[3.2] That Doomfletch Life | 3.1 VIDEO GUIDE UP! Tree/PoB | All Content | Reviews

Starting the league late is rough. Stuck between getting fantastic Steel Rings, or saving up a couple more Exalts for a 6L. I'll probably go for a 6L Doomfletch's Prism, since having one means I can wear any chest I want, and a 4L is all that's needed for my clear skills anyway. (Still don't have ToH, Dying Sun, or Lioneye's Fall.)

"
P0IS0N wrote:
What about legacy Reach of the Council + Belly in this build?

You'd need a different build and link setup for Reach, since it's a physical bow by default. Doomfletch's Prism scales with the physical damage you add to your gear.

Something like a Lioneye's Glare or Chin Sol build will essentially be what you would want for Reach. (I don't know in regards to crit, though.)
Last edited by Eninya on Feb 7, 2018, 11:31:59 PM
"
Zitrusduft wrote:
Can anyone please tell me which passives to get first during leveling? The lowest linked tree here is for lvl 70 as far as I saw (sorry if I am wrong).

I'm relatively new to the game, but maybe can give you my input on leveling this build. (Currently I'm level 71)

First I went straight away to the node "Aspect of the Eagle" getting as much LIFE as possible (started with "Evasion and Life" node)
Then looked for Lethality and Primeval force notes. As I was lacking some life, I started filling the Duelist nodes, such as Thick Skin, Vaal Pact, Vitality Void, Golem's blood.

Then I moved back to the Ranger nodes to get Herbalism and Acrobatics. As I was lucky and found a good deal on a Lioneye's Fall Jewel, I then started to get the claw nodes and getting more damage.

Use as a base the Level 70 tree, and then is a matter of playing and finding what you are lacking. At least for me this was the best way to learn a bit more about this game and understand how to balance the leveling process.
Keep in mind that the gear that you have will also define if you need more DPS, life ...
I currently have troubles with bosses that spread contagion on death, I think.
I watch often that my health is drained in a second after bosses death, and my Poison, Burning and Bleeding flasks are up.
So this must be some Chaos dmg. How do you guys deal with it? when there is nothing to leech from?
Guys now I am going to buy Watcher's Eye than to self craft Steel Rings. I don't want to perfect ones, I will have not 100500 exalts. Only around 10-15 for each ring. How to better craft Steel Rings? Really need good advice) Thanks!
Another stupid build with all standard equip and with old poe building screens all 21 20 gems and godly equip, something that league players will never reach for 2 reason 1 NERFS 2 NERFS

Ye i almost forgot to say this is a 2.6 guide not 3.1
Last edited by zaraki199 on Feb 10, 2018, 2:14:00 PM
"
zaraki199 wrote:
Another stupid build with all standard equip and with old poe building screens all 21 20 gems and godly equip, something that league players will never reach for 2 reason 1 NERFS 2 NERFS

You're right. My 5.767M shaper Damage screenshots are old :(

Now my damage is 8.371M+ with watchers eye, and 1.5% crit elder chest. And that's without mirage archer calculated.

Yes doomfletch got nerfed in league, but now there's 16 flat phys on jewels with life/ias, 2 jewels inside a belt is now possible, 1.8% global crit from jewel, 1.5% global crit from a chest, 2 jewels in a lightpoacher as a tanker/mapping option for leveling with still great damage, and elder extra chaos ammys that beat out legacy 70%legacy multi ammys.

Lots of options, more than ever, especially in league.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
Ahfack wrote:
"
zaraki199 wrote:

Now my damage is 8.371M+ with watchers eye, and 1.5% crit elder chest. And that's without mirage archer calculated.

Yes doomfletch got nerfed in league, but now there's 16 flat phys on jewels with life/ias, 2 jewels inside a belt is now possible, 1.8% global crit from jewel, 1.5% global crit from a chest, 2 jewels in a lightpoacher as a tanker/mapping option for leveling with still great damage, and elder extra chaos ammys that beat out legacy 70%legacy multi ammys.

Where does the main source of our damage come from? Been trying to figure this out, I'm about to hit level 80 and have 2 steel rings with double phys mods. Just wondering there people are going from this low damage to extremely high.
"
kinoshi wrote:
"
Ahfack wrote:
"
zaraki199 wrote:

Where does the main source of our damage come from? Been trying to figure this out, I'm about to hit level 80 and have 2 steel rings with double phys mods. Just wondering there people are going from this low damage to extremely high.

Following the guide carefully. T1-2 Flat phys on everything. Balancing wise oak. Proj weakness for bosses. Abyssus with barrage for max dmg or lightpoacher with 2 double flat phys jewels. Hatred crit watchers eye. Proj dmg. Accuracy. Multi. Good jewels. So and so forth.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Feb 10, 2018, 10:22:20 PM
Can confirm, that this build are strongly good. But not sure it good for HC. I start league 3 weeks ago with this build, my DMG was ugly, I asked myself: haw he makes that dps? I read this guide maybe 10-15 times to understand how to scale DPS. All comes from little thinks.

First off all is FLAT PHYS DPS on everything. Then element dmg with skills. Then flasks: balancing Wise Oak gives HUGE DPS, HUGE. Every detail, every upgrade will scale your dps. Also Drillneck with +1 Arrow is must've. Now I have 1.5m DPS with Shaper and defeated it 3 times for easy. And I have ugly rings and necklace.

If Blink Arrow was 1-1.5 sec cooldown it will be awesome build!)

@Ahfack how should I craft Steel Rings if I have ~10ex for each? I just boosted everything else)))
Last edited by TheAnderson on Feb 11, 2018, 6:07:25 AM
Excellent detailed guide, I've had a read and have a few questions.

With regards to balancing resists, I can see that you are quite under cap on your fire and cold. For people that don't have GG gear to burst bosses in a few seconds and run out of flask charges it can be very dangerous and leave you open to being one shotted, especially on bosses that don't spawn many adds.

Also, has anyone considered using 2 socket Tombfist or 2 socket Bubonic Trail for this build? It would result in having to make up for resistances with other parts of gear but it may be worth it given the amount of damage that good abyss jewels can grant. I'll have a play around with your PoB link later and see if I can come up with anything.

Build looks great though, if it doesn't get nerfed too hard I'll probably play it next league!
IGN: _FuRi

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info