[3.0] Champion oro flicker strike. Shaper down.

"
Mare28 wrote:
Hey man, thanks for your work.

I went a different way and wanted to know what you think about it. Also how is it playing without Resolute Technique?
I really like Acrobatics.
How much Tooltip DPS does your flicker have? Sitting around 8k atm and looking to upgrade it further if you think I should go Elemental Overload.

for now i only have 5k tooltip, with 4 link

in beta i managed to kill shaper without EO, but if you look for extreme damage, go for it :)

-_-
When do you actually swap to using flicker strike for the build? I didnt realize the cooldown without frenzy charges early and am trying to get an idea if theres something i can do to help bypass it or if i should just be leveling with another still until later where i have multi-strike and frenzy charge generation?
"
prayformercy wrote:
When do you actually swap to using flicker strike for the build? I didnt realize the cooldown without frenzy charges early and am trying to get an idea if theres something i can do to help bypass it or if i should just be leveling with another still until later where i have multi-strike and frenzy charge generation?

i used frost blade for leveling until lv67.
-_-
"
top2000 wrote:
"
prayformercy wrote:

i used frost blade for leveling until lv67.

Yass, extremely helpful! Thank you!

Just hit 40 and kept trying different things, but frost blades is really fantastic until you can get oro's
Would Conqueror+Worthy Foe be a better option for Hardcore and bosses?
"
top2000 wrote:
"
Luriel wrote:
i will play flicker at harbinger so i want to ask you smt.

i looked for oro and terminus builds as i can see terminus have nearly 2m dps and this have 1.2m dps.

Oro's problem will be amulet it will be expensive i guess and oro have atziri gloves for qol.

To be honest i will farm with flicker maybe i can try guardians and shaper but i can do another char for them too i font know.

So what is your opinion i can't decide which one is better.

I can make oro above 2m dps no problem, it just will be expensive.

1) terminus builds relies on crit, which is nerfed in 3.0: abyssus nerfed, power charge nerfed.
2) oro doesn't need atziri gloves, i guess it's a typo? if so, xoph's blood will be cheaper than atziri glove, likely 5ex :15ex.
3) I've seen some extreme dps terminus slayer build using the Retch belt. how will you get that belt in 3.0? along with legacy vinkar?

Can u gimme a build with terminus + Retch + legacy vinkar!!
I really want to try that build
Did you end up liking slayer > champion or what is the consensus regarding this?
I'm still born between which I liked more. Champion felt more safe. Like I wasn't dying as much, but there was no passive regen. I'm terrible at this game so I stand in aoe from time to time and I suck with traps. Not having natural regen made it difficult. Now... I run slayer, I get the leech which sometimes feels like it might not be enough, but theres the onslaught buff too and the can't bleed or be stunned aspect.
"
sykezlol wrote:
Did you end up liking slayer > champion or what is the consensus regarding this?

I've been doing champion this league and it seems pretty great so far. I am going to try shaper/guardians within the next couple days but I got up to T15 on a 5 link oro's and before that up to T11 with a tabula.

Once i clear all content I would love to compare with someone who went Slayer and see if there is a noticeable difference, otherwise I will probably just regret my way into Slayer give it a shot just to see how it is.
Champion vs Slayer Gem Comparison

Impact vs Melee Splash

Impact let's you forgo Melee Splash.

Melee Splash is 26% less Damage to surrounding targets and up to 67% more melee splash area of effect. From the wiki: The area of effect created by Melee Splash has a base radius of 14 units which is increased with levels

Impact is 50% less Damage to surrounding targets. It is equivalent to a level one Melee Splash and has a radius of units. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634472#p13098555

Perm fortify let's you forgo... fortify.

So basically 26% less damage to surrounding targets vs 50% damage to surrounding targets and less AoE.

Champion vs Slayer Ascendancy Comparison

Then when it comes to Ascendancy, really just a matter of choice.

VP vs non VP. If you are trying to farm lab, I'd definitely do Slayer.
QoL for stun / bleed immunity vs perm fortify. If you're using Kaom's roots for the +1 Frenzy, it sort of a waste for Slayer. But with Impact do you even get that?
I also hate Temp Chains maps so Champion is AWESOME.

Anyways, I'm liking Champion a lot. I played a Cyclone Slayer in Beta so it's a nice change.

I might use the Perseverance belt to get perm Onslaught which synergizes really well with all the increased Armor and Evasion from Champion.

Also pro tip for Leap Slamming on weapon swap: Bind weapon swap to R and Leap Slam to Right Click!
GMT -7:00 PST
Last edited by nosl1w on Aug 9, 2017, 4:39:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info