[3.1] The Azure Knight Raider (Flurry/F. Blades/Life/Crit/Conversion) (4 min Shaper run)

"
Bristoling wrote:
Ruthless, being a red gem, would mean a total of 5 off-colors. 4 off-colors cost 300-350 chromes on average (Vorici 1 blue 1 red), if you want 1G 3R 2B, this would be almost 4k chromes, which costs a ton.
Also, you have to remember that difference is quite small, and if you encounter monsters with high resist (natural resist + rare mod, or some essence monsters for example) or just roll a map with monster resistances modifier, then Cold Penetration gem will be superior, especially against bosses on maps with such a modifier. Against regular monsters, you might not have Frost Bomb debuff active, meaning that the gap between CP and Ruthless is almost non existent and definately not worth spending 4k chromes on getting additional red socket.

In the gloves, you can easily put your Vaal Haste or Arctic Armour, and you will have a free socket on other piece of gear for recoloring (but your debuffs will lose a bit of area).
Alternatively, you can pay (or sometimes find a free service) to get your gloves recolored. If, for example, you have Hatred/Blasphemy/Curse/AA in your boots, you can pay for a 2B 2G recolor of the gloves (average 18 chromes 18 vaal according to calculator) and recolor your boots to fit the gems that you would normally put in your gloves.

I've used this guys service after seeing it on global 820: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1983699/page/4#p14851657

Thanks for the reply mate, i would like to ask you a final question, what is better, the 6 links zodiac (I currently have a 5 link 1G-2R-2B) or a corrupted hrimsorrow (Elemental weakness). i can only buy one of those with my current resources
6 link, because Herald of Ash is only around 6-7% more damage compared to 24-38% (depending on the enemy/gear/map mods) more dps with Cold Penetration. Altought HoA explosions look impressive ;D
My build guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180198

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Use above link for free booster when you sign up! :)
TVM <3
Exciting times.

Atzira down (level 81), Uber lab down (level 86, when I final got all the trials done, Got so many dupes that I sold some goddess for some neat profits. Gonna love RNG).

Both 1st time, without much drama. I died once during Atzira fight, I think I hitted the mirror copy.

I was overly prepared for Uber lab, 2 quicksilvers, 2 life flasks (swap flask during Boss fights), in the end, best way to deal with traps is move fast, spam life flash, & take Soul of Arakaali & Soul of Ralakesh for Pantheon.

The actual Boss fight was anti climate, each fight ended pretty fast)

I guess it heps greatly I don't have vaal pact for the traps. I can consider taking now, but combo of Vitally Void & Carnage heart so far works well. I can't difference the leech rate from my other character with Vaal pact & this. Leech is almost need instant already.

The downside is I lose 2 passive points which can be used to take a jewel slots. respec is something I can think about with luxury of not needing to do lab (I hate labs) anymore.

I took Acrobatics, & didn't notice my evasion greatly increase, so I was thinking you guys must got it wrong, only to realised my newbie ingorance. Apparently Acrobat gives dodge, not evasion, so I have 2 layers of avoiding damage, 3 if include block chance!!!

Anyway, I have a few questions for the experts.

First,
how much estimated life should I have (at say level 90, which is the level cap I will push) if I use Abysus?

2nd,
I use a Stinite flask (100% evasion rating), which give me only 3% increase in evsasion (from 51 to 54%. not sure why evasion is still only 51% at 149976 ER), but it provide a smoke cloud that blinds enemies, but if I use a Basalt flask, I get a neat 15% phy damage reduction, which seems more bang for the flask slots.What do you guys think?
Currently I run a

-life flask
-Diamond flask ((Your crit strik chance is lucky)
-Lion roar (nice much needed armor, knockback,as well as more damage)
-Stibnite Flask (100% incease ER & smoke cloud)
- Atziri's Promise (Chaos resist & more leech)

Once again thanks for the builds, & I cam targeting uber Atziri next...

Last edited by KiadawP on Sep 9, 2017, 8:33:15 AM
"
I guess it heps greatly I don't have vaal pact for the traps. I can consider taking now, but combo of Vitally Void & Carnage heart so far works well. I can't difference the leech rate from my other character with Vaal pact & this. Leech is almost need instant already.
You know what, I might test it myself one day, just to check it out (altough I like my rare amulet :D).

"
First,
how much estimated life should I have (at say level 90, which is the level cap I will push) if I use Abysus?
I have 5.75k at level 88 at the moment, and it is enough, I won't be taking any more life nodes personally. Some people do find it easier with even more life. I've seen quite a few threads where authors advise around 5.2-5.4k hp with Abyssus, but reading some of their comments people die a lot using them (also they don't have Acrobatics/Phase Acro/AA or a Blind source). So I think that 5.7-6k is a sweet spot to have.

