Sao Paulo Server latency

I'm adding some additional capacity today. I will let you know when the remaining replacements are in.

I'm hesitant to provide any estimates, as they seem to be taken as "deadlines" now - I will just stick to giving you guys information when stuff is actually tangible.
"
Holografik wrote:
relax, game is playable af guys
https://imgur.com/a/3Icf2oL
can't even use a portal to go back to city

This was caused by a realm-wide outage this morning.
Credit where credit is due: today was a better day for servers..
Just dropping by to say this server madness has just killed me again before I could even react properly during an incursion. And that's because a blow up pretty much the entire screen when I touch monsters... I cleared the rest of the map so fast and couldn't even read the drops without stopping. It's hard to stop when you've just started a super well-rolled t14 map, even if your latency decided to shoot up like crazy.

I'd love to be able to play hc once again one day. Unfortunately, I'm not very hopeful. The insane risk that comes with these latency spikes and constant crashes makes for an infuriating experience. I never thought I'd go back to softcore, but things got so ridiculous in abyss that I gave up.
Last edited by vhapter on Jun 11, 2018, 8:10:55 PM
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
I'm adding some additional capacity today. I will let you know when the remaining replacements are in.

I'm hesitant to provide any estimates, as they seem to be taken as "deadlines" now - I will just stick to giving you guys information when stuff is actually tangible.

This is happening just because a entire Gateway can not enjoy the experience of the new league. Adding to this the fact that we have estimates behind estimates and none of them is coming true, it is a bit difficult.
"
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:

This is happening just because a entire Gateway can not enjoy the experience of the new league. Adding to this the fact that we have estimates behind estimates and none of them is coming true, it is a bit difficult.

I should reiterate that this is not affecting the entire gateway, but a bunch of ISPs. I'm not downplaying that it's not affecting a significant amount of people, but the scope is one of the reasons why we haven't be able to justify moving hosts in the past.

Estimates given were also based on the information I was given at the time by our server host. I think it's just best not to give them anymore, as the info I'm getting is not reliable.
Someone can tell me why the menu is showing me 60 ms on SP and ingame i got 160?
The latency displayed in the gateway selection menu will be fixed soon. It's currently pointing at the old location.

Edit: Should be updated as soon as DNS changes update everywhere.
Last edited by Fitzy_GGG on Jun 12, 2018, 12:03:26 AM
Just here to say thanks Fitzy for putting effort into solving this problem, even thou it's still a work in progress. I'm sorry for the way the community is behaving, but we're just frustrated.
hi , im from argentina and have to play in the sao pablo realm , just wanted to say thanks to fitzy and the people working on this problem ,since there's so much negative people posting i decided to leave my lurker status for a moment , i hope the problems will be fixed soon , thanks for the effort and the feedback on the situation , SSF english btw .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info