Weekly Beta Report Two

When balancing the DoT damages with reference to the top end damage, I hope you will also consider making them at least usable for builds that don't invest so much into scaling the damage. Most people would still attempt to make it their main source of damage, and it would be nice if it were still an option rather than making them completely useless.

With the Brutality change for example, it was almost guaranteed to never be used on anything but a Starforge character because running Elemental support gems, auras, and flasks are always going to be better. Now that you cannot scale Chaos damage on top of the Physical damage, you remove the use of Ming's Heart, Atziri's Promise, and Added Chaos Damage, which were supports that made Starforge worth while. You will literally get more damage from not using Brutality and scaling Chaos damage along with physical damage with less investment, making the support useless in all aspects because bleed isn't currently worth building around.

I also share this opinion for Decay. Surely you can do a lot of damage with the current state of decay, but only if you cheese the damage with minion, mine, or trap damage. I don't think a damage decrease is necessary, but rather fixing the abuse of other scaling methods.

My opinion doesn't matter though, so whatever.
By the way if you see Flameblast as a problem while balancing ignite (despite the fact that other skills can already surpass its base damage) - how do you not see Viper Strike as an obstacle to balancing poison? It has 4 times the base poison duration AND it can also scale with duration nodes from the tree, which means if poison stays even close to viable, Viper Strike will be a super efficient destroyer of bosses like Shaper.

"
KaseyM21 wrote:
Poison is based on chaos AND physical. Even with Brutality you can still poison. Brutality says you can't deal chaos damage with supported skill. It doesn't it prevents ailments dealing chaos damage.

No you can't, poison is still caused by the skill, and will be prevented.

Guess they can't meet any deadline. You're all suckers for rushing to buy the latest supporter packs.
Last edited by HappyRogue on Jun 21, 2017, 8:27:43 PM
I like the changes to Brutality, I wouldn't have wanted to use poison anyways, pure physical damage with no chance to miss is how I love it
Boo! Un nerf the supporter packs and return the entry level pack to $20!
These posts are nice and all but where are the summoner changes that are supposed happen? Are they still happening, will they be in 3.0.0?
is 30% of 150% or 30% of my damage?
RIP DoTs, all of them, there's no chance...

And still no word on double-HP bosses in BETA.
Never forget - "With dexterous feet and steady eye, stones and arrows pass you by"
killed dots to the point where you have to use special software to make build just something close to viable and then... nerf it 100% more

hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Glacial Hammer now has 3-5% Chance to Poison on the character select screen.
Last edited by HQuality on Jun 21, 2017, 8:57:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info