[3.0] Champion oro flicker strike. Shaper down.

Are you taking all the jewel slots for Fireborn?

Because some of the points seem better spent elsewhere:
Left of the Vaal Pact only gives 12% dmg
The one between Acrobatics and the Frenzy Charge only covers elemental damage nodes, which already affect fire. The one between Juggernaut and RT has no damage nodes skilled in range

Or is the 106point build just a skeleton to choose nodes from with the remainder?

Also thanks for the guide :)
Now I'm hesitating with the berserker version. But I guess Champion is safer right? Even though berserker ends up with more hp the fortify and defense buff on low life sounds sweet not to get one shot, especially with the new league items... I don't know...

Besides, why don't you take the frenzy charge below duelist start?
"
Bowspin wrote:
Now I'm hesitating with the berserker version. But I guess Champion is safer right? Even though berserker ends up with more hp the fortify and defense buff on low life sounds sweet not to get one shot, especially with the new league items... I don't know...

Hi, I'm not top2000, but i'd like to share my experience on this. I tried this build over the last couple days in beta and found out, that you should take every little bit of defense you can get. Especially if you don't wanna die in the 70s to 80s where you don't have good gear.
(not a big suprise I know - but with this kind of build it can get especially frustrating).
I can't see berserker being a choice in a "league-start" situation.

That said, I will use this as my league starter (with champion) because the damage is really good from the get go and it has great potential.

P.S.: if you take a look at the PoB Pastebin he postet, he indeed takes the frenzy charge.
It just hasn't that great of a priority for level 83 (which is what the tree on poe-planner is build for)
Last edited by FurySX on Aug 3, 2017, 4:22:42 PM
"
FurySX wrote:
"
Bowspin wrote:

Hi, I'm not top2000, but i'd like to share my experience on this. I tried this build over the last couple days in beta and found out, that you should take every little bit of defense you can get. Especially if you don't wanna die in the 70s to 80s where you don't have good gear.
(not a big suprise I know - but with this kind of build it can get especially frustrating).

That said, I will use this as my league starter (with champion) because the damage is really good from the get go and it has great potential.

P.S.: if you take a look at the PoB Pastebin he postet, he indeed takes the frenzy charge.
It just hasn't that great of a priority for level 83 (which is what the tree on poe-planner is build for)

Thanks very much for this reply, that's what I was thinking as well, also noticing that I probably won't have access to Kaom's heart anytime soon. What do you think of the gear suggestion of Top2000? I'm not sure kaom's roots are the good way to go. Also, with all the armour from everywhere in the tree and gear, is it an improvement to get Acrobatics?

Thanks again !
"
Bowspin wrote:
"
FurySX wrote:
"
Bowspin wrote:

Thanks very much for this reply, that's what I was thinking as well, also noticing that I probably won't have access to Kaom's heart anytime soon. What do you think of the gear suggestion of Top2000? I'm not sure kaom's roots are the good way to go. Also, with all the armour from everywhere in the tree and gear, is it an improvement to get Acrobatics?

Thanks again !

Yeah, I find it hard to tell aswell. Since there actually isn't that much armour or evasion
you can't really rely neither on Physical dmg reduction through armour, nor on your chance to evade.
Even swapping Kaom's Roots with high evasion boots will bring you only to about ~41% chance to evade with super high-end gear.
You're primarily staying alive through leeching and surviving big hits via big health - the poe way.
And you can't leech while you're stunned. Or in other words: you WILL die if you get stunned. Yeah, and Kaom's roots basically provide you with both - stun immunity AND absurd +max health.

Kaom's heart obsiously is very very good for that build but its in no way required i would say. I don't expect it to be that expensive honestly. You won't need the legacy variant ;)

Regarding acrobatics: i think top2000 mentioned it here somewhere - together with the new pantheon system you get a somewhat decent chance to dodge damage completely. As I said, the payoff with that build isn't too high.

You could play around with Iron Reflexes. but that might only be a drop in the ocean because of the way armour works: It won't protect you too well against large hits - and those are the ones you have to fear the most. You will delete most small hitting enemies from the game before they can hit you.

EDIT: Leaving this statement like that might dissent with my previous post about berserker. What I was mostly on about was trading +10% dmg income against perma fortify, which is 20% dmg reduction.
Last edited by FurySX on Aug 4, 2017, 2:30:34 AM
Hello,
What do you think about some kind of Scion class ?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1901674

It is possible to take like :
- Champion : Fortify (with our attack speed, always up), +30% damage, 5% reduced damage from taunted ennemies (bosses...)
- Elementalist : 50% reduced reflect damage, 6% pen, 2 golems (conflux will be useless)

Seems better to me than Champion Duelist because other mods than Fortify aren't very useful. The path is a bit less optimized than Duelist tho.
Hello. In which order I should choose my ascendancy?
"
Saten wrote:
Hello. In which order I should choose my ascendancy?

Page 4 :

"
top2000 wrote:
"
CrazyRyu wrote:
Order for Ascendancy skills?

Fortitude -> First to strike last to fall -> Inspirational

If i want to go Slayer instead of Champion, is it the same path ? ( except ascendancy of course xD )
is this build work now with Emberwake change? (Now only allows 1 additional Ignite)
Disregard
Last edited by Vrocik on Aug 4, 2017, 10:15:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info