[3.0]Elemental Blade Vortex Scion. A strong,cheap and fun leaguestarter. HC

Pantheon?
Hi! This is a neat build, and I'm still sort of a relatively low-level player, so I might be missing something.

Why would I want to use the Controlled Destruction Support Gem AND go for the Elemental Overload keystone? If I've removed my ability to crit effectively with Blade Vortex, doesn't that completely eliminate the effectiveness of a passive that gives 40% more Elemental damage if you've crit in the past 8 seconds?
pantheon pls :D
So I came back to POE after being away 2 years. I jumped right into this build:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929908

It goes for a dual curse setup, but am having some problems with it. I would like your comments on how it compares to your build. One problem I have with the build I am running is low attach speed which affects movement through maps. I can get nuked quite often (4.5k health right now). Here is my gear:

"
Parthenon wrote:
Hi! This is a neat build, and I'm still sort of a relatively low-level player, so I might be missing something.

Why would I want to use the Controlled Destruction Support Gem AND go for the Elemental Overload keystone? If I've removed my ability to crit effectively with Blade Vortex, doesn't that completely eliminate the effectiveness of a passive that gives 40% more Elemental damage if you've crit in the past 8 seconds?

Sorry for the late reply. Controlled Destruction doesn´t take away your ability to crit, it just lowers it by 100%. You will still have your baseline crit and all you need is 1 crit every 8 seconds.
"
1. Don´t forget to put 6 Blade Vortex in your weapon swap as soon as possible to level them up

Why do I need 6 Blade Vortex in my weapon swap?
"
nomoney4u2 wrote:
"
1. Don´t forget to put 6 Blade Vortex in your weapon swap as soon as possible to level them up

Why do I need 6 Blade Vortex in my weapon swap?

To vaal once they hit level 20.
Hey, so long story short I ripped 2 chars in one night in AHC and had a witch stranded in ASC, so I messed a bit with the tree and made an elementalist version.

We drop ela focus so that our ascendancy isn't worthless and take Efficacy instead, drop a few HP because of pathing and SC. I changed the jewels to Abyss ones because why the hell not.

https://pastebin.com/e87eNmmy

DPS seems to be a tad higher (~140k with 10 blades) but I can't say for real game situation.

Interestingly for bossing we can go back to ela focus and rely on orb of storms to proc conflux for a massive dmg boost (~140k more with conc and 20 blades).

Another possible change is dropping ela focus completely and going hypothermia instead so as to avoid a 2nd swap for bosses.

What do you think ?
Just had a quick look because I am way too sleepy right now. But one thing I noticed that would be a huge dps boost would be taking Mastermind of Discord over Beacon of Ruin. If you use Orb of Storms it adds 19k dps at 20 blades, add Flamedash to that and you get another 38k or so.

Also the abyss jewels will most likely be better than the ones you used in the POB link. Spend like 30chaos on abyss jewels and you get at least 2x damage jewels and some random mod that adds damage.

If I rip my gladiator I might go back to this build. I will probably stick with Scion though because I really like the QoL from some extra phys reduction and the extra flask charges.

Thanks a lot for your quick answer!

Oh yeah, didn't think of flame dash even though I'm using it for obstacle passing x)
I'll check later if there's any room left for it, but Frost Bomb could be the last elemental skill to use for optimum usage of Mastermind of Discord.

Yep the abyss jewels were very lazily crafted and aimed at 1c budget for each hehe.

Updated PoB with new pathing (exactly 154 dex for BV), MoD and more high-end abyss jewels:
https://pastebin.com/nv0T73d5

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info