Development Manifesto: Balance Changes to Chill, Shock, and Charges

"
Rakiii wrote:
sarannah101 - you will see tomorrow when patch nodes hit the table:)

Yeah, I kinda already figured that... it's just that... it's poe... and I'm impatient. :D
Shall we start crying for return of Shotgun effect and Double dipping to make it happen? Maybe we will get enough reddit bots to upbote the outcry.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Loving the changes!
I just hope you will stop limiting build diversity by intentionally only allowing specific things to take advantage of mechanics, i.e. stop with "physical attack damage with weapons," and "damage with attacks" on the new frenzies. That is bad and pigeonholes what we can do with the game. It's becoming "play the game we want you to" instead of the Path of Exile we all used to know, and I hope you are seeing this and steer away.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
bex, when u gonna give us new item filter information for 3.0 and ( finally ) patch notes?
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Aug 1, 2017, 9:22:50 AM
Rori and your chef Chris:
The Frenzy charges are spread between magic and attack, as you probably now better then me You should not touch it at all.
you have change other stuff not this one.
Here comes my 2 cents, it's fairly positive, just a tad of a solution even though it's probably terrible.

First of all, the problem. Charges are indeed powerful, but I do not believe the solution is segregating Power Charges to be casters only, and Frenzy Charges to be melee only, this ruins a huge part of the flexibility of the skill tree, and this is what makes Path of Exile so great, that build making is so versatile. With the charges chance, this effectively reduces the design space of players.

In my mind, a charge should be roughly equivalent to a notable. The first 3 charges' power can be warranted by the investment cost in your skills or gear to allow the charges to be generated, every subsequent one should bring power about as powerful as one notable.

Power charge already did that fairly well, but I will agree that 50% crit chance was exceedingly high. 40% seems to be a good spot, 30% would be a bit too low.

For Frenzy Charge though, 4% more damage is simply too powerful, there is no denying that, and it is counter-intuitive to what Frenzy charges are supposed to be about; speed. This is why I took a look at all notables, and every single decent notable that has attack or cast speed is in the 8-10% range, therefore Frenzy Charges should give 8-10% attack/cast speed per, and remove the more damage multiplier.

Most importantly, such a change would keep the charges' versatility, Frenzy charges would be excellent on Ele Overload fast cast builds, and Power Charges would still be good on melee crit builds, like assassin.
please bring all the balance changes more than 6 hours bevore start ok
"
Ashriel wrote:
I just hope you will stop limiting build diversity by intentionally only allowing specific things to take advantage of mechanics, i.e. stop with "physical attack damage with weapons," and "damage with attacks" on the new frenzies. That is bad and pigeonholes what we can do with the game. It's becoming "play the game we want you to" instead of the Path of Exile we all used to know, and I hope you are seeing this and steer away.

could you quick outline a shaper viable caster build that uses frenzy charges to be viable?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
So i go take a bath and came back and "they" are saying GGG reverted the more spell damage change on power charge, yet i can't find anything about it anywhere? GGG did change the 30% crit to 40% as specified in this post but some people argue with me that the frenzy will give more damage, and power don't give more spell damage anymore?. I'm confused are people just misinformed or it's me? Is this manifesto still valid or not?
Last edited by Halagaz on Aug 1, 2017, 3:15:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info