[3.9] The Bringer of Leech - Blade Flurry -League Starter -Budget-New Player Friendly!

"
Edelce wrote:
what do u think about a pride aul's uprising? is it worth? and maybe running a vulnerability curse with the free mana reservation?

As long as you can get enough res on your remaining gear, this is def an option. You could also even go for a more defensive curse like enfeeble, since the things that often one-shot you are big hits that crit. I've always wondered how tanky the crit and damage reduction from Enfeelbe would make us. Not to mention, the accuracy reduction paired with the Blind from Bringer.

"
Leguleyo wrote:
What do you think of the merits of Impale Support vs. Concentrated Effect?

Right now you have:

- 50% impale chance.
- 10% increased impale effect.

With a Q20 Impale you get:

+ 40% chance
+ 59% effect

We know that 100% impale equals to effective +50% damage and that we can get +104% increased effect from the tree, so calculations would be as follows:

Impale increased damage with your build: 25% (5 hits at 50% chance) + 2.5% (25% * 10% effect) = +27.5% dmg.

Impale increased damage if you use Impale support: 45% (5 hits at 90% chance) + 31.1% (45% * 69% effect) = +76.1% dmg.

Therefore, added damage with both gems, both at Q20, is:

- Concentrated effect: +64% from the gem + 27.5% from current impale nods = 91.5%.

- Impale support: +76.1% from impale + 15% increased gem damage = 91.1%

All in all, with Impale support damage is very similar but you do not lose area of effect.

(For illustrative purposes, below is max damage from impale that you can get in 3.8:

Max impale dmg from tree: 50% + 54% (50% * 104% effect) = + 104% dmg.
Max impale dmg from tree (gladiator): 70% (7 stacks) + 75.6% (70% * 104% effect) = + 145.6% dmg.)

Wow, I'm terrible at math so I'm going to blindly trust your calcs, soo... It def looks like Impale support is better simply because you don't lose the AoE and it could save you time on a gem swap. Especially since with such high attack speed, we will get to max Impale Stacks nearly instantly.
Would it be possible to go with swords i know i would not get instant leech but i dont know i just like it more when i play with swords
Last edited by NorekZabojca on Dec 7, 2019, 10:07:41 AM
"
NorekZabojca wrote:
Would it be possible to go with swords i know i would not get instant leech but i dont know i just like it more when i play with swords

You can always use an item skin transfer, then your claws would be swords... but with claw stats :)

claws benefit this build in sooooo many ways. It would just be a worse version of itself with anything but claws.

What do you think of the patch notes? I'm still planning to league start with this, I'M STICKING TO MELEE! I refuse to be tempted by the mines.
The passive tree was moved a bit, but it seems that end game is not affected in terms of points needed. Early game is two points slower, I changed it so it still picks up Golem's Blood, but it connects with Blade Barrier/Ambi through the dex nodes on the right (Right of Vaal Pact, down), since we're already going that way later.
"
RobertDowney wrote:
What do you think of the patch notes? I'm still planning to league start with this, I'M STICKING TO MELEE! I refuse to be tempted by the mines.
The passive tree was moved a bit, but it seems that end game is not affected in terms of points needed. Early game is two points slower, I changed it so it still picks up Golem's Blood, but it connects with Blade Barrier/Ambi through the dex nodes on the right (Right of Vaal Pact, down), since we're already going that way later.

I just updated the PoB, and this build has def been buffed this patch. The changes to the tree now puts our best pathing through some places that gives us lots of damage and still 195% life by lvl 92, with 15% avail in the next 3 points and then 2 jewels by lvl 99. Very effecient if you push this build to 100. And this isn't considering that you will probably have good enough gear to be able to drop both +30 INT nodes, if you've farmed enough to make it to such a high level. So, that's another jewel or End/Frenzy charge availble at any point.
"
I just updated the PoB, and this build has def been buffed this patch. The changes to the tree now puts our best pathing through some places that gives us lots of damage and still 195% life by lvl 92, with 15% avail in the next 3 points and then 2 jewels by lvl 99. Very effecient if you push this build to 100. And this isn't considering that you will probably have good enough gear to be able to drop both +30 INT nodes, if you've farmed enough to make it to such a high level. So, that's another jewel or End/Frenzy charge availble at any point.

