Automatic trade system with bargain

Not a hard thing to do make a program that sync's with the automatic system hell I've had friends make it in ''other'' games for myself.

PoE is no exception really.

Anything automatic etc will do more damage than good.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
As if we didn't already have trade bots, at least if everyone has access to an automatic trading system advanced users would not be the only ones playing the market 24/7 and the competition would decrease their profit
"
CyberWizardB5 wrote:
As if we didn't already have trade bots, at least if everyone has access to an automatic trading system advanced users would not be the only ones playing the market 24/7 and the competition would decrease their profit

Ah the old "they are already here so why not help them instead of hinder them" argument about bots/rmt/cheating the system. Good good...
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
"
CyberWizardB5 wrote:

Ah the old "they are already here so why not help them instead of hinder them" argument about bots/rmt/cheating the system. Good good...

It's cheating only if very few are benefited by a set of rules different than that most people follow
If everyone follows the same rules it's not cheating anymore
Last edited by CyberWizardB5 on Jul 17, 2017, 1:24:56 PM
"
CyberWizardB5 wrote:
"
"
CyberWizardB5 wrote:

It's cheating only if very few are benefited by a set of rules different than that most people follow
If everyone follows the same rules it's not cheating anymore

"
Not a hard thing to do make a program that sync's with the automatic system hell I've had friends make it in ''other'' games for myself.

PoE is no exception really.

Anything automatic etc will do more damage than good.

I_No is absolutely right.

You are literally wanting to argue we should just follow a pit of despair in regards to a few people have split second auto whisper setups. Automated trading wouldn't give normal people like us the same advantage, it would make the people quicker than us even quicker because they could then set searches to automatically fling currency at any offers matching x necessary parameters. So then your logic would argue that GGG add in that functionality to make things even, and those people would again go above and beyond abusing the system to get an advantage yet again, and so on and so on.

There is no point in ever arguing anything that resembles "yeah but these things are already happening so we should give everybody the same advantage" in situations like this. The clever people will always find a new program to take advantage of the new system until the whole thing is completely f'ed up because you wanted to have it equal for a week until they found their new advantage.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
I'm not arguing that every single $8!7 should be allowed to everyone, but the issue with low price fixing can be resolved with an automated market

We have to deal with problems 1 at a time and once they emerge, it's extremely difficult to predict problems before they emerge especially something related to market manipulation

High price fixing can occur? Of course it can! It already happens and will always happen. Will it get worse? I don't think so. Do internet market make cartel worse? NO! It is actually even harder to make a cartel work today because of internet competition!

Good and rare items will always be expensive! Is everyone able to buy a Ferrari? Of course not! Can anyone buy ALL Ferraris in the world just to resell them at a higher price? Quite difficult...
"
CyberWizardB5 wrote:
I'm not arguing that every single $8!7 should be allowed to everyone, but the issue with low price fixing can be resolved with an automated market

No it couldn't all it will do is allow you to miss the frustration of trying to get an item when someone is off line or in another league.

It would be abused and that low price fixing will then be high price fixing with the system ruled by bots buying out every bargain before you ever see it, then all that currency will not be in the hand of the players but of people who would further abuse it or try RMT it.

Then you have some of the bigger exploits where people can farm stuff very easily where they shouldn't...further fucking up the market.

All the bollocks QQ and ideas are very narrow minded on one positive totally ignoring all the negatives which in many cases are worse.

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Then, tell me one thing, why eBay and similar RL sites are not all inundated with bots buying offers so they can sell it at a higher price later?
Answer: because it is not lucrative, it requires a large investment and/or storage space and the possible profit is low

If anyone starts to buy items under a certain price the market reacts to it by increasing its value to that undercut price, but at the same time ppl will start to stop buying that item and the flippers will end up without storage space and/or money and can't sell what they bought, and then they are forced to reduce their prices and sell items almost without any profit at all

Without low price fixing, everyone will easily know the real value of what they're trying to sell/buy and this is the main cause of not finding bargains on valuable items anymore, and without a large fluctuation in the value of the items it's harder to flippers to profit

"
CyberWizardB5 wrote:
Then, tell me one thing, why eBay and similar RL sites are not all inundated with bots buying offers so they can sell it at a higher price later?
Answer: because it is not lucrative, it requires a large investment and/or storage space and the possible profit is low

If anyone starts to buy items under a certain price the market reacts to it by increasing its value to that undercut price, but at the same time ppl will start to stop buying that item and the flippers will end up without storage space and/or money and can't sell what they bought, and then they are forced to reduce their prices and sell items almost without any profit at all

Without low price fixing, everyone will easily know the real value of what they're trying to sell/buy and this is the main cause of not finding bargains on valuable items anymore, and without a large fluctuation in the value of the items it's harder to flippers to profit

You can't guarantee the quality of the product on ebay. Seriously, did you completely ignore that little factoid? You can guarantee what you ask for is what you get in PoE outside of item switches to scam you.

And no, the removal of low price fixing doesn't halt high price fixing. You have a point that without unlimited stash space, nobody can hold on to items indefinitely, but the rich could easily simulate it by flipping larger currencies since they also likely have a ton of stash tabs to store stacks in. Hoard up all currencies like exalts that don't have an easy to manage recipe and they can easily warp the price up over time because the super rich can easily outpace normal players before anybody notices the continued trend. I've seen it happen before in Runescape, it could happen here even now, automation would only make it worse and quicker. Similarly, they can save stash space on items by doing this with smaller, rarer uniques. Skyforths are still expensive and take forever for a new one to be dropped/chanced. A small group of rich players could easily force you to buy skyforths at 30ex minimum because they have a bot that buys any under the price as soon as they show up for sale. Hell, they don't even need to coordinate that closely, they just have to decide to hold them up until the price shifts and buyers have no choice.

Again, this will happen in some capacity with automatized trade because it has happened in Runescape and I'm sure other games. The only question is how much of an impact it would have on the economy compared to Runescape where there are millions of players. And that isn't something you can brush off with a simple "I predict minimally, moving right along..."
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Market is commanded by offer and demand if there's no demand for 30ex skyforths they will be forced to lower that price, and you're not forced to buy a skyforth just like you're not forced to buy a Ferrari, and just like a Ferrari not everyone will be able to buy it

Buy expensive items just to resell them require an outrageous amount of resources, and there's no way to ensure you will sell it at the price you want to sell, you can't control the entire market, no one can

I didn't say the removal of low price fixing will halt high price fixing I said it will reduce the flippers profit because the price will stabilize, without the huge variation in price created by (among other things) low price fixing, the profit from each item traded will be much lower

With easier trade system anyone will be able to sell items at the same value as flippers (or just below that) making find items more profitable than flipping

High price fixing is a problem in POE just like cartel is in RL but the competition also plays a role here and even more in a game where anyone lucky enough can find a valuable item and sell it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info