Frequent and consistent lag spikes

Ever since release of 3.1, me and my friend will always have 100-300ms spikes for 1-2 hours, every single day.

We're from Singapore and connect to SG Realm. Hope theres a fix for it soon.
This has been constant problem, can track it back to 2.6 and it's just becoming more apparent in latest patches. Here's a screenshot from normally working zone without insane ping spikes.

https://imgur.com/17AHjeg

Now, let's have a look of spiking zone.

https://imgur.com/DW5pjY8

AS A NOTE! Only thing I did, was went to that Flooded Depths zone, and came back. This is the same zone as in the first image.

And yes, I've checked with my ISP (Good thing they have people who love POE too! They checked ALL SERVERS from their end, and every single one of them had the issue of sometimes getting these insane packet losses and ping spikes. Love my ISP for working extra hard!)

The problem isn't creating the issue, it's that you can't in reliable way get rid off it. It can wary from changing the zone back and forth, re-creating another one, wait and try enter again, go back to town and come back from the SAME PORTAL you just opened, changing gateway, switch connections, the list goes on and on.

I have a feeling the request package sent to the server goes into 'bad' connection and is related to the server having some kind of problem. On the example you can check from the images at the start, I could create multiple zones and they all ended up with the same ping spikes.

Why I think so? Well, this same situation can happen ON ANY of the servers, no matter which one you pick to connect into. Also, the similar problem has appeared on other games I've played in past and present, and has been reported on those too. (Just to name few, TERA and RuneScape.)

There has to be something wrong handling the requests sent to the server, or the servers itself are getting too much stuff to handle, or there's an serious issue related into handling connections on multiple servers no matter where they're located.

Would be nice if someone with more technical skills and knowledge looks into the problem.

_Skittles_
Same here, every single day, SG server is literally unplayable.

This is serious problem GGG, please fix it..

Game was nice, expansion is amazing, but a tiny server issue could ruin all your hard work.

Heads up guys!
This has been going on so long, i feel like there is a conscious decision made to ignore it.

I did everything one can do to remedy the issue (which im not going into, cause it will trigger me)

I CANNONT play on ANY US servers anymore with out horrible game-breaking lag stutters. I can actually play on ANY foreign server without issue, just not good ping.

I also have spents $100s of dollars on MTX which has now all gone to waste, because of being unable to play.

Just plz acknowledge this GGG, it is one of the TOP technical posts on the forums with over 30 pages of posts, how do you not see this?!?!
SG realm here as well, i have no problem when i use predictive mode, no lag or fps drops, but i just don't like the desync every now and then.
if i switch to lockstep, i have 5ms ping at hideout and the moment i hit a mob it goes spiking everywhere and fps drops from 140 to 20
Last edited by mklcruz on Dec 19, 2017, 10:44:54 AM
All EU servers have this problem what I've tested. Constant skyscrapers. Feels like I'm killing big pack of bloodline charge packs.

I've tried closing programs and restarting pc etc.
Last edited by KawaiiLoli on Dec 19, 2017, 11:51:04 AM
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| dsl-hkibng32-54fb40-3.dhcp.inet.fi - 0 | 620 | 620 | 0 | 2 | 635 | 0 |
| No response from host - 100 | 125 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| hls-b1-link.telia.net - 0 | 620 | 620 | 0 | 1 | 35 | 2 |
| sap-b3-link.telia.net - 0 | 620 | 620 | 7 | 7 | 31 | 7 |
| mow-b3-link.telia.net - 1 | 613 | 611 | 18 | 20 | 91 | 18 |
| mow-b4-link.telia.net - 0 | 620 | 620 | 16 | 20 | 80 | 37 |
| colocat.inet2.net - 10 | 453 | 411 | 17 | 19 | 77 | 17 |
| d0174.colocat.ru - 0 | 620 | 620 | 17 | 17 | 30 | 17 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

so how bad is it? what to do?
tried amsterdam server and lag was even more horrible

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| dsl-hkibng32-54fb40-3.dhcp.inet.fi - 2 | 83 | 82 | 0 | 220 | 3998 | 0 |
| 141.208.25.6 - 91 | 21 | 2 | 1 | 7 | 13 | 1 |
| hls-b1-link.telia.net - 0 | 95 | 95 | 0 | 1 | 13 | 0 |
| s-bb3-link.telia.net - 3 | 88 | 86 | 8 | 8 | 21 | 8 |
| s-b10-link.telia.net - 2 | 92 | 91 | 8 | 8 | 19 | 8 |
| softlayer-ic-319214-s-b10.c.telia.net - 0 | 95 | 95 | 8 | 9 | 22 | 8 |
| b2.11.6132.ip4.static.sl-reverse.com - 9 | 72 | 66 | 9 | 9 | 15 | 10 |
| bd.11.6132.ip4.static.sl-reverse.com - 0 | 95 | 95 | 26 | 26 | 43 | 26 |
| ae6.dar01.sr01.ams01.networklayer.com - 0 | 95 | 95 | 26 | 27 | 53 | 26 |
| po1.fcr01.sr01.ams01.networklayer.com - 0 | 95 | 95 | 26 | 35 | 273 | 26 |
| f0.4a.3a25.ip4.static.sl-reverse.com - 0 | 95 | 95 | 26 | 26 | 39 | 26 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider
Called my ISP again to try ask for tech specific stuff regarding the server connections and how they're handled, but they can't really tell since they don't own the servers.

For now, I have firm believe that only GGG and the ones in charge of handling their servers and the connections on them can try fix this issue. It might be that GGG isn't even in charge of what the servers are doing (As in, being physically capable of checking them and it's more of automated process on their part when it comes looking the data). Could also be related to the server hardware or updates being the real issue behind all of this, but we don't know until GGG themselves reply to us.

Sent mail to their techsupport, so at least they should be aware of this is happening, and I feel they already knew this.

_Skittles_
Same issue ill be running about maps and even in my hide out i have to recast my minions and stuff 3 times to get it to go through.. as well as lag spikes going up to 2500ms rubberbanding all over i have died several times lost currency because lag and and maps have been lost even if im doing fine i cant stay in the game for even 10 minutes and i lose a dang portal going back in every time. I have every thing on the lowest settings i know its not my pc because i have ran more extensive games than this with ease on every bit of Ultra High settings and none of my other games kill me with lag GG GGG nice way to let down your supporters and ruin a great game for many

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info