Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath and the Harbinger League launch tomorrow!

Im fucking moist right now.
HOLY HYPE
If you are going to face a real challenge, it has to be a real challenge. You can't accomplish anything without the possibility of failure.
"
buz9 wrote:
"

You need a torrent client like e.g. utorrent (µTorrent). Just install it, and double click the torrent file :)

Don't use utorrent, it uses adds, and in the past has packed malware in with its installation. Qibtorrent or even vuze is better.

Just uTorrent 2.2.1 instead of the adware bloated crap they pushed in the later versions
GJ GGG as always, can't wait to play discover act 9/10 and final god perks :p

So there are 900 seeds for the torrent as of now, should be enough right ?

Also there is Transmission for your torrents needs guys, solid & malware free.

See you in 5 hours 54 mn ! :)))
"
punkerox27 wrote:
@GGG
If us download the torrent, how many Mb or GB left to small download after? 1gb? less?

1 to 3 Gb more with patches as Bex has stated before
sounds like today fall of oriath will launch and tomorrow harbringer league? is this correct?
"
RadTang wrote:

I have read some advices about suggested life pool and life% (4K life ? No less than 150-170% increased life is a must have) and some things like Mind over Matter.

You should go for more life.
You should land on 180%+ before finishing your character. And you also need some forms of mitigation to survive stronger content.

On the other hand; you will learn the game in a few weeks. You might also want to read some buildguides and watch a few streamers, what can help learning the basics.
Excited to be jumping in with this. Haven't played in a long while.
Super excited for the 3.0 launch! Thanks for all the hard work and late nights the GGG team has put into this!
My bod is sooo ready for this! Been waiting patiently and it's finally happening today! Woop! Dark Pack Occultist here we come :D
███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░
"
RadTang wrote:
"
sarannah101 wrote:

Welcome to PoE. The game will/might seem complicated at first, but once you get the hang of it and start understanding the basic systems it will be easy.

Do not feel bad if a build fails, just start over with a new char. Three month leagues offer plenty of time to level multiple characters while still getting all the challenges. Also, it does not matter if you level a low level character or a farm with a high level character in PoE as currency drops everywhere(maps and higher level unique's do not though).

For leveling, just make sure you max your resistances, or level purity of elements while you get better gear still.

Welcome, and enjoy PoE 3.0.

PS: I have seen many old D3 players make the mistake to call PoE clunky and slow, but this is only when you start out. When you get support gems, aura's, gear and start to get the hang of the game, there is no limit!

Thx a lot ! I am very excited and can't wait till 11 PM to join ! I know I wont make an uber build capable of Shaper but at least it will be mine fault :P Oh yes, resistances - as a guy who played D2 for a bit, it's too obvious :P Planning to run Marauder though Witch seems to be enticing too. IDK if I will go totem, depends on my luck and mood and RNG. ;) I have read some advices about suggested life pool and life% (4K life ? No less than 150-170% increased life is a must have) and some things like Mind over Matter. Feels good to be mortal again, not a uber Nephalem :D

Of course I will run D3 too.. just to be in touch with my awesome clan mates ! Maybe to boost somebody too :P

PS. Cut a lot and only left the original msg by @sarannah101

Well, and this goes for 2.6(dont know about 3.0) I always found 4k life to be map entry level life. When I check for build viability I always want atleast 6k life(2.6) and other mitigations like armor/evasion/fortify/arctic armor/mind over matter etc. For energy shield I always wanted atleast 7-8k(2.6), to make sure it could survive long enough to start the ES recharge.

When you look up builds, be extremely careful not to look at standard league builds, as many of those are only working/viable due to them having old unnerfed unique's. Best way to avoid this is to see the build showcased in the latest three month league(legacy in this case).

I have not played the 3.0. beta, but there were many nerfs/changes. So make sure to pick a stable build. As you lose experience on death(10% in maps) if you die too often, you will basically hit a brick wall(losing more exp than you gain). Try to avoid this. But if you ever do happen to die, try to find out why and counter it.

Goodluck!

Edit:
"
willeke wrote:
sounds like today fall of oriath will launch and tomorrow harbringer league? is this correct?

Everything starts at the same time.
Last edited by sarannah101 on Aug 4, 2017, 10:16:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info