[3.0 Updated] League Starter Spectral Throw Slayer with Hiltless

Ok, a few observations:

- Are your elemental resistances capped (75%)? They look like they are close, but not feeling like doing the full math.

- Spec out of Vaal Pact. Vaal Pact is really useful for reflect damage but won't be the difference that keeps you alive if you go into a +15% reflect phys map or a strong reflect pack... That also means that your on tree health regeneration should be enough to counter Blood Rage's beating on yourself.

- Having 2 or more items with little to no life isn't ideal (amulet, 1 ring, winds of change and the other ring (both with 50 life)), and if you need to have them due to economic reasons, I would advise changing some damage nodes for life ones. I would spec out of the top half of the left sword wheel, with those 3 points you can get Bloodless and 2 5% life nodes for a healthy 18% increase. I'm guessing that your life is close to 4000 and I think you need to get that up a lil bit.

- Your flasks: first health flask - Immediate recovery or 66% recovery speed flask with freeze immunity.
2nd flask - With Spectral Throw off Hiltless, mana is still a must, my work around is a hybrid flask with increased amount recovered and an immunity (curse, maybe). That would also free your mana flask slot and you could add a Stibnite, Jade, Quartz, Silver or Sulphur flask. Any of those would improve your build.

- I do need to add the unique amulet Carnage Heart, I haven't included the amulet in the guide, but it's a good one for the build.

Those changes should be enough to help you advance further in your maps.

"
Are your elemental resistances capped (75%)? They look like they are close, but not feeling like doing the full math.

Yes!, I always cap elemental resistances.

"
I do need to add the unique amulet Carnage Heart, I haven't included the amulet in the guide, but it's a good one for the build.

This amulet and changing my 2 rings for similar ones with better hp changed everything. I think when I finish Uber Izaro and get some more lvls this build will perform really well.

Thanks!
Any feedback about this? I want to know wich tier i can easily run and if the clear speed is good. Maybe a video could help me answer those questions.
I'm looking forward for this build but i want to make some changes:
Use Lycosidae and Scaeva (Maybe a Varunastra later).
Any advice abt this?
"
Maybe a video could help me answer those questions.

I wanted to make a video on a complete build, that means with a 6 Linked Hiltless... So far, I've wasted almost 1k fusings on a magnificently rolled Hiltless (all stats at it's highest) and the damn thing won't bother to cooperate. I've hit a ceiling for me as my gear stands at tier 13 maps, bosses are a pain and it's really hard to go deathless. Everything else is a breeze, crowds don't give any problem, even at tier 13, and tier 10 Beachheads are a walk in a park.

"
Use Lycosidae and Scaeva (Maybe a Varunastra later).

1. I wouldn't use Haste or another aura, I would just run with Blasphemy, Proj. Weakness and Increased AOE.
2. Change the build accordingly, shield and sword instead of 2H nodes.
3. Not sure about it, though, damage with a quite large dps 2H sword is already on the "low" side, so changing it, even to scaeva isn't going to go all that well.

Anyway, I wish you GLHF.
Is this build currently viable for most endgame content in 3.0? I look for fun in builds and this build seems extremely fun so I don't care much if it cant do absolutely every bit of endgame content but, will it get me far?
"
Is this build currently viable for most endgame content in 3.0? I look for fun in builds and this build seems extremely fun so I don't care much if it cant do absolutely every bit of endgame content but, will it get me far?

Look at my Slayer character and gear, with it being a couple steps away from a finished version, it can clear crowds, mainly with ease (just staying away of phys reflect rolls), up to tier 13 and 14.

It's with some bosses in those tiers where you really feel the weakness of Spectral Throw, but it's the same with EK and other melee/ranged skills...

The one place where the build does struggle, is in magic finding, you lose too much if you gera up for magic finding, I wouldn't go beyond tier 10s if you get one strong vendor gamble and a bisco's on the build... But that would be me.

Also, I expected all of this from the start, didn't thought it would be real end game - bosses viable, just fun.

And cheap.
Last edited by BMatrim on Sep 8, 2017, 1:58:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info