[3.2] That Doomfletch Life | 3.1 VIDEO GUIDE UP! Tree/PoB | All Content | Reviews

Hello,

This build has been fantastic up to Guardians, however I seem to of hit a wall at guardians at this point...my gear is solid-oak is balanced and I have all the right pieces. Is the wall him hitting on ez guardian maps due to lack of 6L at this point?

Ps...one bow I dropped 5l and dumped 250 fusings for 6l into it w/o luck so that's why it is not 5linked currently

gear is as follows

"
Ddler wrote:
Hello,

This build has been fantastic up to Guardians, however I seem to of hit a wall at guardians at this point...my gear is solid-oak is balanced and I have all the right pieces. Is the wall him hitting on ez guardian maps due to lack of 6L at this point?

Ps...one bow I dropped 5l and dumped 250 fusings for 6l into it w/o luck so that's why it is not 5linked currently

gear is as follows

I don't know..gear looks guardian-viable to me..
Whats the main problem? Oneshots? You can skip hatred for artic armour + something else then. You may want to test a life flask + vaal grace vs Chimera or to run purity of elements vs phoenix (if you're at smth like 0-0-60pre flasks.)

Last edited by juerk on Aug 30, 2017, 7:55:27 PM
I need more suggestion about guardians, use abyssus or no? What other helmet could I use to replace it? I fail 20 % of t16 I do since sometimes I just take one shots with oi me 6.4klife andi have all flask required
CULO POWA
"
"
Eninya wrote:
For mapping, I recommend Lightning Arrow over Tornado Shot in The Tempest's Binding, as it's simply more reliable and effective than TS. If you manage to get a +2 Tornado Shot enchant, you could switch over and drop GMP for LMP. If you run Dying Sun regardless, you could drop GMP/LMP entirely to run another powerful gem. I don't know how far TS scales with extra projectiles.

I didn't realize my chars were hidden, so you can take a look at my gear now.

Lightning Arrow 4L setup?

Yes. I run it with GMP, Chance to Bleed, and Elemental Damage with Attacks.
"
Ajaxcandy wrote:
"
darkspawnbr10 wrote:

I get it, tyvm. On these 2 bows, which one is better?

Lioneye's glare 4L can be purchased for 1 alch, death's opus around 10 chaos. Just start wtih Lioneye's glare and work your way up from there :)

Just got a doomfletch prism from a friend, with 4L+2L, what should i run to now?
"
jeffarese wrote:
I lack good rings & ammy, but I have troubles changing pieces of gear because I lose the Wise Oak balance :S

Any advice on how to proceed to improve my gear? which piece to buy? how do you guys deal with balancing Wise oak when upgrading?

My jewells have like +11%/+11% fire-lightning, or +11%/+11% fire & cold... so that's the balance I have.

I tried to do Minotaur and he wrecked me :S I have 6,1k hp

Steel Rings and better jewels. I went for 7% life + 1 damage stat, as well as using 1-2 jewels for resistance balancing and/or getting stats I needed to wear gear. If Guardians are one-shotting you, try The Tempest's Binding helm. Deidbellow can also work for physical damage, but beware of the Cannot Leech while Low Life mod it comes with.

"
auea1 wrote:
I need more suggestion about guardians, use abyssus or no? What other helmet could I use to replace it? I fail 20 % of t16 I do since sometimes I just take one shots with oi me 6.4klife andi have all flask required

I don't recommend Abyssus on the Guardians unless you have enough damage to obliterate them. Most of them can one-shot me if flasks go down and I have 6900 life. For better survival, I use The Tempest's Binding and run Arctic Armour at a minimum. I also swap Hatred for Grace if I'm worried about dying. They're mostly about dodging mechanics, except for Phoenix, as he's just a One-Shot Rodeo and requires a lot of moving to avoid being stunned by the adds into one of his instant-kill attacks.

Wanted to share my roadrunner mapping setup that I'm currently using in harbinger league. I really love the guide but feel that you just don't need all of the damage that this build has to offer for farming everything up to T16 maps. For guardians/shaper/uber atziri it's definitely best to go for the abyssus/kaom's setup, but when you're trying to farm currency in maps as fast as possible there are a few changes you can make to boost your efficiency and maximize returns.

