[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

"
HighBlow wrote:
"
mikeywk wrote:
I'm thinking of swapping Frostbolt for Freezing Pulse for bosses. Did anyone else try different gem links for killing bosses specifically?

i also tried with FP but not much improvement , anyone tried any other cold skills for bosses ?

I haven't tested it yet but vortex might be good if frostbolts from totems are valid.

Edit: I've read about it and does not work lol.
"Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition is followed by madness." - The Shaper
Last edited by haxers on Aug 22, 2017, 8:24:28 AM
Looking to use this build as my first ever class when the games comes to xbox one this week. really great detail here and I am very excited. I'm curious as to what Pantheon to use as I don't see it mentioned in the guide or the video and also as I'm new I feel like I'm trying to learn a new language but the guide is very well written.

I also had a question regarding Arcane Surge as I see you said not to level it beyond your capabilities basically. How does this actually level then and do I need to do something special to prevent it from levelling?

Thank you for this guide and hopefully it will be the start of a great adventure for me
"
SphinxOG wrote:
Looking to use this build as my first ever class when the games comes to xbox one this week. really great detail here and I am very excited. I'm curious as to what Pantheon to use as I don't see it mentioned in the guide or the video and also as I'm new I feel like I'm trying to learn a new language but the guide is very well written.

I also had a question regarding Arcane Surge as I see you said not to level it beyond your capabilities basically. How does this actually level then and do I need to do something special to prevent it from levelling?

Thank you for this guide and hopefully it will be the start of a great adventure for me

the skill gems do not automatic level up, when a gem obtain the exp needed in the right part of your screen you gonna see the gem with a "+" sign if you dont want to level that gem do not click in that sign
"
SphinxOG wrote:
Looking to use this build as my first ever class when the games comes to xbox one this week.

Wow, PoE on Xbox? I'll definitely take a pass on that.
I am lvl 88 now.
this build works great. From the leveling process to the mapping.
currently i am at maps t8-11. and it is pretty easy.
i am not dying very often, that is a good thing in my opinion.
boss fights are a little bit slow, but not that badly as i thought.
most bosses from t6-11 maps are killed in 30 seconds. i find this ok.
few ones are harder, but ok, everyone knows that.

i am playing with 5l targy. staff. cost me about 50c, 2 weeks ago.
i am looking for my resis capped, a good health pool. so the basic stuff.
i am playing with one curse, frostbite. as an aura. and i have invested my ascendancy points 5+6 in power charges, that are generated by killing stuff with my totems.

my healthpool is 5.5k, and i have 1800 mana.

My dps with flame golem in my hideout und buffed is about 25k.
so it is solid, but has a lot more potential.
in fight, with all the buffs, vaal haste etc. it is sometimes up to 35-40k.

i think 6L staff would push me in a good way, also the pand. amulett. but both are too expensiv right now.

just some stats and thoughts to share with, if someone is on a good way and asking himself about his own stats and life pools etc.

Last edited by DerianDerian on Aug 23, 2017, 3:10:14 AM
"
DerianDerian wrote:
I am lvl 88 now.
this build works great. From the leveling process to the mapping.
currently i am at maps t8-11. and it is pretty easy.
i am not dying very often, that is a good thing in my opinion.
boss fights are a little bit slow, but not that badly as i thought.
most bosses from t6-11 maps are killed in 30 seconds. i find this ok.
few ones are harder, but ok, everyone knows that.

i am playing with 5l targy. staff. cost me about 50c, 2 weeks ago.
i am looking for my resis capped, a good health pool. so the basic stuff.
i am playing with one curse, frostbite. as an aura. and i have invested my ascendancy points 5+6 in power charges, that are generated by killing stuff with my totems.

my healthpool is 5.5k, and i have 1800 mana.

My dps with flame golem in my hideout und buffed is about 25k.
so it is solid, but has a lot more potential.
in fight, with all the buffs, vaal haste etc. it is sometimes up to 35-40k.

i think 6L staff would push me in a good way, also the pand. amulett. but both are too expensiv right now.

just some stats and thoughts to share with, if someone is on a good way and asking himself about his own stats and life pools etc.

why are you running blasphemy? you dont need it, the best curse that you can run is projectile weakness, the mana is part of your EHP, its not really recomended to reserve a lot of mana for this build.
Question about the 2 vaal haste gems, what's the point of having 2? I had increased duration, 2x vaal haste, and projectile weakness on my gloves and it just didn't seem worth it at all. Haste was hardly ever up.

Is there any replacement I could use for these?
Hi, Im enjoying the build, was curious what Pantheons should I be using? I dont see them listed on the guide. Thanks so much for the help!
Pantheons are subjective to what you feel you need at the given moment. I like running the anti burning ground minor pantheon since I find myself running into that a lot but the stun one may not be a bad choice if you run into getting stunned a lot at higher tier maps.
"
Chaseroonie1 wrote:
Question about the 2 vaal haste gems, what's the point of having 2? I had increased duration, 2x vaal haste, and projectile weakness on my gloves and it just didn't seem worth it at all. Haste was hardly ever up.

Is there any replacement I could use for these?

vaal haste works as a "hard" cooldown, im using for bosses

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info