"
I use a Stinite flask (100% evasion rating), which give me only 3% increase in evsasion (from 51 to 54%. not sure why evasion is still only 51% at 149976 ER), but it provide a smoke cloud that blinds enemies, but if I use a Basalt flask, I get a neat 15% phy damage reduction, which seems more bang for the flask slots.What do you guys think?
I use Lion's Roar, Atziri's Promise, Diamond, Basalt at the moment. I also use Silver since I'm playing Occultist version myself and don't have Onslaught (cannot afford ToH at 170c yet), but last flask could be either Sulphur for dps, or ToH if on a bigger budget, and defensively... hmm its tough.
Stibnite gives reliable Blind, but as soon as you move out of it you lose the bonuses, Jade flask might buff your evasion by a lot, or like you already have, a simple Life flask. I would pick whichever you prefer, I'm using only 1 defensive and 4 offensive flasks :D

And gj on doing Atziri/Uber! :)
My build guides:

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Last edited by Bristoling on Sep 9, 2017, 11:04:18 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. I went through your gears. Wow, every nice.

Looks like a lot of work on my part to improve on my gears, but at least I know where to improve.

I bought another zodiac, & trying to 6 links, so far no luck, will keep trying. Short of fuzing orbs now.

2 times I try to corrupt glove to have elemental weakness on hits, twice my poor gloves turn to rare, & vendored off!!!
edit: 3 gloves turn to rare now!!!! talk about luck. WHere is RNGesus when you need him.
edit2: 2 gloves corrupted, one nothing happened, the otehr I gain a white socket.
Last edited by KiadawP on Sep 9, 2017, 12:57:56 PM
Hey there,

I'm enjoying the build so far. Blade Flurry is a little odd to get used to but damn does it hit like a truck. I'm only a little ways into leveling and I'm doing a slight variation on the core concepts you have presented here (the variation being using two one-handed swords instead of claws). I was looking over the skill tree you have and was wondering if it is absolutely necessary for a Ranger start to map all the way over to the Scion health cluster.(If that question is borderline heretical please be patient as harbinger has been my first league.) I noticed that this build was originally designed for a witch start which would lend itself more easily to acquiring those nodes. Don't get me wrong, I know that it is a huge injection of health and health=alive, but I was honestly thinking that there might be a more beneficial allocation of points on the tree which would end up wasting fewer points on +10 dex and +10 str nodes. For example, taking the other +1 max frenzy charge node (cuz raider) and some of the ele-pen and crit nodes available. Hell, maybe even give the poor girl some serious lifesteal to go with Vaal Pact. I have not done much theorycrafting for builds in this game and would appreciate any insights you would have to share about this situation.

Thank You,

Marmot
Hi, I'll post more detailed response when I get home after work as I cannot even check the tree on the mobile, but I think you will be at danger of running out of life nodes to take and end up only with 5k life or less with decent gear instead of planned 5.7-6k.

You will still have to path to leech nodes in duelist area if you want to use swords, and from there it isn't far to get scion wheel anyway.
Also, even though you use swords, I still advise you to use one sword and an offhand like doryani or singularity, same principle as with the claws :) personally I think the claws are better but please let me know what your experience will be with them in the end game
My build guides:

My build guides:

Thank you for replying and so quickly as well. Yeah, the tree you posted was mostly how I was thinking of doing it. After reading your first reply I had a good second look on path of building and, indeed, the scion circle is not as far off as I had initially thought once you account for the main duelist nodes getting grabbed.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAIBAH11W6967-dUQzHAGv_evebQrcv1jX3UUlO7DY3TbzfUVUtvJwYg_o8AXu96OuFsjLXyNZLYvbTFbzsB3LIZTiqjinfjI9PC7KlueA29NkHQFfb-ui1NWhqJ09y9gaw-z02ShNnuDleXBS1RRw-rjDZ07SP2_MUXJnSgwzovctrBa5AM8kd-v9VieejWMHz-CmJanaqHdu0_eoSpeS5TmmoknZuN5GrtgwvBKjgxsAgu1CMyAWBBcFJh4qXL5w8WvxLxJIsX3Ez_YqwZjgAGJP0i6tN-BbXPegaiwzOmV03jvqdjcI2_8kUmlUp9ZU0=

I fiddled with the tree this afternoon and this is how I was imagining the lvl 88 tree looking. Mostly how you had it done. Also, I can totally see myself using a more powerful off-hand in the end-game to boost deeps. Thanks for suggesting it as I might not have thought of it. Also, you would say 5.7k life is a comfortable place to be or still a little itchy on hp?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info