[3.2] That Doomfletch Life | 3.1 VIDEO GUIDE UP! Tree/PoB | All Content | Reviews

"
Glynny wrote:
"
auea1 wrote:
I have problems doing guardians, like chimera(biggest pain in the ass, smoke phase and minions) ,

hydra sometimes I facetank her attacks, sometimes randomly one shots,

for minotaur problem is sustain flasks since I can't facetank him and I have to run a lot.

And the funny thing is that I have no problems for shaper, did 3 runs all good.

I don't know failed 3 guardians today and other killed but with very hard skill.

I also feel my barrage isn't enough powerful, I accept any suggestion

IGN:CULO

You're lacking damage because you're missing damage. #-# Physical Damage. Compare your gear to mine or OP's. Your bow is a 6 link which is nice but you should divine the #-# damage up. The entire build scales so well on WED & Physical damage.
I don't think divining the bow will solve my problems, the flat of the bow isn' so much difference
CULO POWA
Last edited by auea1 on Aug 30, 2017, 11:27:40 AM
Thoughts of using Atziri's Acuity?
Nice build!
What are the links to Lightning Arrow/Ice Shot?
better belt?
"
rel4us wrote:
hey guys,

I made a cool setup for this build:

https://pastebin.com/wdGvgKUE

very very very high DPS and defences,

the main point is the chest (and I use culling not maim for the HH, with good belt + maim, it will get to 5M)

Nice! Will add to reviews section - I love seeing different variations. Great job!
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
OneUnited wrote:
Thoughts of using Atziri's Acuity?

no
"
xReaperrx wrote:
"
rel4us wrote:
hey guys,

I made a cool setup for this build:

https://pastebin.com/wdGvgKUE

very very very high DPS and defences,

the main point is the chest (and I use culling not maim for the HH, with good belt + maim, it will get to 5M)

he said chance to bleed might be better at 21/20 , lets see what Ahfack says if he has tested it in game.

It all depends on the setup you have. On my setup with the gear listed above, chance to bleed is not better than slower proj. Same with inc crit on clearing skill. Once you have great flat phys, like I have perf flat phys on all gear, you want to scale in other ways. Chance to bleed might be worth using for some that don't have steel ring yet or choose not to wear abyssus, but I don't have time to go through everyone's setup and decide that for them. That's part of playing the game and they must make that call :)
If I prefer Lightning Arrow over Tornado shot, in which order of importance would the 5 support gems go into it and are there any other adjustments I would have to make? Would Chain be preferrable to some other support?

I'm just not a big fan of TS.
Last edited by zankioh on Aug 30, 2017, 4:08:58 PM
I attempted The Shaper twice last night, both times making it to phase 3. Unfortunately, the fight seems really buggy, so I ate random deaths to... nothing. I just zoned in and died a couple times while he was on the other side of the arena. In the second round, I got off-screen one shotted 3 times by The Uncreated (phase 2-3 transition), which was shitty. I'll switch to Lockstep the next time I go.

I'm up to about 1.39m DPS with Barrage during flasks (picked up Dying Sun for boss kills and was using Abyssus without any mods). After much deliberation, I've decided I'll buy a 30% Projectile Weakness effect Abyssus, as it appears to be more powerful than a +1 Barrage, and any other damage variants from Uber Lab, except +2 Barrage. Abyssus is only for single target anyway, and too dangerous to wear farming Guardians or anything that deals a lot of physical.

The drawback to Abyssus is general mapping. Lightning Arrow is weak without The Tempest Binding's additional effects, but I'm not about to 6L another Doomfletch and buy a second corrupted Drillneck. I see a lot of people facing the same lack of survival with Abyssus that I do, and I honestly recommend banking it outside of certain boss kills. Particularly, the only thing I can see uses for it is killing The Shaper, and possibly Uber Atziri (haven't been back since about 15 gear upgrades because it's expensive to run). Unless you have enough damage to just obliterate bosses before you face damage mechanics, you can easily die with it.

I've managed all four Guardians deathless with The Tempest's Binding and running Arctic Armour, Hatred (more DPS than HoI/HoL 23/20), and Enfeeble to manually curse. I also used Decoy Totem (godly for anything dangerous), Ice Golem and Mirrow Arrow linked with Blind. This all works well due to my low evasion and limited dodge from points. Alternatively, you can use Tornado Shot in your 6L and run a CWDT setup.

So my recommendation is my setup just above, and keep Abyssus for boss killing and when you're not leveling. It's a massive piece of damage, but it also makes you far, far too squishy. Dying Sun also really only serves the purpose of specific boss killing. For mapping, I recommend Lightning Arrow over Tornado Shot in The Tempest's Binding, as it's simply more reliable and effective than TS. If you manage to get a +2 Tornado Shot enchant, you could switch over and drop GMP for LMP. If you run Dying Sun regardless, you could drop GMP/LMP entirely to run another powerful gem. I don't know how far TS scales with extra projectiles.

Another bonus to The Tempest's Binding is that it's life + all res, so you don't need to rearrange resists at any point. It doesn't provide stats, so if you built around Abyssus your best option is swapping in some jewels when running it.

Also for mapping, don't be afraid to slot in Sibyl's Lament vs. Reflect. That ring and Soul of Yugul make you virtually immune. You could roll Scion with Elementalist, but I don't think it's necessary. I can run Reflect maps with just Yugul, but it's a little scary, and finding an Ele Reflect mob can be extremely dangerous. Barrage would kill me, so I'm forced to use Lightning Arrow and kiting in those situations. You can also deal with Temporal Chains using Timeclasp. It's honestly worth it if you can keep your stats up, even if it disrupts Wise Oak's resistance balancing. Maps just fall over to me, so min/maxing is aimed at endgame bossing.

I didn't realize my chars were hidden, so you can take a look at my gear now.
Last edited by Eninya on Aug 30, 2017, 1:47:10 PM
"
Eninya wrote:

So my recommendation is my setup just above, and keep Abyssus for boss killing and when you're not leveling. It's a massive piece of damage, but it also makes you far, far too squishy. Dying Sun also really only serves the purpose of specific boss killing. For mapping, I recommend Lightning Arrow over Tornado Shot in The Tempest's Binding, as it's simply more reliable and effective than TS.

really good post! People having issues with survival earlier in this thread need to ditch the abyssus while mapping. It is only useful for boss killing, Tempest binding with 4l lightning arrow setup seems way better/faster for mapping than TS to me (plus its looks/feels better imop).
IGN: Kill_All_Sparrows

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info