A few key items that differ in this build compared to the bossing setup:
1. Queen of the forest- the first 6L chest you should buy if you want to maximize efficiency and returns, it will increase your clearspeed in maps drastically as you zip around the map. Once you have yourself a QoTF, it's time to buy a flask of reflexes to boost your movespeed even further. No wiseoak is definitely a hit to damage, but you will still be 1 shotting rares in lower tier maps without it anyway.
2. Bisco's amulet- a really broken item that should not be in the game- for currency farming this is a must have. Rarity of items line doesn't matter that much- divine for high increased quantity of items.
3. +2 tornado shot projectile helm- I recommend rat's nest or starkonja's for the extra move speed and extra evasion rating to further boost your QoTF movespeed. +2 barrage isn't needed because killing bosses takes a fraction of the time it takes to clear the map itself.

Still tinkering with gems to figure out what I like most- not using vaal haste at the moment because I don't feel like I really need it. Grace is great for more evasion rating/ move speed via queen and layering our defense as we're a little squishier than with kaoms.
Last edited by mcnealstash on Aug 30, 2017, 10:59:55 PM
"
mcnealstash wrote:

Wanted to share my roadrunner mapping setup that I'm currently using in harbinger league. I really love the guide but feel that you just don't need all of the damage that this build has to offer for farming everything up to T16 maps. For guardians/shaper/uber atziri it's definitely best to go for the abyssus/kaom's setup, but when you're trying to farm currency in maps as fast as possible there are a few changes you can make to boost your efficiency and maximize returns.

A few key items that differ in this build compared to the bossing setup:
1. Queen of the forest- the first 6L chest you should buy if you want to maximize efficiency and returns, it will increase your clearspeed in maps drastically as you zip around the map. Once you have yourself a QoTF, it's time to buy a flask of reflexes to boost your movespeed even further. No wiseoak is definitely a hit to damage, but you will still be 1 shotting rares in lower tier maps without it anyway.
2. Bisco's amulet- a really broken item that should not be in the game- for currency farming this is a must have. Rarity of items line doesn't matter that much- divine for high increased quantity of items.
3. +2 tornado shot projectile helm- I recommend rat's nest or starkonja's for the extra move speed and extra evasion rating to further boost your QoTF movespeed. +2 barrage isn't needed because killing bosses takes a fraction of the time it takes to clear the map itself.

Still tinkering with gems to figure out what I like most- not using vaal haste at the moment because I don't feel like I really need it. Grace is great for more evasion rating/ move speed via queen and layering our defense as we're a little squishier than with kaoms.

Very cool setup. Tell me about your curse on hit setup as i have not seen onslaught support added to the chain. How does onslaught benefit with HoI / Curse on Hit / Assassin's Mark?
"
Eninya wrote:
"
jeffarese wrote:
I lack good rings & ammy, but I have troubles changing pieces of gear because I lose the Wise Oak balance :S

Any advice on how to proceed to improve my gear? which piece to buy? how do you guys deal with balancing Wise oak when upgrading?

My jewells have like +11%/+11% fire-lightning, or +11%/+11% fire & cold... so that's the balance I have.

I tried to do Minotaur and he wrecked me :S I have 6,1k hp

Steel Rings and better jewels. I went for 7% life + 1 damage stat, as well as using 1-2 jewels for resistance balancing and/or getting stats I needed to wear gear. If Guardians are one-shotting you, try The Tempest's Binding helm. Deidbellow can also work for physical damage, but beware of the Cannot Leech while Low Life mod it comes with.

The thing is that I don't know exactly how to upgrade, since I lose balance of Wise Oak... I have to upgrade multiple items at once :S. Also, I check in Path of Buildings with good Steel rings and they only give me like +5-7k dps in Barrage.
"
Bukkake wrote:
Very cool setup. Tell me about your curse on hit setup as i have not seen onslaught support added to the chain. How does onslaught benefit with HoI / Curse on Hit / Assassin's Mark?

Used mcneal's set up and tried out Onslaught, doesn't seem to proc too reliably as HoI damage is too low. Swapped out Rat's nest for devoto's to go even faster. I can finally ditch my QoTF/Frostblades raider!

Really fun, would recommend!

"
jeffarese wrote:
The thing is that I don't know exactly how to upgrade, since I lose balance of Wise Oak... I have to upgrade multiple items at once :S. Also, I check in Path of Buildings with good Steel rings and they only give me like +5-7k dps in Barrage.

It's still worth upgrading to Steel Rings in the long run. The added phys is almost double over other ring types. Could it be due to the steel rings not having accuracy like your current rings?

Your jewels could use some replacing, crit multi seems to be the best stat (In the process of replacing my jewels as well.

Regarding Wise Oak balancing: Gotta do it the hard way. Fire up Excel and figure it out slowly. Use jewels and Elreon to plug any holes. Be prepared to drop Divines on your gear to get the resists right (I had to use like 10 on my boots ;_; )
Last edited by excaian on Aug 31, 2017, 4:31:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info