[3.9] The Bringer of Leech - Blade Flurry -League Starter -Budget-New Player Friendly!

"
"
daiverok wrote:
Hi.
Just recognized that the screenshots of skill-tree are not the same that in the poebuilder...
So.. what i must too use ?
Main difference is "Fence" node. In builder u don`t get it, but in screenshots u have it.

Ah, I must have missed that. I put those images incase Poe Planner went down like it did for the first day of 3.0 release. Back when the guide was originally done, and when these images were screen shotted, I did take Fencing but then went for Weapon Artistry and Aspect of Panther instead. I'll get some new snapshots and update. Thanks for the catch!

Thanks for quick reaction =)
Last edited by daiverok on Dec 11, 2017, 4:06:02 AM
Can you swap in other skills fairly effectively? Thinking about molten strike with the new ancestral gem. With all the balls, you should leech fairly effectively still with all the hits, and the ancestral gem doesn't really have to be swapped out (target the ground and not the boss and you get balls, ancestral targets the single mob and you get more balls).

I don't really play melee so this was a nice guide. This league looks like a great one for melee with all the crazy shaped items and abyss jewels.
"
JoeODanger wrote:
Can you swap in other skills fairly effectively? Thinking about molten strike with the new ancestral gem. With all the balls, you should leech fairly effectively still with all the hits, and the ancestral gem doesn't really have to be swapped out (target the ground and not the boss and you get balls, ancestral targets the single mob and you get more balls).

I don't really play melee so this was a nice guide. This league looks like a great one for melee with all the crazy shaped items and abyss jewels.

I threw Molten Strike into Path of Building... and the damage was terrible. Bloodseeker's damage is pretty bad itself, but the massive more multipliers of Blade Flurry make up for it. You just don't get that with MS. You could possibly ditch the claws and dual wield or go two handed (with some tree changes) weapon with a ton of phys dps, but if you did that there are probably much better Molten Strike builds out there. Maybe even check the Sunder & Reave versions I put all the way at the bottom of the build, and just swap in MS.
Why is stone golem used instead of flame golem?

TheNotorious this build is HC vaible?? ;]
This build is an absolute joy! Super smooth mapping and easy boss fights!

I am currently no-way optimized in any way, just have the core items. But already this is making my new league character a blast to play with :) Thanks @TheNotoriousPIG!
Wouldn't the Build Benefit more from going Marauder/Berserker. Or is the Extra damage taken Too much
"
unkn0wn135 wrote:
Why is stone golem used instead of flame golem?

You could, I just feel like ~100 life per second regen is much more beneficial when added to all the other ways to leech and regen. I imported my lvl 93 BoL from last league, Flame Golem was 552k DPS compared to 538k dps with Stone Golem. Not enough of a increase to justify losing 100 life/sec in my opinion.

"
Kangurr wrote:
TheNotorious this build is HC vaible?? ;]

I think it could be, the only thing that kills you once you get geared up is 1-shots, and any hardcore player worth his salt will know all of them and be able to sufficiently dodge them. I'd def take more life from the tree though, Here's a PoB I threw together if I did go HC: https://pastebin.com/juhPbvYw

400k dps, 7,600 life, 467 life/sec regen, 24% evasion, 66% phys reduction.

"
Stoutfist wrote:
This build is an absolute joy! Super smooth mapping and easy boss fights!

I am currently no-way optimized in any way, just have the core items. But already this is making my new league character a blast to play with :) Thanks @TheNotoriousPIG!

Hell yea! glad you like it! Add me ingame if you ever want some dual Blade Flurry shenanigans!

"
Wouldn't the Build Benefit more from going Marauder/Berserker. Or is the Extra damage taken Too much

It would get significantly more damage from Zerker, but you'd lose out on a lot of quality of life that Slayer offers. Immune to stun, bleed, 20% cull, overleech, constant leech at full life, practically being phys reflect immune and practically free onslaught. I did the PoB numbers, and Zerker was about 650k dps to slayers 482k dps. This is a contrived example, but I did some simple math and a 10mil life boss dies in about 15 seconds to 650k dps Zerker, and dies in 16.5 seconds to the 20% cull slayer. So I think I'd prefer the extra utility Slayer offers.
Thanks a bunch for the build - it's exactly what i was looking for to hammer early season content.

I totally derped the first part of the tree and grabbed attack speed rather than flat melee damage so am going to have to sink another bunch of regrets into fixing that but hey ho.

Nuking whole screens of Abyss Junk via Headsman + Increased AOE is excellent.

I am sadly missing a *lot* of life rolls on gear atm but resists are capped and maps are being cleared - it can't be too long now until they start improving :)

Somehow i'm totally unable to make your CWDT setups and Ancestral totem work at the moment so reverting back to a classic CWDT/IC/INC Duration/Vulnerability with badass Warchief totem giving a melee phys buff + MaimSpam in gloves and a bit of extra punch.

I'll see how it pans out down the line.
Last edited by Iteken on Dec 13, 2017, 6:50:13 AM
Killed my first ever guardians & shaper on /view-thread/1893324 in Harbinger and now building this! Hope it works out. Feels weird playing without instant leech.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info