Developer Diary - Music in Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath

Awesome, thanks for sharing GGG! And I love Kamil's work so much that I've followed him online.

As I've posted in the feedback forum before, here are some of my favorite works from Kamil. He made 4 of my top 5 favorite music tracks in PoE...

• 1.) Izaro's Labyrinth Exterior (dynamic, contemplative, with a touch of the orient)
  • 2.) The Grand Arena (representative of gladiator career: starts slow, grows, becomes epic)
  • 3.) Daresso's Dream (dynamic, flows well, great contrast, woodwinds, bells done right)
  • 4.) Kaom's Stronghold (love the tribal feel, awesome vocals, dynamic, epic feeling)

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Jun 27, 2017, 8:25:56 AM
The theme at the end of Solaris vs Lunaris was on point. I first heard it in the Mines and throughout Act IV so I thought it was associated with the Beast, but at the end of Oriath trailer and in some new boss fights I've heard it so what does it stand for?
I was listening to a streamer playing the beta (i want to discover the 3.0 myself at the release), and it felt strange we didn't hear that many new musics. Now i know why :p (and why in the OST there's only Act V). Good luck for the next tracks, and GG for the existent music. Like i already said in a previous post related, even after 1500+ hours played i still play with the music of the game.
Last edited by Harest on Jun 27, 2017, 11:54:39 AM
I play this game muted lol... xD
Its too vivid for me.
Sometimes its good to hear some dynamic music like this, but i think a bit melancholic or darker themes are fits better in most cases.

When im in game I dont want to feel im saving the world and im the hero.
I want to feel everything is lost already and i have to survive, i hope you guys got what i mean :) slower rhythm, progressive, minimal, dark effects, sinister

Like:
Atlas of Worlds - Shapes Realm
The Awakening - 3 The Dried Lake
The Awakening - 5 Kaom's Dream
The Awakening - 11 The Belly Of The Beast
Path of Exile - Church Dungeon
Breach

Just dont make too much hero themed sounds please, put more focus on the music like the mentioned musics above.

Really thanks in advance if you listening to me :)
Last edited by szíriusz on Jun 27, 2017, 12:48:02 PM
much love kamil

thanks for all this incredible inspiring music!
twitch.tv/catmasterOP
twitter.com/catmasterOP
youtube.com/catmasterOP

Playing since Nov'14 just before Bloodlines/Torment release, livestream since 2018, hosting Fated Connections PoE Community Podcast with BalorMage. I look forward to providing a lot more quality content in the future to come :3
"
szíriusz wrote:
Its too vivid for me.
Sometimes its good to hear some dynamic music like this, but i think a bit melancholic or darker themes are fits better in most cases.

I want to feel everything is lost already and i have to survive, i hope you guys got what i mean :) slower rhythm, progressive, minimal, dark effects, sinister

Like:
Breach

Just dont make too much hero themed sounds please, put more focus on the music like the mentioned musics above.

Agree. We are Exiles in Dark world, not a hero-marvel-superman.

I like:

ACTON'S NIGHTMARE
The Warden's Quarters

I will like to see in Poe soundtracks like this:

Diablo 1 Caves
Diablo 1 Hell
Music from Relive Demo and etc...
i fell in love with ur music right after i heard the classicmysterybox theme , u are a piece of art kamil keep the good work <3
Awesome - have loved the music!
"
szíriusz wrote:
Its too vivid for me.

Like:
Breach

I agree with You, however please keep in mind that this specific track is designed for boss fight (in my personal opinion that battle might be the most epic from upcoming acts). There are 2 themes in this track. One for Solaris (brighter and a bit heroic, but sad in the same time) and second for Lunaris (darker, with spark of evil).I tried to make them both noble and "ancient". Believe me, these 2 themes sounds very much different in slow, ominous arrangements. Upcoming Sarn (act8) track is good example of using both of them in completely different way :)
music composer

www.soundcloud.com/kamilormanjanowski

www.kamilormanjanowski.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info