Looks great! I like the path change a lot.
Great new tree, better of what I had thought for sure.

3 small changes I made:

- If you connect the both sides of the tree through Master of the Arena you get 10 Str 10 Int instead of 20 Str. This way you slightly reduce your need for Int items/nodes.

- As I use the Impale support gem, I prefer to take the impale effect nodes instead of impale chance in Swift Skewering cluster. You get 100% impale from the gem + tree + dread banner anyway and this way you get 20% more damage.

- Claws of the pride seems like a very solid passive if the -X% phys damage reduction is finally powerful (difficult to tell now), but I do not know if it is better than 2 gems.
"
Leguleyo wrote:
Great new tree, better of what I had thought for sure.

3 small changes I made:

- If you connect the both sides of the tree through Master of the Arena you get 10 Str 10 Int instead of 20 Str. This way you slightly reduce your need for Int items/nodes.

- As I use the Impale support gem, I prefer to take the impale effect nodes instead of impale chance in Swift Skewering cluster. You get 100% impale from the gem + tree + dread banner anyway and this way you get 20% more damage.

- Claws of the pride seems like a very solid passive if the -X% phys damage reduction is finally powerful (difficult to tell now), but I do not know if it is better than 2 gems.

good catch on the skill tree, every bit of INT helps. And damn, I forgot about the Impale gem! Im gonna get updated later becuase we only lose about 30k dps and still have the full AOE. Plus, we can swap our Infused Chan for Inc Aoe for mapping since it'll still be around 1.2m DPS... Plenty enough to safely detroyd everything until we get to bosses and swap back.

I also realised by taking the left side of the Gladiators Perserverence wheel, we get a bit more damage, so I gotta update that.

I heavily considered Claws of the Pride, and really only for the +1 range. it seems to be about as good as 2 very good jewels, but only damage-wise. and we have plentyyyy of that, so I'd prefer 2 jewels with things that we don't already have nearly 2 million of :) like, life, block chance, INT and even a little damage sprinkled in there. Esp if you play this build to mid-late 90s, you will have currency to afford some reallllllly good jewels that will far outscale CotP.

Going add your name to the credits for the awesome Impale suggestions.
Hey, I got a question.
I'm new to the game and will try to use your guide as it looks appealing but I just can't quite figure out what all this texts in pastebin you linked suppose to lead to. Can you give me a hand on this?
I'm talking about the text like this
Spoiler
eNrtXXtz2ki2_3v4FCpXza2dythRt965yW6BbbBjgzHgV25NpVpSC2SEhPUwtrfmu9_TLQESICwcZ-_U7k2qEpBOn-7z-vU5rVbz-

i understand that it's a part of a link, I just dont understand where I'm supposed to put it in
"
RaZz00M wrote:
Hey, I got a question.
I'm new to the game and will try to use your guide as it looks appealing but I just can't quite figure out what all this texts in pastebin you linked suppose to lead to. Can you give me a hand on this?
I'm talking about the text like this
Spoiler
eNrtXXtz2ki2_3v4FCpXza2dythRt965yW6BbbBjgzHgV25NpVpSC2SEhPUwtrfmu9_TLQESICwcZ-_U7k2qEpBOn-7z-vU5rVbz-

i understand that it's a part of a link, I just dont understand where I'm supposed to put it in

There is a program called Path of Building that allows you to create a character and add items, skill gems, adjust the skill tree... and it will calculate everything and show you the characters stats, DPS, etc.

Most builds will have a link for this that you can import so you can see for yourself stats and DPS for a build, to get an idea of how it may perform.

I highly reccomend you google search Path of Building, maybe even look up some youtube videos to get an idea of how hte program works.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info