Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.9] The Bringer of Leech - Blade Flurry -League Starter -Budget-New Player Friendly!

Hi

Quick question,you take a few bleeding and impale nodes but you do not really commit in any of these effects. Would it be worth to swap them for physical damage nodes: you have Swagger, Claws of the Pride and Path of the Warrior easily reachable. Swagger looks particularly powerful, with both attack and defense.

Sorry if you already answered that question, I was searching in the comments but I didn’t find an answer.

Thanks!

Last edited by Leguleyo on Oct 15, 2019, 4:41:35 AM
"
Leguleyo wrote:
Hi

Quick question,you take a few bleeding and impale nodes but you do not really commit in any of these effects. Would it be worth to swap them for physical damage nodes: you have Swagger, Claws of the Pride and Path of the Warrior easily reachable. Swagger looks particularly powerful, with both attack and defense.

Sorry if you already answered that question, I was searching in the comments but I didn’t find an answer.

Thanks!

Not a problem at all! Sorry for my lateness in answering this, but these are some good questions so I'll address them incase others have the same thoughts!

Swagger would be good for the block chance, not sure if the charge generation would be noticeable unless you're in a long boss fight. This would be a good node to take if you plan on farming bosses that are bleed immune, since you could unspec the Bloodletting node and take this instead.

Impale is amazing scaling, while PoB does't show the DPS boost, I've read plenty of places that it is around 100% more physical damage. I only have 50% chance to impale, but with so many attacks per second this is plenty against long boss fights. Which is really the only place we need it since everything else dies so fast. We could really take Dread Banner instead of War Banner if we wanted to buff this even more, but people seem to like War better.

The bleed node we take gives us 30% chance to bleed, and we mainly take it cause it's 40% increased damage and the 5% reduced damage just adds even more to our defenses. Flat global damage reduction is really good.

"

Not a problem at all! Sorry for my lateness in answering this, but these are some good questions so I'll address them incase others have the same thoughts!

Swagger would be good for the block chance, not sure if the charge generation would be noticeable unless you're in a long boss fight. This would be a good node to take if you plan on farming bosses that are bleed immune, since you could unspec the Bloodletting node and take this instead.

Impale is amazing scaling, while PoB does't show the DPS boost, I've read plenty of places that it is around 100% more physical damage. I only have 50% chance to impale, but with so many attacks per second this is plenty against long boss fights. Which is really the only place we need it since everything else dies so fast. We could really take Dread Banner instead of War Banner if we wanted to buff this even more, but people seem to like War better.

The bleed node we take gives us 30% chance to bleed, and we mainly take it cause it's 40% increased damage and the 5% reduced damage just adds even more to our defenses. Flat global damage reduction is really good.

Thanks for the answer mate, currently lvl 88 with your build, still working great. I recently bought my gemini claw and I am rocking maps till I can do Lab.

And what do you think of Claws of the Pride vs. Bloodletting? As I constantly use whirling blades in fights the +15% AS should be up most of the time and that is a LOT of attack speed.
"
Leguleyo wrote:

Thanks for the answer mate, currently lvl 88 with your build, still working great. I recently bought my gemini claw and I am rocking maps till I can do Lab.

And what do you think of Claws of the Pride vs. Bloodletting? As I constantly use whirling blades in fights the +15% AS should be up most of the time and that is a LOT of attack speed.

Hard to tell without looking at the actual numbers in PoB, but Attack speed scales our damage better than increased damage so it would prob be a worthy swap.

Attack speed scales better because the faster we get to 6 stacks and release, the more overall DPS we deal. Esp in dangerous fights where you have to Whirling Blades constantly to dodge stuff. 15% attack speed might be the difference in getting off a couple extra 6th stack releases for that sweet 120% more mutiplier on each.
You say to switch to BF whenyou have a couple of decent weapons, what do you consider decent, because I want to use BF ASAP but I dont want to make the build worse by doing it too early. Would it be feasible to level with BF?
"
tcggammergod wrote:
You say to switch to BF whenyou have a couple of decent weapons, what do you consider decent, because I want to use BF ASAP but I dont want to make the build worse by doing it too early. Would it be feasible to level with BF?

if you use the Path of Building app, and know how to create/import weapons you can use that to see if whatever weapons you found or want to buy will be an improvement.

Import your current character, then add in the weapons.

Besides that, a good rule of thumb is just look at the phys dps of the claws/dagger/swords that you want to use and if they are comparable to what you're currently using then make the switch.

While leveling , pick up every rare claw, dagger and sword and ID them. If they have "__% increased physical damage" and/or "adds ___ physical damage" usually base items near your level just having one of these mods is plenty enough to carry you through at least the next couple acts.
Last edited by TheNotoriousPIG on Nov 30, 2019, 5:17:46 PM
Thank you! I have already switched over and I'm getting close to maps. one thing I noticed though which caused me some confusion was in the leveling tip section you have 2 cwdt set ups both with punishment, which confuses me, is one supposed to be immortal call?
Last edited by tcggammergod on Dec 1, 2019, 5:17:40 PM
"
tcggammergod wrote:
Thank you! I have already switched over and I'm getting close to maps. one thing I noticed though which caused me some confusion was in the leveling tip section you have 2 cwdt set ups both with punishment, which confuses me, is one supposed to be immortal call?

Yep, good catch! I actually should probably update that since I no longer reccomend the need for two different CWDT setups, since it's easy to just self cast Blood Rage. By Act 6 you can all of your end game gems setup, either with BF or Sunder.
what do u think about a pride aul's uprising? is it worth? and maybe running a vulnerability curse with the free mana reservation?
What do you think of the merits of Impale Support vs. Concentrated Effect?

Right now you have:

- 50% impale chance.
- 10% increased impale effect.

With a Q20 Impale you get:

+ 40% chance
+ 59% effect

We know that 100% impale equals to effective +50% damage and that we can get +104% increased effect from the tree, so calculations would be as follows:

Impale increased damage with your build: 25% (5 hits at 50% chance) + 2.5% (25% * 10% effect) = +27.5% dmg.

Impale increased damage if you use Impale support: 45% (5 hits at 90% chance) + 31.1% (45% * 69% effect) = +76.1% dmg.

Therefore, added damage with both gems, both at Q20, is:

- Concentrated effect: +64% from the gem + 27.5% from current impale nods = 91.5%.

- Impale support: +76.1% from impale + 15% increased gem damage = 91.1%

All in all, with Impale support damage is very similar but you do not lose area of effect.

(For illustrative purposes, below is max damage from impale that you can get in 3.8:

Max impale dmg from tree: 50% + 54% (50% * 104% effect) = + 104% dmg.
Max impale dmg from tree (gladiator): 70% (7 stacks) + 75.6% (70% * 104% effect) = + 145.6% dmg.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info