ES is dead. Long live Life? Guess again.

I made a somewhat lengthy post on this in Feedback and Suggestions called "The Easiest Way to Fix Life vs. ES". I won't quote it all here because I encourage you all to give it a read, but here's the gist:

Rather than GGG's three-pronged approach to "balance", which will create tons of legacy gear, I propose changes to the tree instead. Namely, a nerf to ES nodes (and possibly to INT scaling of ES as well, if warranted), and a buff to life nodes, especially on the right side of the tree.

As for Vaal Pact? It should either still work for both life and ES with a heavy nerf to its effectiveness, or be removed entirely. If it is removed entirely, however, there will need to be some reductions to the crazy spike damage we are seeing at endgame so everyone isn't constantly ripping their characters.

That's my two cents, thanks for reading!
"
VigilanteCat wrote:
I made a somewhat lengthy post on this in Feedback and Suggestions called "The Easiest Way to Fix Life vs. ES". I won't quote it all here because I encourage you all to give it a read, but here's the gist:

Rather than GGG's three-pronged approach to "balance", which will create tons of legacy gear, I propose changes to the tree instead. Namely, a nerf to ES nodes (and possibly to INT scaling of ES as well, if warranted), and a buff to life nodes, especially on the right side of the tree.

As for Vaal Pact? It should either still work for both life and ES with a heavy nerf to its effectiveness, or be removed entirely. If it is removed entirely, however, there will need to be some reductions to the crazy spike damage we are seeing at endgame so everyone isn't constantly ripping their characters.

That's my two cents, thanks for reading!

GGG doesnt care about legacy gear, because they dont care about standard league. Players, that play tremporary leagues, wont be affected be legacy gear.

You suggestion to fix life ES in another tread wont work anyway, sorry. It's not NODES should be changed, but ITEMS. Life items provide too small bonuses to life, while ES items provide huge bonuses to ES. So, GGG's nerf (reducing ES on items) was actually valid.

As for Vaal Pact - instant leech should be REMOVED. There cant be any compromise with it, if you want to keep balance. REMOVE IT TOTALLY!
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jun 21, 2017, 5:29:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info