Datamined unique - Repost

Never/No takes precedence over Always.
(see also: ResTech plus Diamond Shrine = no Crits)
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Never/No takes precedence over Always.
(see also: ResTech plus Diamond Shrine = no Crits)

Thx Viper, so in this case it'll work in player's favor.

I too was thinking about RT and Diamond Shrine, but didn't know what would take precedence, No over Always or the worst of the two outcomes from the character's perspective.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Last edited by Wazz72 on Aug 3, 2017, 9:34:06 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Oh it's yours Ephetat? Finally. :)

And yeah, Hrishi is the fucking *Man*.

Hi! :) Finally seems about right. I haven't been playing for so long, this will be a good opportunity to come back, as well.

Indeed he is. He's shown saintly patience with me, that is for sure. And I get the sense that he generously allowed the item to be slightly more powerful (again, within its niche) than he was comfortable with.
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
If the Essence Worm thing works and you can triple-Herald for stun immunity, that'd be pretty big. It does come with the fairly stiff cost of A.) not supporting one of your build-defining Herald skills at all, and B.) dealing with the otherwise lackluster stats of Coming Calamity (and Essence Worm(s)), though.

Not that 'otherwise lackluster stats' really matters. This is a proper unique - powerful effects but not so overwhelming that its use is mandated in a large number of builds. Well done. I'm honestly quite curious to see this play out. It works extremely well with Essence Worms even if the third Herald doesn't fly - you can use EW for a free Hatred, and a second EW for another aura if beneficial to your build, without impacting your choice of Heralds at all. What could also be very interesting to see is how this interacts with Blood Magic; does it also set Life reservation of Heralds to a flat 45%, thus opening up a whole new world of possibilities for low-life builds, or does converting it to Blood Magic let the smoke out and eliminate the Coming Calamity's advantages?

Frankly even if Blood Magic doesn't work, this could be awesome for low-life builds if the Essence Worm triple-Herald thing works, letting them cover their stun issues without having to deal with most of the other anti-stun items being crap or ludicrously expensive. Low-life Herald of Thunder 'Stormbringer' builds sound kinna awesome - link HoT to hell and back for damage, go Low-Life Pathfinder w/Coruscating Elixir (so you can, y'know, actually wear Coming Calamity and not Shav's :P), get some sorta high shock chance skill together to start the madness.

I super want to try and find some way of combining Heralds, flat damage, and Three Dragons or such in some way as to get Herald of Thunder to sustain its own activation. I suppose technically Vessel of Vinktar could allow Herald of Thunder to sustain itself (shock everything around you, let HoT kill it, move on with day and the being of a walking lightning storm) but that thing is stupid expensive and also cheese of the highest order...even if we're already also on Pathfinder anyways for Coruscating Elixir. Blrrgh.

But yeah! Something single-targety in either a spare 4L or a 5L/6L two-handed weapon to handle bosses as well as possible and get the chain going, then just do the Aberrath's Hooves thing - run around and murder stuff without having to click any buttons, just assaulting your enemies with NATURE. Could be a lot of fun, if clearly not Supah Metah Shapah Optimal.

Nice work, man. I quite approve.
"
ephetat wrote:
Just dropping by to say I'm the designer of The Coming Calamity :) I leaked the image to another (Turkish) website/forum and someone appears to have posted it on reddit afterwards.

I am extremely grateful to GGG for the opportunity and Hrishi in particular for his help and guidance.

I hope the community enjoys it!

So, two heralds and the node near the witch for stun immunity? Am i reading into this right or too much?

If this is the case i could easily make a necromancer utilizing it with ease and be quite pleased with the results with specific spells though the game does want you to move a lot so maybe not as much but still, looks like fun and a unique i would love to play with.

This might be my fav new unique since Maloney's Nightfall, thank you for bringing it in indeed.
Lol it's already on path of building lol...
No Problem,
Exile
"
1453R wrote:
If the Essence Worm thing works and you can triple-Herald for stun immunity, that'd be pretty big. It does come with the fairly stiff cost of A.) not supporting one of your build-defining Herald skills at all, and B.) dealing with the otherwise lackluster stats of Coming Calamity (and Essence Worm(s)), though.

Not that 'otherwise lackluster stats' really matters. This is a proper unique - powerful effects but not so overwhelming that its use is mandated in a large number of builds. Well done. I'm honestly quite curious to see this play out. It works extremely well with Essence Worms even if the third Herald doesn't fly - you can use EW for a free Hatred, and a second EW for another aura if beneficial to your build, without impacting your choice of Heralds at all. What could also be very interesting to see is how this interacts with Blood Magic; does it also set Life reservation of Heralds to a flat 45%, thus opening up a whole new world of possibilities for low-life builds, or does converting it to Blood Magic let the smoke out and eliminate the Coming Calamity's advantages?

