Development Manifesto: Balance Changes to Chill, Shock, and Charges

"
Halagaz wrote:
So i go take a bath and came back and "they" are saying GGG reverted the more spell damage change on power charge, yet i can't find anything about it anywhere? GGG did change the 30% crit to 40% as specified in this post but some people argue with me that the frenzy will give more damage, and power don't give more spell damage anymore?. I'm confused are people just misinformed or it's me? Is this manifesto still valid or not?

Changes to power change giving more spell damage and frenzy giving only more attack damage were reverted. Charges now act as normal, except power charges grant 40% inc crit instead of 50%.

"
In Wave 4 of the Beta, we reduced the Increased Critical Chance granted by Power Charges bonus and gave them More Spell Damage, while changing Frenzy Charges to only grant its More Damage bonus to Attacks, to better align each of them with their appropriate attribute.
We received a lot of community feedback, with many people against the change and many people in favour of the direction of its nerfs. We have decided to take more time to discuss this change and its consequences, removing it from the 3.0.0 patch. If we make it or a similar change to Charges in the future, we'll make sure to give more notice and explanation of reasoning.
Last edited by trollbutt on Aug 1, 2017, 3:18:49 PM
"
trollbutt wrote:
"
Halagaz wrote:
So i go take a bath and came back and "they" are saying GGG reverted the more spell damage change on power charge, yet i can't find anything about it anywhere? GGG did change the 30% crit to 40% as specified in this post but some people argue with me that the frenzy will give more damage, and power don't give more spell damage anymore?. I'm confused are people just misinformed or it's me? Is this manifesto still valid or not?

Changes to power change giving more spell damage and frenzy giving only more attack damage were reverted. Charges now act as normal, except power charges grant 40% inc crit instead of 50%.

"
In Wave 4 of the Beta, we reduced the Increased Critical Chance granted by Power Charges bonus and gave them More Spell Damage, while changing Frenzy Charges to only grant its More Damage bonus to Attacks, to better align each of them with their appropriate attribute.
We received a lot of community feedback, with many people against the change and many people in favour of the direction of its nerfs. We have decided to take more time to discuss this change and its consequences, removing it from the 3.0.0 patch. If we make it or a similar change to Charges in the future, we'll make sure to give more notice and explanation of reasoning.

A shame the gave in to the vocal minority who complained.
"
ImmaPokemon wrote:

A shame the gave in to the vocal minority who complained.

I don't think poeple are aware of how much they lost in the context of what was already changed in the beta.
Its still interesting to observe how GGG handled the charge change feedback. If you know something needs to be done sooner or later, it shouldn't matter when people complain. Although i ve to admit the changes were really poorly communicated. People will always complain whether its appropriated or not.
Last edited by tycrus on Aug 1, 2017, 5:12:41 PM
I'm excited for the changes. I auto approve anything GGG thinks is a good idea :).
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
why did i have to go like a year without playing.. im gonna be so lost in this update in terms of knowledge of the game, ohwell lets get it
"
yoese1367 wrote:
why did i have to go like a year without playing.. im gonna be so lost in this update in terms of knowledge of the game, ohwell lets get it

Just think about how fresh everything will feel!
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info