Automatic trade system with bargain

Due to price fixing and absence of players to trade, trading is really boring and time-consuming and very few people like to trade (especially low-value items) so what do you guys think about this, an automatic trading system that also permit bargaining for high-value items and/or lots of items

How would it work:

The seller would list an item for sale in his premium stash and he can set or not a buyout price
The buyer can search for items in a similar way he can do on poe.trade and when he clicks an item he would open the seller store.

The buyer can choose to pay the buyout price and in this case, the trade would be immediate, or he can open a trade window and place an offer the same way he would do in a face to face trade he can even select more than 1 item from the seller's store to place an offer for

When the seller return to the city/hideout he can see all the offers other players posted to him and accept or refuse them (if an item is sold all the other offers for that same item is refused automatically and the offer is sent back to the buyer) if he accepts the offer the item is sold and sent to the buyer and the seller immediately receive the buyer offer

In short, this would be similar to a forum where the players don't have to be online at the same time to post an answer to each other and a built-in delivery system would complete the trade

Last edited by CyberWizardB5 on Jul 10, 2017, 7:52:18 AM
Last bumped on Jul 20, 2017, 8:19:25 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The trade system isn't going to be automatic.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
It would be fully automatic in case of buyout and it would automatically deliver the items traded.
The most important thing is that it would not be needed for the 2 players be online at the same time.
If only they would listen.
Someone need current system to cheat others by false listing.

That's why ALWAYS some people are against auto-trading.

I've found there're not only false lists in gears but also in currency lists.

Don't believe the low price in trading lists and spend your life testing them which are real or fake.
I love this idea. It would be different from an auction house where prices could really be inflated by people with a ton of currency.

I've also had problems trying to trade people. I frequently get "AFK" or some kind of message from them and never hear back. I've also missed out on a lot of opportunities for decently-priced items because someone was AFK first, then I check back later and find they sold it 5 minutes ago.

It would certainly make trading more dynamic and maybe create more dialogue between buyers and sellers.
I've said this before and I'll add it here again, my assumption and suggestion is that GGG will not allow a buy now eBay style button. Ever. Get over it.

They do however need to streamline the buyout process so we aren't stuck with poe.trade and it's issues.

They need to make it so that we still have our tags we have from public tabs and what we've used for so long beforehand. Yes fixed price tags will still exist. But GGG will require that buyers put their currency offer in a trade window that is asynchronous and the seller has to accept the offer before anything is processed fully, yes even fixed prices and buyouts being matched. Whether in game or on the site a little blop should pop up saying that you have an offer, they then have to look it over and can accept or counteroffered or decline.

Whatever system it is, it also needs to have a bit over a counter measure to price fixing to not be just like poe.trade. I am hoping they can have the system monitor itself and make descisions like " this item has been listed for 2 chaos and has rejected/ ignored x offers in the last 24 hours even though the account owner did view the offers, item delisted" and then further punishments for continued violations from the same account progressing to temp banning on all selling to longer and longer bans until the system just seems a pseudo infinite ban for refusing to sell. If it could be more complex, it would even take into consideration offers that exactly matched fixed and buyout tags and we're still declined. But I also know nothing about how complex all this is for a trade system to be coded and if it is even possible.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
An automatic trade of any sort will make low price fixing impossible because the items will be bought immediately by someone, and it will be impossible to refuse to sell at the listed price

High price fixing is much harder to counter (in RL it's called cartel) but if the market is easy and accessible to everyone, the profit from this kind of market manipulation will probably decrease due to competition
"
CyberWizardB5 wrote:
An automatic trade of any sort will make low price fixing impossible because the items will be bought immediately by someone, and it will be impossible to refuse to sell at the listed price

High price fixing is much harder to counter (in RL it's called cartel) but if the market is easy and accessible to everyone, the profit from this kind of market manipulation will probably decrease due to competition

But a good chunk of players and GGG don't want to allow full on ah mechanics so auto buy is sort of out of the question. The only thing I agree with allowing auto buyouts that I could see happening is small things like gems and crap that are never worth much. But then you run into the problem of GGG not wanting to be the ones to determine prices and if they aren't doing that, they can't technically agree to say these items are worth 10 chaos or less and may be auto bought to save time if they aren't personally dictating prices of items.

GGG doesn't like automated buyout design, they or at least some of them have said so in the past, so it isn't going to happen so it can't be used as a counterpoint.

Secondly, high price fixing isn't as easy? Hehe. Sure it isn't in temp leagues but people could be price fixing the hell out of standard within days. All it takes is a bunch of rich players to group together or have enough personal wealth to purchase every single sale of a particular item under a certain price point in a hostily active manner and then dump their items at that set price point while continouing to buyout any cheaper alternatives. The only thing preventing this from happening is uniques and stuff not dropping in similar patterns to say RuneScape where this type of manipulation was rampant when I played and may still be for all I know. Instead currency trades are where this can happen easiest on this side and it does partially happen. You just don't see super rich people buying out every single cheaper competitor yet you just have people the buy low and sell high very aggressively. Automatic trade just makes this process all the more easier.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
I know some ppl including some on GGG don't like the idea of an automatic trade system but a large number of players do and ask for it, what I'm trying to do is is convince those who are against it

And I didn't say high price fixing is hard to do, I said it's hard to oppose, but if everyone that finds an item starts to sell it just below the undercut price it should decrease the flippers profit

The market is highly profitable now because only a few players have time and patience to play it but if everyone also plays the market the competition should decrease the profit from it

Most of those who oppose the automatic system are just the ones who profit from the current market somehow, they know an automatic system would do the same thing the internet did to the RL market decrease individual profit and spread it to many ppl

I can understand GGG's concern about making POE's market problems become more evident with an automated system but it's absence only delay the market problems from hitting new leagues and hide them with an even worse problem
Last edited by CyberWizardB5 on Jul 17, 2017, 9:14:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info