$10 Beta Keys for The Fall of Oriath Available through Chrono - Today Only!

GGG is a company, and a company who's only source of revenue is mtx and supporter packs. The beta was bundled with those supporter packs as an added bonus rather than an incentive.

They could very well just do it themselves but it'd take a longer time to flesh everything out properly. Plus they're keeping beta servers running along side their usual servers. By forcing people to pay for access gives them money to maintain servers as well as expand them so that stupidly fun cwdt, coc, coi, and many others skills don't crash the servers.

Yes they could just give everyone a beta key, but that'd be a huge server load. 3.0 is scheduled literally a month away. You can just wait. I could honestly care less if there was a beta. The streamers provide enough of the bug testing as well as those who genuinely care about GGG and support them by buying supporter packs.

$10 dollars to play a game I love is completely fine to me. Although as I said before, I have no interest in the beta because I want to experience it in its full (hopefully) bug free state. But we all know that isn't possible.

They also PARTNERED with someone. A partnership is a chance for more money to better improve the money as well as more money. Because money is great. They could have just made another option to buy beta access themselves without partnering with another company. BESIDES, this is a one day thing. So stop getting your jimmies rustled, just wait a month.

You guys are acting as if GGG just released an item that can only be bought using real money that boosts exp growth by 420% or an item that is game breaking.

Edit: I fixed spelling errors... I hope.
Last edited by GoogleIt on Jul 1, 2017, 3:36:28 PM
"
kami_koi wrote:
Worst GGG marketing move today.

Now i have nothing to blame Diablo III players.

how the hell is this "worst marketing"? players that don't have money for supporter packs can get into beta for 10$ if they don't want to wait for an invite wave + ggg gets more exposure via that website. Its a god damn win-win....jeus
"
alinbandui1 wrote:
"
kami_koi wrote:
Worst GGG marketing move today.

Now i have nothing to blame Diablo III players.

how the hell is this "worst marketing"? players that don't have money for supporter packs can get into beta for 10$ if they don't want to wait for an invite wave + ggg gets more exposure via that website. Its a god damn win-win....jeus

it is :)

Oriath Supporter for 10$

get : beta key , title

just like with old beta supp. :)

Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/c/MrJimGaming
No new items or skills, you'd have to play slow to get $10 worth out of the limited new content on beta. You can't even try CI/LL since they forgot to rework reflect and you have no VP
Selling and buying keys for a beta is pathetic
Honestly I do not understand why there are so many players screaming this is somehow unfair. All they do is give players a chance to get into the very OPTIONAL beta for a slightly lower price. If there was somehow unfair marketing or anything morally wrong with this promotion I'd be one of the players pointing it out. There is nothing morally wrong about this promotion though, and the base game AND expansion(s) are still entirely free!

Personally I'm still holding out on buying a supporter pack(kitava) until I know what exactly will happen to CI/ES, hoping they won't gut it as heavily as stated in the manifesto.
I am very unhappy about this - so I spend $30 on what is essentially the key and a bunch of stuff I didn't even want. And then I could've bought this stuff for 20$ less. Great.

Ciao,
udergl
YOU should provide beta for ALL players at least for free. Pathetic begging for money stil continues. Will you ever learn ?
"
udergl wrote:
I am very unhappy about this - so I spend $30 on what is essentially the key and a bunch of stuff I didn't even want. And then I could've bought this stuff for 20$ less. Great.

Ciao,
udergl

The thing is you got a nice weapon effect plus 250 points to spend (which is 25$). So if you only aimed at the beta key you payed 5$ for it.

I would like to know if GGG still invites players randomly to the beta on a daily basis and what exactly the odds are to be invited into the beta.
IGN: ??? (Fips_PoE - Conquerors Of The Atlas, Metamorph League)

Originally joined: Jan 29, 2013.
Last edited by Fips_PoE on Jul 1, 2017, 6:49:52 PM
"
pootie3030 wrote:
Not cool.... will they put a price tag on the actual expansion release once the beta is over?

How is this not cool? And why would you jump to that conclusion? Have they ever charged for real content? No. Do they charge for what they can and where they can because a lot of work goes into this game, and they need to make money in some way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info