intel turbo boost max, huge fps spikes (solved) look into it ggg multithreading

Well, for now I'm still trying to play it because I sunk a lot of money into tabs and a lot of time into my character and I don't want to lose those investments, but ultimately this is a game and I'm pretty sure games are supposed to be fun. I've read the forums and reached the conclusion that thousands of players are sinking incalculable hours into fruitless attempts to fix these lag and stuttering problems on their end while the trouble appears to be GGG and 3.0. Please, please fix it fast. Morale is low, frustration is high, and most of us won't wait long before another game grabs our attention and we just drift away from PoE. But I really liked this game and was planning on making it my past-time for the foreseeable future. How utterly disappointing that it's completely unplayable right now.
Honestly 3.0 content is soo GOOD but optimization part is awful, something really went wrong.
For me as well game now is unplayable sadly...
Thanks for this OP.
Had this issue since 3.0.
I have one of these newer Intel CPU's
Updated the Bios, disabled Turbo boost & speed step technologies.
Turned off multi thread support under options.
Lag spikes stabilized, FPS drops stopped completely.
Game is overall much smoother.
Wow, works for me, difference is night and day.

120 fps stable on 2.6 and sometimes in 3.0.

Randomly in 3.0 I get spikes. E.g. 5 fps, 100 fps, 11 fps, 90 fps. After disabling this I get 100-120fps stable.
IGN: Nano
glad to hear that it works^^
will it be fixed?
This is kinda weird. I've occasionally had massive stuttering since 3.0, and it was particularly bad with my new build tonight (Ice Shot, lots of shatters everywhere - guess that didn't help) so I was searching for some tips..

Tried pretty much everything and the only thing that improves things is disabling Engine multithreading. Which is weird because I'm running on a 6700K which doesn't have Turbo Boost 3.0 at all. I was typically running at ~300fps but while mapping it dips below 20fps suddenly, only to jump up back again. It was unplayable really, the stuttering makes my stomach turn. :p

And no, it's not network related. Ping is fine, and stable while the FPS jumps like a madman.

Running on DX11, G-Sync display @ 144Hz, V-Sync and Post-processing are off, rest is maxed, resolution is 2560x1440 and in Fullscreen mode.

The PC is a 6700K at stock speed, Speed Step is enabled.
GPU is a Nvidia GTX 1080Ti, not overclocked.
Plenty of RAM, everything runs on SSD, 500Mbps internet, connecting to Amsterdam usually at ~30-35ms ping.
It runs Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, and I've just upgraded to Fall Creators Update (1709) and that didn't help either.

But yeah, disable multithreading and it works much better. Something's gotta be up with that code.
"
Ceri wrote:

But yeah, disable multithreading and it works much better. Something's gotta be up with that code.

Been doing some mapping after disabling Multithreading, and yeah - it is clearly better. Mostly playable.

It's still stuttering though, even though I've got G-Sync enabled. Latest Nvidia driver, latest Win 10.
"
Ceri wrote:
"
Ceri wrote:

Been doing some mapping after disabling Multithreading, and yeah - it is clearly better. Mostly playable.

It's still stuttering though, even though I've got G-Sync enabled. Latest Nvidia driver, latest Win 10.

G-Sync helps with screen tearing not with stuttering frames.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info