[3.2] That Doomfletch Life | 3.1 VIDEO GUIDE UP! Tree/PoB | All Content | Reviews

This looks like a really awesome build, I respecced an old Lvl 96 ranger in Standard and equipped it with following gear with the balanced wise oak (took about 10 divines). I don't have any adequate steel rings atm, but I don't need resists on my gloves so hopefully can craft an awesome paid of gripped gloves at some stage. Same goes for my ammy but that seems pretty good for now.

Spoiler

Anyway I got straight into it and breezed thru Lvl 15 maps.

But then I tried a T16 Hydra map with a few mods (Temp chains unfortunately). While I managed to defeat the boss she did one-shot me three time. My life is around 6.5K atm. I had a basalt flask going to further reduce phys damage.

Is this just a matter of having to get more DPS to get the boss down quicker? Obviously need a bit of work on my damage...still need to get a +2 barrage abyssus for example. Or are there a few other tips I can use other than the ones that were in the guide.

"
zakariusqc wrote:
if i use ice shot, for a curse on hit setup, should i use assassin mark or frostbite? i feel like frostbite would be better but im afraid i might not have enought crit without assassin mark.

I personally would still recommend AM
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
Eninya wrote:
Huzzah! I managed this with only a single ring, but I had to Scour and reroll my boots for the minimum Cold resist to make this work. However, the ring in question has no life or physical, sporting only 34% WED. It should be easy to replace later, though. Also got Kaom's and switched to Pathfinder, but I haven't had tested it a lot. Currently leveling all of my 20Q gems.

Dying Sun is still into the distant future, so this build is largely complete.

I miss Raider's autopilot movement speed bonuses with Phasing, but Pathfinder seems much more reliable to keep unique flasks up.

Why the mana flask? Really need toh and dying Sun
"
Peachcakelolz wrote:
Looking for a better neck with multi/accuracy. Currently Wise Oak capped with these current items.

Some thicc league gear
Double post. Forums are broken today.
Last edited by Eninya on Aug 18, 2017, 6:00:27 AM
"
Ahfack wrote:
Why the mana flask? Really need toh and dying Sun

Mana Flask removes bleed. Haven't rolled a Diamond properly into that, and Taste of Hate is next up. Prices keep fluctuating wildly, so I haven't picked one up, yet.

Dying Sun is excruciatingly expensive, and I have nowhere near the damage to work up to Shaper myself. It will be a while before I get one. My unbuffed tooltip DPS for Tornado Shot is only 5405.
"
cdchi1 wrote:
This looks like a really awesome build, I respecced an old Lvl 96 ranger in Standard and equipped it with following gear with the balanced wise oak (took about 10 divines). I don't have any adequate steel rings atm, but I don't need resists on my gloves so hopefully can craft an awesome paid of gripped gloves at some stage. Same goes for my ammy but that seems pretty good for now.

Spoiler

Anyway I got straight into it and breezed thru Lvl 15 maps.

But then I tried a T16 Hydra map with a few mods (Temp chains unfortunately). While I managed to defeat the boss she did one-shot me three time. My life is around 6.5K atm. I had a basalt flask going to further reduce phys damage.

Is this just a matter of having to get more DPS to get the boss down quicker? Obviously need a bit of work on my damage...still need to get a +2 barrage abyssus for example. Or are there a few other tips I can use other than the ones that were in the guide.

Abyssus needs to be 40% get a non leg, they're super cheap. Rings both need replacing very badly which will shuffle your res around a bit but will be so worth it. You're standard so lots of options :)

And yes tc hydra is aids if you're not dealing high damage and comfortable with the build yet
Last edited by Ahfack on Aug 18, 2017, 5:46:44 AM
hey man, have u ever considered using skyforth and replace abyssus with a rare helm instead ? then replace crit strikes with chance to bleed.

able to run blasphemy proj weakness and 2 more auras. it also solves power charge generation issue and need not to worry about extra physical damage taken. Not sure how the skyforth stun works tho, stun based on life might be better than mana here, never owned one.

would like your thoughts on this
"
hyfred wrote:
hey man, have u ever considered using skyforth and replace abyssus with a rare helm instead ? then replace crit strikes with chance to bleed.

able to run blasphemy proj weakness and 2 more auras. it also solves power charge generation issue and need not to worry about extra physical damage taken. Not sure how the skyforth stun works tho, stun based on life might be better than mana here, never owned one.

would like your thoughts on this

Yes I thought about it and it's just not as good damage-wise. This might be a decent workaround for HC players instead of abyssus, but if they're not wearing abyssus then they definitely want life on every gear possible and running an extra smaller aura like HoA isn't worth the risk. HoA mainly awesome for clearing maps, which not even the least well equipped exiles have a problem with.
Last edited by Ahfack on Aug 18, 2017, 5:52:19 AM
Hey Loving the detail of this guide.

I have a sweet pair of ele-weakness on hit gloves (with 80 life and 70 res) that I feel I should use. With one curse out of the way, what links do you recommend in 4Ls? (gloves are GGGB).

Also Herald of ice with onslaught hmm?

Edit: I mean for mapping.
Last edited by AronIrulan on Aug 18, 2017, 6:32:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info