...i wanted to play a shockwave totem but didnt really got into it this league,but this thing remind me of it. same cats speed and the aoe is kinda same,and its new. So since my main die,im giving this a shot.

I have lot of currency to burn,so i curious, what kinf od armor would you aim for? any 6l what would it be?
Hey, I have two questions, if you don't mind!

1. Can you explain the reasoning behind the levels of cwdt, the curses, and the golem?

2. Why are there so many mediocre mana passives picked in the skill-tree, when MoM is 30 % of THE DMG taken, I mean, I'm never even close to getting OOM with this spec.

Also, lastly, what about climbing down to Unwavering Stance/Ironwood on the skill-tree, after taking constitution? There are some jewels + a lot of health there.

I would love if you can reply and share your thoughts on this.
Lovely build. Cheers!
Re CWDT/Curse/Golem lvls:

Really these are a matter of taste. Early on, I wanted to proc Enfeeble as often as possible, so I set the levels for CWDT and enfeeble relatively low. Later, once I had over 12k ehp, I wanted the enfeeble to be as powerful as possible and didn't mind it taking 3k damage to proc. You will find the level that suits you best.

Re Mana passives:

In this build, mana=life. Once you have ascended, 40% (not 30%) of all damage sustained goes to mana, with 60% going to life. For example, you take 1000 incoming damage of any kind. 600 comes off your life pool and 400 comes off your mana pool. So each point of mana counts equally toward your effective HP pool so long as your total mana is less than 2/3 of your life total. The closer you can maintain this ratio, the better off you are when playing in lab, because lab does not count your mana in scaling trap damage. This means that if your ratio were perfect and you had no ES, you have an automatic 40% lab trap damage mitigation from what a non-mom character with identical EHP based only on life would be taking. The mana pasives exist to help maintain the ideal mana/life ratio. Mana regen is useful in a similar way to life regen--it improves the overall durability of the build.

3. Unwavering stance/Ironwood:

The short answer is that I find these to be inefficient, and unwavering stance hasn't felt necessary since I started using the Brine King pantheon, which prevents chain stunning. If you compare a tree that tries to incorporate unwavering stance and/or ironwood, I believe you will find it to have both less EHP and less damage than the one we are currently working with. That said, always experiment!! I am imperfect (just ask Shaper) and if you find a better pathing, I would be delighted to hear about it.

-O

Re: Expensive Armour

If I had currency to burn and it was my choice of any 6L, I would probably select the Covenant for the sake of an almost 7-link without the soulmantle drawbacks. Second place is a solid flat life/Mana Carnal rare, which will be best defensively for our build. Honorable mentions to Carcass Jack, Cherrubim's Maleficence, +2 gems perfect skin of the loyal.

-O
Has anyone figured out if the damage from the Spell Totem Dark Pact is based on the Totem's life or the players life? From what I understood Righteous Fire was based on the totem and as such, you wanted to increase Totem life with jewels etc. Thanks.
Switched to
from Carcass, 2 K dps loss ( all res overcapped @ 192%). going to try Shaper after lvl up.
" You... managed to catch the fish i wanted? Congratulations! Let´s keep this a secret between the two of us, shall we? In the meantime, take this. It should be useful in the future." - Krillson, the 8th Master.
Grinding Gear & Gems
"
Destrad wrote:
Has anyone figured out if the damage from the Spell Totem Dark Pact is based on the Totem's life or the players life? From what I understood Righteous Fire was based on the totem and as such, you wanted to increase Totem life with jewels etc. Thanks.

Tested for swaping a jewel with +%totem life, no DPS increase
" You... managed to catch the fish i wanted? Congratulations! Let´s keep this a secret between the two of us, shall we? In the meantime, take this. It should be useful in the future." - Krillson, the 8th Master.
Grinding Gear & Gems
Last edited by typ3r on Aug 20, 2017, 8:38:07 PM
I've switched to a Devoto's Devotion helm, and that 20% MS feels sooo nice on this build, since for general clearing move speed is basically the limiting factor. The other stuff on it (Ev/Armor/Chaos res) can be handy too.
Re totem life scaling damage:

It does. Check through POB. Never trust tooltip for a totem build as there are numerous things that cause it to be even more inaccurate than usual.

That said, it doesn't very much, since only 6% of totem life goes to damage (as opposed to 40% with RF. Totem life is probably the least efficient damage scaling we have, since this build is designed to be constantly casting disposable totems.

Don't confuse inefficiency of scaling totem life with the necessity of capping totem rezzes for the high end content. That becomes necessary just to allow them an attack or three.

-O
Rolled a new toon with this build, after getting bored of my Frost Blades Ranger. This one is so much more fun and balanced!

Would be cool to hear more about what has been discussed earlier in the thread, regarding for example cursing options, frenzy setups, CWDT levels and so on.

What setups are you guys running around lvl 85-90? An Some more gear showcases would be awesome as well! =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info