Frankly even if Blood Magic doesn't work, this could be awesome for low-life builds if the Essence Worm triple-Herald thing works, letting them cover their stun issues without having to deal with most of the other anti-stun items being crap or ludicrously expensive. Low-life Herald of Thunder 'Stormbringer' builds sound kinna awesome - link HoT to hell and back for damage, go Low-Life Pathfinder w/Coruscating Elixir (so you can, y'know, actually wear Coming Calamity and not Shav's :P), get some sorta high shock chance skill together to start the madness.

I super want to try and find some way of combining Heralds, flat damage, and Three Dragons or such in some way as to get Herald of Thunder to sustain its own activation. I suppose technically Vessel of Vinktar could allow Herald of Thunder to sustain itself (shock everything around you, let HoT kill it, move on with day and the being of a walking lightning storm) but that thing is stupid expensive and also cheese of the highest order...even if we're already also on Pathfinder anyways for Coruscating Elixir. Blrrgh.

But yeah! Something single-targety in either a spare 4L or a 5L/6L two-handed weapon to handle bosses as well as possible and get the chain going, then just do the Aberrath's Hooves thing - run around and murder stuff without having to click any buttons, just assaulting your enemies with NATURE. Could be a lot of fun, if clearly not Supah Metah Shapah Optimal.

Nice work, man. I quite approve.

Have you considered the new ascend work for Scion? With 20 chaos resist per aura and some serious aura work, you could make some crazy LL combos or even nutso aura bots. I mean with one good chaos flask and just 3 auras you are sitting at like 40% positive chaos res in mapping and post act 8(10?) with 4 auras looking at 60% pos res. Combine with the heralds and low life idea and there might be something there.

I might try this when i get the unique and figure out just what i can do. Im very curious.

And yeah i agree, loving the unique.
@Steelgrey666: Avoiding Interruptions from Stuns is not the same thing as Avoiding Stuns. So with 2 Heralds and that cluster, you'll have (1-0.70)*(1-0.55) = 13.5% chance to be interrupted by a Stun, should a Stun roll be made.

The true prize is the Heart of Oak cluster near the Ranger, which will indeed let you get Stun immunity with two Heralds, and the reason behind the exact 35% number on the chest itself. Having an effective tree layout that reaches there as a Witch is left as an exercise for the player. :)

@1453R: Blood Magic should work. The item overrides the amount you reserve, but not what you reserve, to pay for the cost. Essence Worm, as per the all-knowing Vipermagi, should also work. But that may actually be less certain -- I don't know how the game acts to resolve the No/Always conditions when the modifier in question is a player-negative (i.e. reserving mana) as opposed to a player-positive (i.e. critting). My assumption was -- is -- that there would be no difference between the two cases.

@Both: It warmed my heart to see your comments. Thank you so much for your interest.
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
Can't wait to go

on their asses
Second-class poe gamer
"
ephetat wrote:
@Steelgrey666: Avoiding Interruptions from Stuns is not the same thing as Avoiding Stuns. So with 2 Heralds and that cluster, you'll have (1-0.70)*(1-0.55) = 13.5% chance to be interrupted by a Stun, should a Stun roll be made.

The true prize is the Heart of Oak cluster near the Ranger, which will indeed let you get Stun immunity with two Heralds, and the reason behind the exact 35% number on the chest itself. Having an effective tree layout that reaches there as a Witch is left as an exercise for the player. :)

@1453R: Blood Magic should work. The item overrides the amount you reserve, but not what you reserve, to pay for the cost. Essence Worm, as per the all-knowing Vipermagi, should also work. But that may actually be less certain -- I don't know how the game acts to resolve the No/Always conditions when the modifier in question is a player-negative (i.e. reserving mana) as opposed to a player-positive (i.e. critting). My assumption was -- is -- that there would be no difference between the two cases.

@Both: It warmed my heart to see your comments. Thank you so much for your interest.

Hmm....I see, my bad on that one. But definitely doable. Thanks to your input there, i have came up with an idea with a charged dash necro. Considering the passives i will need as well . definitely doable. That being said i could choose to go another route as a channeled caster instead while also hitting that node or be happy with the math you mentioned with only a 13.5% chance to be interrupted which is still pretty nifty.

And you're welcome, credit goes where credit is due.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info