[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

"
Rogomatic wrote:
"
tr4nznrg wrote:
I actually tried this but all the curses on you reduce the damage in the same time. Maybe I missed an item or something to reduce self-curse-effect to 0%. But I basicly had the same damage output(with 20% curse effect).

I think a better investment could be a 6link armour for single target damage vs bosses.

I think it's just double Kikazaru (the 3.0 version) to reduce the effect to 20%. Haven't tested it -- is it that horrible?

edit: The only way I can think of to have a 100% reduced effect of curses is to be a Guardian or Ascendant and take the passive giving you 25% of curse effects. But that limits you to 4 totems with Tukohama's Fortress...

Well I reduced it to 20% curse effect and it was not enough. Think you can indeed reduce it to 0% as scion?

Anyway I liked this build so far for map clearing but lacking for boss-fights. Large hits/bursts are deadly too.

Right now I'm testing a DP (hc!) quad totem build and I prefer the survivabilty on it. Especialy using it with strong decoy totems. Just pop one decoy and 'afk' kill it with other totems. Maybe a 6link decoy totem on armour is nice to have for this build.
But the mapclearing for DP is weak vs the piercing frostbolts.
Why all the crit in the skill tree, but then using controlled destruction?
"
Gandalf457 wrote:
Why all the crit in the skill tree, but then using controlled destruction?

"
Mr_Tact wrote:
It is additive, not multiplicative -- so making up some numbers...

If you have +100% +50% +50% +75% -100% -- you still get +175%
O, I was interpreting as "can't crit"
Level 72 now on this build and its great. Fun to play and great clear speed. I can kill bosses but its slow - fairly safe but slow. Actually buying the 2nd Frozen Trails was the first trading in poe I've ever done. So my equipment is sub-par and its still working decently.

This is the most successful build that I have followed. Second was your warchief lab build which also worked out pretty great for my mainly SSF.

Testing the build right now, its pretty cool.

I just equipped what I had and it works pretty well, even did merciless lab (68) at lvl 62 and also killed Argus.

Tried some things, put on Soul Mantle to get an early third totem, but the curses are unbearable, if youre running and summoning you have like 5 curses on you all the time, on top of that it can be temporal chains which can be your death sentence.

I also had another amulet which might be a cheap replacement for pandemonius.
Pandemonius looks very good because it adds a ton of defense with the blind but a cheap alternative can be the Karui Ward.

Might even a good high lvl option because it adds movement speed and basically same damage and does not require a breach upgraded item.

Another idea I have is Asenaths gloves, apparently the temporal chains work with totem on hit.
That could make bossfights with fast bosses alot easier.
This build is really great. i am level 87 now and clear speed is excellent. I bought the mtx for Frostbolt (first mtx i ever bought) and I love the graphics and sound effects, very very cool. More than happy to support GGG in this way.

Thinking about starting HC next league and playing this build. Will be either this or sunder duelist I think, or maybe earthquake. For sure will need to practice some fights lol.
Last edited by dirkw83 on Nov 1, 2017, 12:54:21 AM
"
dirkw83 wrote:
This build is really great. i am level 87 now and clear speed is excellent. I bought the mtx for Frostbolt (first mtx i ever bought) and I love the graphics and sound effects, very very cool. More than happy to support GGG in this way.

Thinking about starting HC next league and playing this build. Will be either this or sunder duelist I think, or maybe earthquake. For sure will need to practice some fights lol.

Im using this build in HC, works like a charm for mapping
"
fambaa wrote:
Testing the build right now, its pretty cool.

I just equipped what I had and it works pretty well, even did merciless lab (68) at lvl 62 and also killed Argus.

Tried some things, put on Soul Mantle to get an early third totem, but the curses are unbearable, if youre running and summoning you have like 5 curses on you all the time, on top of that it can be temporal chains which can be your death sentence.

I also had another amulet which might be a cheap replacement for pandemonius.
Pandemonius looks very good because it adds a ton of defense with the blind but a cheap alternative can be the Karui Ward.

Might even a good high lvl option because it adds movement speed and basically same damage and does not require a breach upgraded item.

Another idea I have is Asenaths gloves, apparently the temporal chains work with totem on hit.
That could make bossfights with fast bosses alot easier.

if you use soul mantle you need two of those unique rings with -80% curse effect on you.

i also use karui ward. it's a good stepping stone until pandemonius.

lvl 43 in turmoil and just reached act 5.
Last edited by kompaniet on Nov 11, 2017, 3:19:37 PM
I'm using this build for turmoil and having a shit ton of fun with it but I got 1 question if I may. (Please note I'm still noob) Why didn't U get shamanistic fury nodes? It says it gives totem damage. Is it not applied to spell totem as well? And can someone show me how to link gear here? Lol

#nooblivesmatter

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info