[3.0] Tri-Curse Frozen Storm Burst Occultist

yea i did the same for the spell but i think its just taken for the extra defence :P
"
nefczi wrote:
Forgive me for a noob question, I am probably missing something, but why taking Energy Shield nodes at bigining if thats a life based build? Wouldn't spell damage nodes be better for example?

with he recent nerfs to ES unique items, wouldn't it be best to grab the early shield and life as the build recommends? It seems easier to survive early on in order to level and grab the higher school points once you hit maps and level a lot more easily.
"
Socos wrote:
"
nefczi wrote:
Forgive me for a noob question, I am probably missing something, but why taking Energy Shield nodes at bigining if thats a life based build? Wouldn't spell damage nodes be better for example?

with he recent nerfs to ES unique items, wouldn't it be best to grab the early shield and life as the build recommends? It seems easier to survive early on in order to level and grab the higher school points once you hit maps and level a lot more easily.

Maybe, altho the 123 points build doens't respec those ES points still. If it was only for leveling, wouldnt he respec by then? I dont know. I havent been playign the game for a very long time(year and a half) so thats why I was askign. Becouse this seemed strange to me, as back then, investing in shield nodes, when you went life, was considered a waste, if I remember correctly. And early leveling was easy enough to not worry that much about survivalability.

Anyway, another noob question. Is the ring necesarry for leveling or can be acquired later? Will it be be viable as first build for the new league without having the ring from early on? :)
Last edited by nefczi on Aug 6, 2017, 5:50:20 AM
"
nefczi wrote:
"
Socos wrote:
"
nefczi wrote:

Maybe, altho the 123 points build doens't respec those ES points still. If it was only for leveling, wouldnt he respec by then? I dont know. I havent been playign the game for a very long time(year and a half) so thats why I was askign. Becouse this seemed strange to me, as back then, investing in shield nodes, when you went life, was considered a waste, if I remember correctly. And early leveling was easy enough to not worry that much about survivalability.

Anyway, another noob question. Is the ring necesarry for leveling or can be acquired later? Will it be be viable as first build for the new league without having the ring from early on? :)

Well iam lvl 57 atm lvling without the ring and doing great dmg.
the only change i did was use ball lightning instead of shock nova :P
"
todumbtodie wrote:
been following this for a bit now atm lvl 44.
but was wondering why you went with shock nova?
im using ball lightning instead atm and its great!

reason i didnt go with shock nova is because im most of the time at range and the shock nova isnt reaching.
And the ball lightning nicely combines with the gmp dealing alot more dmg :)

but besides that enjoying this! so thanks for atleast theory crafting it :)

Ball Lightning (as you know) works just as well. I'm using shock nova atm because I tend to be more melee range. Once I get a dagger instead of a wand, I'll be using whirling blades so I'll be darting around the group and I might switch to ball lightning.
"
nefczi wrote:
"
Socos wrote:
"
nefczi wrote:

I tend to open my builds with defensive stats because I run through a lot, i.e I don't take the time to kill very many groups. Taking defensive stats allows me to run through without needing to stop and kill things to survive. I only kill to level up.

As noted, the build is primarily life based. Meaning, I pick up as many life nodes as possible and my gear will be life-based. However, while I don't go out of my way to pick up ES nodes, they still provide some of the defense, which is why I don't respec them. Feel free to modify the build to your liking. It's perfectly viable to respec those nodes into damage later.

As for the Call of the Brotherhood ring: No, it's not necessary to level, but it does provide some nice defense and extra damage due to the cold/chill/freeze effects. I bought the ring when I reached the level requirement and it's really nice. I did a similar build to this a long time ago with Arc that I really enjoyed, which is what I based this on.
hey can u show us the gear u have at the moment
and tell us what stat we need in every gear

Thx Another noob player =)
"
hey can u show us the gear u have at the moment
and tell us what stat we need in every gear

Thx Another noob player =)

This is what I'm currently wearing. Note, that I didn't buy any of these items; I had these already and am using them to level up.

Spoiler

These are items that I already own from previous characters that I will likely use once I'm high enough level. Especially note that I already have a Divinarius that I will be using for the remainder of the build. These items are well suited for the build because they have a lot of life, ES and resists. Some items (such as the Divinarius and shield) also increase spell damage significantly.
Spoiler

Around level 75-80, I'll probably go shopping for some of the unique items mentioned in the original post or rare items better suited to the build. Stats I would specifically look for are:
Life
Resists - want to cap them
Lightning, Elemental or Spell Damage
Critical Strike Chance - not multiplier bc of Elemental Overload
Maximum Mana - we have a lot of auras going on, probably need extra mana
Dexterity - if necessary; we're using GMP and Herald of Ice we may need more dex
How do you obtain consistent power charges? Did i miss something?
Is forbidden power enough?
Last edited by St4hlh4gel on Aug 6, 2017, 6:14:30 PM
"
St4hlh4gel wrote:
How do you obtain consistent power charges? Did i miss something?
Is forbidden power enough?

Assassin's Mark generates power charges.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info