(3.0) 3 AURA RT 220k DPS DUELIST SLAYER SUNDER! **Cheap/Beginner Friendly** VERY DETAILED GUIDE

"
elevatedhobo wrote:
I'm guessing it won't but will the Herald changes push you towards changing anything?

Otherwise it looks like this is 100% good to go with 3.0?

As Far as I can tell man it should be fine. I'll have to test it properly when it launches, but form what I remember during beta it was fine. The overkill damage is pretty massive on trash mobs.

When I built this toon, I used the 3.0 tree and updated the PoB quite often to check for changes
My Youtube channel! Path of Exile bits and pieces!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGfyRQ8fKN8-NxC-s_urqA
Last edited by fight4anarchy on Aug 2, 2017, 10:53:43 AM
Awesome thanks! Looking forward to smashing faces with this.
"
elevatedhobo wrote:
I'm guessing it won't but will the Herald changes push you towards changing anything?

Otherwise it looks like this is 100% good to go with 3.0?

So I just jumped on the beta server to test the changes its fine man. And i used completely trash items like... I had a four link an shit haha

Last edited by fight4anarchy on Aug 2, 2017, 11:37:41 AM
"
fight4anarchy wrote:

I very rarely even do the bosses tbh man! They seem to give me the worst drops haha The range sunder has is quite good i think. i think that gives it lots of safety and then the overkill ignite from HoA helps with map clear.

Will the changes to Herald of Ash, specifically to ignite change this? I know the new version still deals damage via the overkill damage causing a burn, however it is not ignite now, so not sure if this would effect the AOE potential for this build, as right now we can run Conc Effect due to how the overkill ignites spread, just curious if anyone knows if this will still be possible?
"
phopper33 wrote:
"
fight4anarchy wrote:

I very rarely even do the bosses tbh man! They seem to give me the worst drops haha The range sunder has is quite good i think. i think that gives it lots of safety and then the overkill ignite from HoA helps with map clear.

Will the changes to Herald of Ash, specifically to ignite change this? I know the new version still deals damage via the overkill damage causing a burn, however it is not ignite now, so not sure if this would effect the AOE potential for this build, as right now we can run Conc Effect due to how the overkill ignites spread, just curious if anyone knows if this will still be possible?

Yeah man I did it last night on the beta server and it still runs fine :) I had a fourlink with truly shit gear and it was fine. So running this build will be completely fine from what I've seen. If the changes have affected this build the difference was negligible and I didn't even notive it :)

Thanks for the guide!

After testing SRS and RF as 3.0 starters I came to the conclusion that I needed leech in my life. And the thought of playing a duel wield slayer is repugnant to me.

Is it really necessary to take the big mana leech node or can you get by with the hybrid life / mana node? I guess the lab enchant would help here but your sustain may suffer against single targets.

What do you think of swapping out multistrike for something (only thing I can think of would be elemental damage with attacks) for boss fights? While you do get three hits from multistrike, it seems you can only target the first. Obviously you want a red for red gem swap. This would also improve your mobility in these fights. Or is single target just not a problem with warchief-bro taking care of it.
"
mmmmbetty wrote:
Thanks for the guide!

After testing SRS and RF as 3.0 starters I came to the conclusion that I needed leech in my life. And the thought of playing a duel wield slayer is repugnant to me.

Is it really necessary to take the big mana leech node or can you get by with the hybrid life / mana node? I guess the lab enchant would help here but your sustain may suffer against single targets.

What do you think of swapping out multistrike for something (only thing I can think of would be elemental damage with attacks) for boss fights? While you do get three hits from multistrike, it seems you can only target the first. Obviously you want a red for red gem swap. This would also improve your mobility in these fights. Or is single target just not a problem with warchief-bro taking care of it.

You mean the spirit void node? I'm sure you just use a flask if you wanted to, thing is even with that node there are times were I've found myself out of mana. very rarely but it has happened, and I hate to be caught my pants down and a pack running at me haha.

As for multisrike not being used in boss fights I've thought about this myself. And I do actually plan to check out the new phys Gems to see what I can sort out. But I do find now that I'm level 92 everything just melts! So for those earlier boss fights it would be a great idea. But for late, late game. I wouldn't worry about swapping gems out!

Yeah, spirit void. On my phone so a bit difficult to check the tree. Cool, well I guess the plan is to take it and then experiment a bit and see if it's necessary.

I have been looking at other options for multistrike and brutality probably wouldn't work as it would cancel all the ele damage from HoA, Hatred and Added Fire (I believe). This leaves Ruthless which I guess could work with decent attack speed. It would basically give a 25% more multiplier on average. I guess it may also be possible to cheese something out with chance to bleed (unless there is incidental bleed on the tree) and Bloodlust but this sounds like effort and theory crafting that is beyond my level. Probably worth to use Bloodlust somewhere on the Warchief setup if you get hold of a disfavor though.

The other option would just be to switch out Sunder for something else when bossing.

Anyway, good luck for 3.0.
"
mmmmbetty wrote:
Yeah, spirit void. On my phone so a bit difficult to check the tree. Cool, well I guess the plan is to take it and then experiment a bit and see if it's necessary.

I have been looking at other options for multistrike and brutality probably wouldn't work as it would cancel all the ele damage from HoA, Hatred and Added Fire (I believe). This leaves Ruthless which I guess could work with decent attack speed. It would basically give a 25% more multiplier on average. I guess it may also be possible to cheese something out with chance to bleed (unless there is incidental bleed on the tree) and Bloodlust but this sounds like effort and theory crafting that is beyond my level. Probably worth to use Bloodlust somewhere on the Warchief setup if you get hold of a disfavor though.

The other option would just be to switch out Sunder for something else when bossing.

Anyway, good luck for 3.0.

Didnt they change disfavour from 100% chance to bleed to 25%?

And you too!

Thanks for this Guide.
How viable do you think will this build be for Uberlab with 3.0?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info