Patch Notes 3.1.0

"
Akymo86 wrote:

If a build or skill is good , yeah , so what? You are playing it in a league and having a blast, maybe you'll play it again next league, but 3rd time a charm? No... you would want to try something new.

This. Is just your opinion, in which I mind you, every single game or software design analytics lecture will be telling people differently, as in, what you just speculate on your post, is flat, out, wrong. What GGG did and is doing right now, is trying to achieve what we in the gaming industry call the "perfect imbalance".

If there's one thing the statistics have proven, is that in gaming psychology, the majority of users will always try to find out a way to keep doing what 'beats' a game's objective the most efficient way even at the expense of their enjoyment of their play time. There's even a quote for this taught in game design, "Users always choose the path of least resistance" -Paul Boag.

I can assure you, if HoWA wasn't nerfed. Most people would still exploit it like crazy on every single league since the claw was first introduced up until this day and forwards. Heck, I would still play it despite knowing every single nooks and crannies the gameplay has to offer. And the game would devolve into the Path of Who Has The Better HOWA Build™. As for the rest of people who refuses to play it, well, they'd call it quits or keep complaining to no end.
Last edited by ultimatecat on Dec 8, 2017, 6:49:24 AM
"
"Users always choose the path of least resistance" -Paul Boag.

Almost always true.
"
Dude poison and bleed right now MY AS WELL be removed.

Bleed - no, adds decent portion of DPS. Poison - yes, feels useless.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info