Can we collectively try to participate in PvP?

Ok so GGG's been asked to mix standard and league queues but that might take a decade or so(those complaining that this shouldn't happen are treating PoE PvP like something competitive when there aren't even enough interested players to make it actually competitive. What PoE PvP needs the most is players), so in the meantime the only thing everyone has in common is having at least 1 usable character on standard.

Why is it that we spend so much time arguing on forums? Or play league and only PvP there when not everyone has a league character or the gear they want? Why even have an ego when there's virtually no balance? Why act like you're a competitive player when you're competing against 50 people at most? Why not just fucking casually have fun?

Things are not boding well for the future of PoE PvP. They're just not going to invest the time and money into changing things for us much. PvE changes will continually affect us. Sometimes in a good way, most times in a bad way. But the thing is, you're all still here. Complaining your hearts out like your voice is heard, but it's not. Or at least not really.

Why not just ...PvP? I tried for months and months to get people to do some CTF. If that's not your thing, fine. You don't have to like it, maybe 3v3s then? I gave up trying when half the people I messaged had gotten salty and decided not to play anymore. 3.0 is taking forever to arrive. League is taking forever to end. I get on for a few minutes a day to see who's online, waste all the currency I have left and play in sarn a bit. Otherwise, I've temporarily quit the game. I didn't quit cause I didn't like the game or wanted to. I quit because I wanted to do PvP and there wasn't any.

The CTF matches I organized for a few months were the most fun I've had in this game. The balance was out of whack, as always, but an objective based PvP was a lot more forgiving on which builds were and weren't good.

So I'm asking that people interested in making the little effort of keeping one viable character on Standard and taking part in organized matches add me (@HarleyCue) in game so we can at least try to just enjoy ourselves. This goes for the league people as well. Just keep one character or two around at least. If you're playing league and we're doing matches, just hop in. Have fun for a few hours and then get back to your league grind.

This is my last attempt at trying to bringing people together. If it fails, I'm gonna keep Harley as a personal trophy and then fully commit to PvE when there's new content. Cause the current situation just fucking sucks. Circlejerks, cry babies, butthurt, complaints, ...no PvP.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Jul 7, 2017, 8:37:09 PM
Last bumped on Jul 20, 2017, 8:28:58 AM
I love what you're trying to do, but just in my personal opinion since 3.0 is just about to come out, I think organizing things right this moment would be kind of moot. Also, we would just be seeing all the same broken shit one more (last?) time which doesn't really entice me that much.

However, I'm very interested to see what gets improved on after 3.0 is released. I know we'll all be playing PVE for a while, but I'm sure we'll get bored fast of that and fly right back here.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
Ahfack wrote:
I love what you're trying to do, but just in my personal opinion since 3.0 is just about to come out, I think organizing things right this moment would be kind of moot. Also, we would just be seeing all the same broken shit one more (last?) time which doesn't really entice me that much.

However, I'm very interested to see what gets improved on after 3.0 is released. I know we'll all be playing PVE for a while, but I'm sure we'll get bored fast of that and fly right back here.

See that's the thing. Obviously a new patch or a new league makes people wanna play PvE. But that content is not going anywhere. Why not take a break if something's being organized?

And yes, you'll see broken shit. Now and after 3.0. Probably more so in 3.0 even. New broken shit, but broken shit nonetheless.

It's broken, it's gonna be broken, it's never gonna not be broken. Just gotta take a step back and just do it for the lulz. We're all grown ass men playing with characters we spent a bunch of time theorycrafting and building and leveling. PvP should just take the edge off. Chat with some cool dudes, theorize new broken shit and have fun.

Also I don't know what you're expecting exactly, but your characters were performing really well in CTF in the grand scheme of things. But then you suddenly stopped? Was it my bear traps? That seems to have deterred a lot of people. NoahFence is retired now tho.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
If there was more ppl around id really like to do some CTF again i really enjoyed it. Tho all the broken stuff n ppl abusing it (yes i was abusing scold/BM) sometime makes u want to quit it.

Edit: tho id build a pvp char only after 3.0.0, cuz fuck GGG n all the stuff wee still dunno about 3.0.0 ( imb4 NERF HAMMER)

[REMOVED BY SUPPORT]
A day w/o dealing with stupid ppl is like....Never mind. Ill tell u if it ever happens
Last edited by philophil on Jul 7, 2017, 8:46:12 PM
nobody invites me. nobody. even they are looking for 3v3, they dont tell me. all good.

i dont complain about that, but thats the situation in my case.

it doesnt mean if i trash talk here and there i care only for winning or being around just to pretentiously feel better than others.

if people requested me not to use KB, it wouldnt matter for me, i can use something else with wands. or make a doomfletch build or sth.

edit: fixed*
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Jul 7, 2017, 9:08:39 PM
"
Rupenus wrote:
nobody invites me. nobody. even they are looking for 3v3, they dont tell me. all good.

i dont complain about that, but thats the situation in my case.

it doesnt mean if i trash talk here and there i care for winning or getting better than others.

To be fair you're quite literally never online when I am. Or at least you weren't when I was organizing the CTF.
people takes things very serious. in 3v3(ctf or non ctf) environment, for example, people can use aurabots / necrobots and make very different stuff than we are used to in pvp scene so far.

people takes things so serious that they stuck at one point and never move on.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
Simplesim45 wrote:

No.
"That's nice cupcake" ~ Rlowe, 1984 - RIP in pieces, least we 4get
"""Everyone is an asshole and I'm awesome" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016" ~ philophil, 2016" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"...post-ironic thread..." ~ Rlowe, 2017
[removed]
Last edited by Aodui on Sep 1, 2017, 12:57:22 PM
"
It seems some next level trolling.
𝓋𝒾𝒶𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓇𝒶𝒸𝓉𝑒𝓇 my ass.

Spoiler

CwS, CwDT, Winter enchant, Dying Sun;
Kinetic Blast, LA, Barrage;
Blight, Scorching Ray, 80k damage SRS MI, Beacon of Corruption, HoA, HoT.

Wicked Ward, Xirgil's Crank;
15k ES Aegis;
Zerphi's flask;
cwdt warp/dash.

Any 'PvP' match currently is a matter of "oneshot from offscreen and instantly teleport away with cwdt smoke mine".
Everything else doesn't work or irrelevant.
Try what?

You need a training dummy not some mythical 'PvP'
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Jul 8, 2017, 12:06:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info