ES is dead. Long live Life? Guess again.

"
Puraime wrote:
"
hyper_ch wrote:
"
Puraime wrote:
Life is fine if you get kaoms or belly.

7k life is quite hard to achieve if you dont have those 2.

Unfortunately you can only equip one of them ;)

I wonder why Kaoms or belly should be mandatory, if this game sells diversity yet have items that are mandatory to play end game.

because they want you to trade
I dont see any any key!

I have 7k+ hp atm without kaomi. Doing good so far.
Playing POE since 0.9.0
"
teketoria wrote:
At the current state of beta this is how my life build looks like.
Here are the details.

Level: 80
Increased life on tree: 161%

Life on items:
helm: 64 (using hrimnor for fire dmg and cold resist)
chest: 104 (rare chest max is 119)
glove: 78 (rare, max is 89)
boots: 87 (rare, max is 89)
ammy: 84 (rare, max 89)
ring 1: 78 (rare, max 79)
ring 2: 36 (rare, my own shitty enchant of life, resists are great)
belt: 29+87 (leather rare, max is 99)
Total life from gear: 647
(almost 81 average!)

My total life is: 4755

4755 life is completly garbage, it may be fine for end of story and T1 maps but only on standard.
4755 life is way too low in the endgame where when you get hit it's often for 7k or more.
Btw we lost 40 life from oak.
Last edited by EzBreesy on Jun 20, 2017, 1:02:47 AM
"

4755 life is completly garbage, it may be fine for end of story and T1 maps but only on standard.
4755 life is way too low in the endgame where when you get hit it's often for 7k or more.

Yup pretty much as bad as it was before at least for the right side of the tree. The good thing is that a lot more people will realize they get shit on in end game because a lot more people will go life now and not do the comfortable insanely op es build anymore. So there will be more people getting frustrated by the countless oneshots that will happen with ~5k life pool and point it out to ggg so maybe in the future they will make it a little better.
This thread was a good read. Guess it's time for the ES bois to GIT GUD.
Second-class poe gamer
I'm quite convinced now that I'll go HP / evasion / dodge bow build with VP - as Ranger (Raider) in 3.0.
I think I have finally quite determined that it's more than enough to survive on HC and even with sub 200% HP from tree.

P.S.: At least first character since it's so easy to lvl it!
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!
Last edited by Filousov on Jun 20, 2017, 8:55:37 AM
"
EzBreesy wrote:

you can survive all content with 5200ish life. worse, you can actually farm easy guardians like minotaur or hydra deathless with decent rare map mods pretty mutch all the time. i did it in legacy, with good evasion and 21/20 enfeeble. you can eat all moderate attacks from guardians and shaper. other attack are predictable and easy to dodge with a little practice (they are not made to be eaten in the face anyway). the only rought content with less than 5.5k life is uber atziri because the trio and vaal bosses hits pretty hard even with good dodge/damage reduction.

people being used to stay in the shaper beam or eatin his frostbolt will have a rought time in the first tries, the other players will continue to play the content the way it was ment to be played : plan and time your damage bursts, escape bit attacks, manage your flasks.

ending at 5k life is rarely a deliberate choice, taking every life node on the right/south right is still not enought to get 6k life with a few legendaries without a belly or kaom (and those sucks with evasion builds)

it would not hurt to have a few more %life on the right side of the tree.
"
Filousov wrote:
I'm quite convinced now that I'll go HP / evasion / dodge bow build with VP - as Ranger (Raider) in 3.0.
I think I have finally quite determined that it's more than enough to survive on HC and even with sub 200% HP from tree.

P.S.: At least first character since it's so easy to lvl it!

Heads up. No Life Recharge so pay attention to your flasks.
"
Puraime wrote:

I wonder why Kaoms or belly should be mandatory, if this game sells diversity yet have items that are mandatory to play end game.

theyre not mandatory, theyre not even the best you can get imo.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Puraime wrote:

theyre not mandatory, theyre not even the best you can get imo.

In terms of raising your Maximum Life even a perfectly rolled rare can't compete with Kaom's Heart or Belly of the Beast.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info