[3.9] The Bringer of Leech - Blade Flurry -League Starter -Budget-New Player Friendly!

"
•You get smacked and you're down to 3200/5000 life and CWDT(lvl13) procs your Punishment(lvl16) and now you get 33% more phys damage!

What I understand when you're saying that is that you ALWAYS PROC when reaching 3200 life if you have 5000 max life.

But that's not how I understand it. I understand, for CWDT lvl 13, that you proc after taking 1800damage. This mean if you take 900 damage then leeching to full life then taking another 900 damage, you proc at 4100 life if you have 5000 max life.

Am I wrong ?

Sorry for the english, I read it easily but don't express myself very well :D
Hey, just wanted to say thanks, TheNotoriousPIG (and Garfunkel) for the detailed guide and build.

This was my first POE character (just started playing in September), and was able to use this to kill Shaper last night (two deaths, one to invisible projectiles ugh). I used a the base of the guide, and added some of Garfunkel's tweaks, including Singularity, 6L Belly (well this is in both write ups), and Carnage Heart. I'm not sure it's the best build for endgame, but it's definitely possible and it's a great build for newer players to familiarize themselves with the game.

Thanks!
As I've said in previous posts, I love the build. Even with just BoR, it is very tanky. Could anyone look at my build and see if the only dps components I'm missing is GG jewels, flat physical items? I switched from my 350 pdps sword to scourge claw because somehow it is 20k more dps according to PoB (other sword was slow attack speed I guess). PoB doesn't seem to change numbers when I check "have you hit recently" for Scourge 70% increase on hit. Any tips would be welcome. Thanks in advance.
"
TheVenerable wrote:
Thanks for the cool build! Using a 6 link with a scourge claw instead of BoR, had to take a mana leech node though.

Saw your tree and you took Aspect of the panther and weapon artistry instead of fencing, it is indeed the better choice according to PoB but you forgot to update it in the first post :)

And what is your opinion on travelling to devotion instead of taking the marauder starting points, and the jewel socket below stamina node. We can also use upgraded soul of arakaali with immortal call + bloodrage to proc the increased life recovery.

Just whirling through red maps currently, completed uber lab at lvl 72! build is so tanky.

Thanks again for the detailed build guide, hope you update the trees and stuff on the first post!

Right, I need to update a few things. That's the tedious part of making a detailed guide.. Every time I or someone else finds a way to make it better, there's soo many sections that need to be updated. I'm gonna clean it up some more today.

Going Devotion is def viable. You'd def get more health with the 50 str and 16% life which helps out against all damage, but you lose out on 46% armour which is really good with all the armour we'd be stacking especially after going Belly + arm helmet.

Soul is really good, I actually switch to it when I'm doing labs, fighting Chimera, or in big parties where their kills might prevent me from being able to leech. But, in regular combat we go to full life practically instantly so the regen never really gets a chance to shine. I'd rather the big hit insurance.
"
Gaduk0 wrote:
"
•You get smacked and you're down to 3200/5000 life and CWDT(lvl13) procs your Punishment(lvl16) and now you get 33% more phys damage!

What I understand when you're saying that is that you ALWAYS PROC when reaching 3200 life if you have 5000 max life.

But that's not how I understand it. I understand, for CWDT lvl 13, that you proc after taking 1800damage. This mean if you take 900 damage then leeching to full life then taking another 900 damage, you proc at 4100 life if you have 5000 max life.

Am I wrong ?

Sorry for the english, I read it easily but don't express myself very well :D

No, you're correct. But the reason for keeping CWDT at a certain level is to proc after big hits, because those are the only thing this build is scared of.

You want to level up your CWDT & linked gems as much as possible so you get better benefits, but you also want it to proc early and often in a fight. I feel like setting it for about 1/3rd of your life total is the best balance.

"
nicky2tymes wrote:
As I've said in previous posts, I love the build. Even with just BoR, it is very tanky. Could anyone look at my build and see if the only dps components I'm missing is GG jewels, flat physical items? I switched from my 350 pdps sword to scourge claw because somehow it is 20k more dps according to PoB (other sword was slow attack speed I guess). PoB doesn't seem to change numbers when I check "have you hit recently" for Scourge 70% increase on hit. Any tips would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

PoB is changing for Scourge, it just calcs is when you check off "have you killed recently"

nicky2tymes COME ON DOWN! You're the next contestant in Pig improves your DPS!
::price is right theme song plays::

1. Get an Atziri's Promise flask, they're like 1c.
2. Get a Sulphur Flask. 40% increased dmg and 4% life regen is dope.
3.. Spiked Gloves give 20% increased melee dmg. Get some with added phys and attack speed if you can afford to neglect resist or if you're rich :)
4. Fix your CWDT setup. refer back to the guide and see how everything should be linked.
5. If you can, remove the crit craft and put resis or life. Or upgrade ammy altogether, the phys dmg, and 55 int is really nice, but this is about all you're getting from this ammy (the 36 res is really low) I did a search on Poe.trade and found ammys with similar int, phys dmg + 60+ res and 40+ life for as cheap as 5c.
Thx man!!!
Did most of what you said (no sulphur yet, can't spare the resists on spiked gloves, and can't find ammy like you suggested that's affordable) and dps is up to 400k. Thx so much!
Killed shaper even when my net was unstable, that instant leech really helped with the fight!
And now?
Which gem?

"
Nabeta_ wrote:
And now?
Which gem?

I still 1 shot packs with Increased AOE instead of the Ruthless, especially with the Herald of Ash overkill burns. So my plan will be to use Inc AOE for maps and of course switch to Conc Effect for bosses. I always hated using Conc Effect, but now that I've gotten a little over a year into the game playing mostly melee skills, I'm a lot better at positioning so Conc Eff it is!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info