[3.5] Death by a Thousand Cuts - Frost Blades & Blade Flurry Raider

"
paimon6 wrote:
Thank you very much for the guide! I think I finished my build!

Those are actually some pretty nice items. This build was originally a Lycosidae build mere days before the league, but GGG's nerf to its drop rate pretty much forced me to alter it last minute. It's nice to see someone getting around to actually getting my original vision together.
"
"
_Nektre_ wrote:
Also got Wacher's eye with 15% cold penetration while affected by hatred and balanced wise oak for all 3 pen (altho lightning is useless since i deal only fire, cold and chaos with atziri's).
If i can enchance something like flasks (not gear with resistances since i managed to balance them) then i am open for suggestions!
Also if someone could help me calculate my molten strike DPS that would be awesome.

Balanced Wise Oak also gives you reduced ele damage taken, so it's definitely not useless.

If you find yourself struggling against Phoenix or Chimera still, consider swapping flasks. Dying Sun (or even just a Ruby Flask) is specifically good against Phoenix, while Stibnite and/or Basalt is quite good against Chimera. You'd swap out Atziri's Promise for these fights.

Wrecked phoenix in one portal right now. 3 molten strike proj are way too op. I smell a nerf. Chimera last one left on my black list. Thank You for all answers :)
Is there another flask option other than the Wise Oak? Like a +3000 evasion flask or damage flask?
"
xXDiuXx wrote:
hi all,
this is my doubt:
in order we using ele focus in 6l molten strike set up, is ice bite better than a simple added cold? We cannot inflict elemental ailments, so we cannot freeze with molten strike and we lose a big portion of ice bite effect

Any suggestions?

Anyway, melted guardians and killed shaper so many times;
Last edited by xXDiuXx on Feb 2, 2018, 3:45:44 PM
"
andy950224 wrote:
Is there another flask option other than the Wise Oak? Like a +3000 evasion flask or damage flask?

There are, but it's not those mentioned.

Flask priorities are:

1. Diamond Flask
2. Wise Oak
3. Life Flask
4. Quartz Flask
5. Atziri's Promise
6. Basalt Flask
7. Stibnite Flask
8. Dying Sun
"
xXDiuXx wrote:
"
xXDiuXx wrote:
hi all,
this is my doubt:
in order we using ele focus in 6l molten strike set up, is ice bite better than a simple added cold? We cannot inflict elemental ailments, so we cannot freeze with molten strike and we lose a big portion of ice bite effect

Any suggestions?

Anyway, melted guardians and killed shaper so many times;

In my experience, the enemies you care enough to Molten Strike you can't freeze anyway. It takes 5% max health worth of damage per hit to freeze bosses, and only for an unnoticeable duration.. If you're doing that sort of damage your target should immediately melt regardless.

Ice Bite at max frenzy (especially if you get more from gear) gives you more damage than added cold, so that's why we use it.
Hi, Thanks for the guide, having tons of fun with this build, just wondering what your DPS for molten strike was when you did guardians/shaper?
"
ScoTos420 wrote:
Hi, Thanks for the guide, having tons of fun with this build, just wondering what your DPS for molten strike was when you did guardians/shaper?

I don't ever look at tooltip DPS. If you're talking about PoB DPS, it'd be about 99k per ball, how many actually hits per attack though would be a different point altogether.
"
"
ScoTos420 wrote:

I don't ever look at tooltip DPS. If you're talking about PoB DPS, it'd be about 99k per ball, how many actually hits per attack though would be a different point altogether.

Haha yea meant POB DPS, was just curious as im planning to do guardians this weekend, just wanted to make sure my damage was not too bad for it,i suck at guardians and need to practice doing them hahaha.Am hoping to down shaper for the first time before league ends and this build feels like the one that i might able to finally do it with! Once again thanks for the build! Been really nice to play! =)
Hello! I got lycosidae, but my build broke... can someone help me with the links + gear + passive tree? I just need to figure out what to do I can't keep up with ppl in maps anymore. It seems I have less attack speed for mapping too? Not sure. Please help if you don't mind.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info