Constant disconnects when loading zones

None of the fixes work for me. Already on DX9.

This is what happens:

1. Login, go to character screen, click Play.
2. "An unexpected disconnect occured" in the bottom left corner.
3. Login, go to character screen, click Play, I`m in the game now.
4. Waypoint to any instance in the game, "An unexpected disconnect occured"
5. Login, go to character screen, click Play, I`m in the game now and can play without DC`s,
only on rare occasions I get DC, which I dont think is related to my first problem.

Sorry for the whining and spamming...
IGN: VodeniZec
For whatever it's work I cannot complete the merciless lab. Too many instances. I am not complaining because I'm dying, I haven't so far. It is just that I cannot complete the lab because it crashes before I reach the final fight.

Today I fought him three times. Won the first two times but the game crashed before I finished. I am getting sick and tired of doing this over and over.
"
vodeni wrote:

This is what happens:

5. Login, go to character screen, click Play, I`m in the game now and can play without DC`s,
only on rare occasions I get DC, which I dont think is related to my first problem.

i didnt adress people with different problems, its just a common problem in threads like this, 100 posts with "i have the same problem" and its easy to overlook the one post with the solution...would be nice if useful answers could be highlighted somehow so others find them easier...

to your problem:
tried playing around with preload options? or lower graphics settings? or simply waiting a bit after joining the game?

the problem could be that you start the game in a city, and cities are a problem because of all those people with all their fancy shiny blinky effects...cities are the laggiest zones in the game...and you are about to enter such a zone, while your pc is still laoding the game...so it gets punished from two sides...doesnt take much lag for the server to recognize your pc as desyncronized and kicking you back to login screen...the zoneing out of the city is also critical, because most people want to get away there asap, but again your pc is basically busy with still loading the game files and calculating all those graphics nonsense, and now you want to switch to your hideout or something and that again could be too much...

also the decoration of your hideout could play into this, some people have their HOs so overloaded with crap and fancy effects like those glowing fireflies or swirling leaves or other things that are all over the place and create massive lag that its really no surprise if disconnects happen there...

playing on a rather weak system myself and when i join the game, load the city, lag to the waypoint, load my hideout, lag to my stash, it still takes like a minute or so from there til the game is fully loaded and all items and stuff in my inventory and stash properly show and the lag is gone...maybe go a bit easy with your system so not to overburden it...
Things I tried unsuccessfully:

Changing in-game video settings (engine multithreading, DX9/11, post-processing etc etc), changing predictive/lockstep. Deleting shader cache. Installing stand-alone client and playing through that. Verifying local game files, updating drivers for GPU, netword card and soforth. Playing through a private VPN. Adding --noasync to launch options.

Nothing helped so far. Anyone got other methods one could try?
"
vodeni wrote:

This is what happens:

Quick update:

Woke up this morning, wanted to do my daily master misions.
Havent had my coffee yet, and decided to try 32bit laouncher.
Loged in just fine, traveled to Ravaged Square and picked up my spectres, did my daily misions/
Had to logout, stuff to do. This needs more testing.
See you all this aftrenoon.
IGN: VodeniZec
I am connecting from Germany and from France. From my french line I have no issues at all. But as soon as I try to connect from my german line it is almost impossible to play. constant disconnects. then maybe half an hour it is ok and I can play, and then it starts again. No it does not happen only when changing areas. it can happen completely in the middle of a map, or at the beginning, or while I'm simply idling in town. It doesn't matter what I am doing in the game. Strangely my boyfriend connects via the same german line and does not have any issues, and he never had problems with disconnects or lag.
I tried via cable and wireless, no difference.
I reinstalled my Windows and installed the newest drivers, didn't help.
I moved the game data from my normal HDD to my SSD. Now it loads much faster which is pleasant, but still the disconnects.
I tried the suggested change back to Dx9, nope.
I tried starting the game with the 32 bit launcher, still the same and after that just to be sure I tried to start it with the designated x64 launcher. It is the same on both.
I tried playing my old Standard league Char, guess what happened? Yeah... Disconnect...

So I am kind of helpless I don't know what else to try...
For me, I have to log 3-5 times before I can play (total 4-5 minutes "lost" before each session). But it's never a issue for the rest of the session.
Last edited by Gaboriau on Oct 4, 2017, 2:06:15 PM
Always DC after quit portal on Lab, after kill kitava, and enter oriath when starting game.
Went back after a two month break. Issue still persists. Another two months break it is.

Also love there's still not even an acknowledgment the issue exists.
Last edited by Szhival on Oct 25, 2017, 8:44:55 AM
Just to add to this thread. I also suffer daily from this. It's extremely annoying, and often causes me to simply go and do something else instead.

I have tried pretty much everything. I've switched between dx11 & 9, cleared out the cache & map folders, run the filecheck, run a traceroute on 2 servers that I use to see if there's any packetloss (zero loss and less than 25 ping to each). I'm running a fairly good daming ring, and I know my components are more than capable of running the game in their sleep.

The biggest indicator to me is that I have a fair bit of free time during the day, as well as evenings.

During the DAYTIME, I rarely get these dc's. During evenings and weekends I get them a LOT.
Therefore, as Sherlock would say, I have eliminated all local possibilities, and only one possibility remains - it is server side, not local.

The fact that when the servers are busy this problem is way more prevalent than when they are not under load makes it almost conclusive that it is a server side issue. This probably also explains why there has been no official response.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this game, I just wish GGG would actually invest a little more back into upgrading the servers rather than ignoring the issue and hoping it will simply go away (it won't).
I loved Path of Exile.
I do not love Path of RNG.
Bloom gives me migraines, the over usage of darkness strains my eyes.
Save our game, remove all of the constant RNG and allow us to turn off Bloom or give us an in game brightness control!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info